“Peaceful Haven”
Review of Cashel House Hotel

Cashel House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Cashel B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Stayed one night, 1st June, with my wife. Fine, big room, overlooking the gardens with the bay in the near distance. Had a really lovely dinner in what, in my opinion, has to be one of the nicest restaurants I have ever had the pleasure to dine in. Fantastic big bay window overlooking the gardens, very attentive staff, great food, wonderful ambience. Food was not rushed, bur served at leisure. was asked would we like to take our coffee in the bar? No problem, coffee and petit fours came along in a few minutes. Breakfast next morning was in the same bright, airy room. Wonderful, wonderful views. Breakfast again was superb, with a fine, big choice of a cooked Irish breakfast, plenty of cereals and fruit juices to choos from. Really, really relaxing atmosphere and ambience. Even though it was 1st June, there was a lovely smell of open fires throughout the ground floor. (For those who have never had the pleasure of the smell/sounds of an open fire burning turh, briquettes and logs, come to this hotel for an experience never to be forgotten!)
Would I recommend this place? Unhesitatingly!! Really fantastic location, to get away from it all - the hustle and bustle, no mod cons in this hotel, just good, homely and friendly service throughout our stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank AtrueDub

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayd in this amazingly wonderful-hideaway hotel for 2night with 1 dinner on package 3 days ago, welcomed by a smiling lady, mrs. Mcevilly and her staff. The scones and coffee werelovely which is served by a very caring, very hospitable and attentive young fil. lady. (pardon for forgetting her name but think it sounds like *Carmel*) and i could say that Philipinos are the best! During dinner, i orderd Mussels which is undeniebly excellent followd by a refreshingly deli. Sorbet and a steak for my main, twas still servd by that gentle lady I mentiond earliear.. Twas really unforgettable holiday to be there. Like a heaven on earth. The staff did a great Job except for the evening barwoman who forgot to served our baileys coffee. but it's okay indeed.

4  Thank haleywalsh124567
Reviewed May 27, 2013

It was a wet miserable day and went with a group by pre arrangement to Cashel House Hotel Connemara. There was a lack of welcome, and the reception is set well into the house. Eventually was seated in a pleasant Conservatory. The soup was meagre in a shallow bowl, and the sandwiches were soggy sliced pan and an over generous amount of mayonnaise. The ambience of the place did not match the lack of quality in the food, which was a pity in a place that seemed to offer more than they delivered

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank storym
Reviewed May 26, 2013

A special offer on TV 3 taken on the spur of the moment delivered an experience to remember.
A friendly and helpful voice on booking
A warm reception on arrival after a delightful journey from Dublin in glorious sunshine.
A large junior suite with a garden and sea view.
Large and comfortable bed.
Dinner start with scallops,follow with a deliciously light seafood chowder,fllowed by monkfish and finish with the best creme brulee.
Friendly chat in the comfortable lounge and a good night's sleep
Grilled trout brekkie with fruit cold meats and cheese
followed by a leisurely stroll in acclaimed 50 acres of gardens
Do you want anymore?

Room Tip: ask for one
2  Thank iaclo
Reviewed May 23, 2013

A group of my family and friends stayed in Cashel House in May. They easily accommodated the 13 of us. My husband and I had a beautiful canopy bed and a little sitting area overlooking the beautiful gardens at Cashel House. We were all enchanted by the details of the decoration of the hotel which was in keeping with the garden setting.

Dinner was fantastic! We were not disappointed with anything about Cashel House and my husband and I will certainly be returning when we are in Galway.

Room Tip: The second floor rooms facing the garden also have a view of the lough.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jody C
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We live in Galway City and went to Cashel House Hotel for 1 night, which is just 1 hour away. We arrived at this very beautiful house to be greeted by a smiling charming lady, and welcomed us with such warm smile that we felt really special. When I say that it is a place that if "heaven " is like this, then I would be a happy person!!! Went to our room which overlooked the most beautiful and outstanding gardens that I have even seen, such a joy to look out at. Went down to the bar, and had tea/scones and just sat there to enjoy the wonderful surroundings of old paintings, photos, old pattern plates, we were in awe with the place, lovely sitting rooms all with the turf fires on, gave us such a warm feeling. Had dinner in the restaurant all their food is from the local area, their eggs and veg all from their gardens, and your menu will tell you where their meat and fish are from, the table was beautifully laid out with embroidered napkins, even in the bedrooms they had the same touch. The staff were just excellent, nothing was a problem, all had smiles on their faces, they could not do enough for us, absolutely wonderful. We did not want to leave,but with all good things like this hotel, we had to return to reality, but we will be back and are counting the days to it.
Thank you all for making us feel very welcome into your home, because that is what it felt like.

Heaven its where I want to be.!!!!!

Ger and Sean.Galay

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be facing that beautiful garden,
3  Thank Geraldine o
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

We booked Cashel House hotel last minute with an online Deals site. To say I was happily suprised on arrival would be an understatement. Cashel House Hotel is a beautiful old house gracefully converted into a real hideaway place to stay. The rooms are large and comfortable with the biggest bed I have ever slept in. We went down to dinner then which was included in the deal and had two beautiful courses of locally sourced and freshly cooked food. We then retired to the bar, a cosy affair with leather chesterfield sofas and a quiet ambience. The following morning we had a fabulous breakfast with the nicest egg and sausage I have ever eaten. This hotel really is a 'find', the staff are so attentive and genuinely caring, something you don't come across much in the newer hotels these days. I would recommend anyone who apprecaites the charm of true old fashioned hospitality and beautiful old buildings. If I get a chance I will definitely be visiting Cashel House hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Lola1Cahir
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cashel
Ballynahinch Castle Hotel
#2 of 2 in Recess
Renvyle House Hotel
Renvyle House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Renvyle

Been to Cashel House Hotel? Share your experiences!