“Connemara Bed and Breakfast - Very Good” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Atlantic Wave

Atlantic Wave
Ranked #1 of 5 Carna B&B and Inns
Dublin, Ireland
“Connemara Bed and Breakfast - Very Good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

My stay in Atlantic Wave Bed and Breakfast was very pleasant and comfortable. The lady who runs Atlantic Wave was a pleasure to meet; we were having a chat over coffee and a tray of biscuits shortly after arriving. The room I stayed in was very clean with an ensuite bathroom and good quality bed.

Mweenish Island is a bit of a trek from normal Ireland so it's a good spot to get away from any type of urban living - stone walled fields, holiday cottages, the sun setting into the Atlantic - that type of thing. There are random Irish speakers in the pub and shops up at Carna so that's energisiing to hear.

Anyway, the Atlantic Wave bed and breakfast was great and my host was great (ashamedly I forget her name). If you're looking for somewhere to stay around the Carna area of Connemara I recommend the Atlantic Wave B&B.

Richard O'Connor

Room Tip: Ask for a view of the sea (facing west).
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank Richard O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Polish first
León
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2014

We, a family of three went to Galway and around to spend a week, we decided go two days to the Connemara park and two days to the Moher Cliffs, both attractions were wonderful, and we had a lot of luck in both B&B we were treated as King, queen and Prince!! The owner Caitlyn and her daughter were very kind with us, the place is beautiful, charming rooms, with three windows with an amazing landscape, the Ocean, the sky, and the stones, amazing. The only difference between the Connemara park and the Cliffs is the relax in Connemara, very odd you find a bunch of people, quiet no noise, the sound of the sea, the pubs are no full no empty, with better food because is not full of tourist, the treatment of the B&B are the same: The best. Caitlyn was with a big pain in her back, and there was doing the tasty breakfast ( breakfast in Atlantic wave was incredible, a lot of food you can choice, and you can eat, included in the price) So , I and my family only have words of grateful to this B&B and it's owners. Its in front of the Sea, to the people that have a poet soul, is wonderful. My son and the pet of the house, Sheeva, they made a great friendship. Enjoy of this place and their world wide famous Irish hospitality .

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Yogur
Legnano, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Visiting the West of Ireland for a few days in August 2013, we had the pleasure of staying with Caitlin and enjoying her excellent hospitality. Despite arriving late in the evening, we were treated with the warmest of welcomes and the best Irish tea.

Marvellous views out to sea in a very quiet location. Well-placed for day trips to Connemara, Galway and the surrounding areas. Rooms comfortable, quiet and clean.

Couples, families and single travellers will surely be made to feel welcome and will enjoy their stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike20025
westbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Excellent choice. Caitlin the owner is very hospitable. The rooms are very comfortable, and the situation on this outlying promontory quite beautiful. Lots of parking space.
Recommend looking at the route carefully, the local roads maybe difficult to follow after dark.

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
dublin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Very warm welcome, delicious full Irish breakfast - I opted for porridge with home-made honey one morning, impeccably clean rooms and one of the best views in Connemara from the breakfast table. Cups of tea at the ready after walks, home-made scones, looking forward to my next visit!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank volpeurbana
Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Well what can I say apart from Caitlin should be given 10 stars it was wonderful to see you again and yet again I was made extremely welcome it felt like you were family I was visiting it was like returning home your breakfast is always amazing and could not get enough of your gorgeous soda bread and home baked scones. I have already told my fiancé that I will be bringing him out to see you late next year after I have been on a girlie weekend with my friends I so did not want to leave I always feel so,relaxed and made very welcome as soon as I step over the front door Caitlin you are a very good friend and can not wait to see you again

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank tracy w
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I have returned yet again to Atlantic Wave. I wouldn't stay anywhere else when I visit carna. Caitlin as always has a fantastic home, she makes sure we have everything we need. The full irish breakfast remains the best I've ever had, and sets me up for the day ahead. I always feel completely at home here and never want to leave. The rooms are beautiful with comfy beds, impeccably clean, all ensuite and the most amazing views. For me staying at Atlantic Wave is my little piece of heaven, and I am happy to recommend it everyone. I certainly can't wait till I return next year. xx

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Galwaygirl1620
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carna
Carna Bay Hotel
No photo provided
Cashel House Hotel
Cashel House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Cashel

Been to Atlantic Wave? Share your experiences!