“Great place to start exploring connemara”
Review of Atlantic Wave

Atlantic Wave
Ranked #2 of 5 Carna B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I stayed at atlantic wave for 4 nights and found it a great place to stay for exploring connemara. I had a small room with own bathroom, it was perfect for my needs.Iam a vegetarian and Caitlin found plenty of substitutes for me to eat. It was a great way to start the day and after touring and walking and exploring driving back in the evening felt like going home. Staying at the atlantic wave blended perfectly with the connemara experience. Many thanks Caitlin.

2  Thank martin l

Reviewed August 22, 2013

Situated with the Atlantic at the doorstep, this is a majestically situated B and B, probably the furthest outpost on the Carna peninsula into the ocean with a couple of beautiful little beaches nearby for sunset moments. The welcome from Caitlin was top-notch (she even sent a book to my home after I had left it in the room), the room spotless and the breakfast excellent.

Room Tip: Perfect for a romantic getaway or a relaxing trip away
2  Thank findlats
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Atlantic Wave is superb in every way: gorgeous setting; beautiful, clean, and quiet home; delicious Irish breakfast, in dining room allowing panoramic views of surrounding area; and, best of all, a warm, generous, and thoughtful hostess who did all she could to make sure my husband and I had a lovely stay.

The temperature was in the mid 50's (degrees F) during the first day of our visit in early July, but we didn't feel any draftiness or dampness in the home. Although a storm's wind and rain woke us briefly at 3 a.m. during our first night, we felt so comfortable in our cozy, dry bedroom that we fell back to sleep immediately.

Caitlin and her husband Michael, whose families have lived in this area for generations, gladly and patiently answered our many questions about Carna and the rest of Connemara, and especially about the islands of Mweenish and Rusheenacholla. My ancestors had left these islands more than 100 years ago, yet Caitlin even directed me to a few area residents who were able to give me some information about my family!

My only regret is that we could stay here for only two nights this time. I will definitely return!

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed here over Aug bank holiday weekend. Our group comprised myself (the Mammy), the Granny, my 18 year old daughter, my 17 year old son and my 7 year old son! So potentially an awkward bunch to please! However the family room was perfect for a group like us, loads of space and spotlessly clean. Caitlin the owner looked after us so well and was especially attentive to my 79 year old mother. The house is situated right beside the sea and the view is just beautiful as well as there being a magnificent garden surrounding the house. I would highly recommend this B&B.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Sheavey7
Reviewed August 5, 2013

So clean and comfortable. Pity they wouldn't let me bring my bed home! Lovely people, Lovely place. Stunning location, very well signposted to get to the house. A Warm welcome. Home baking and preserves for breakfast. Beig me ar ais!!

1  Thank Laoiseach65
Reviewed August 3, 2013

My wife found this terrific B&B on Mweenish Island, in Carna via a TripAdvisor search. Although we booked quite late in the day, our hostess, Caitlin, was extremely gracious and welcoming. Now I'm a pretty picky traveler but I have to say I was impressed in every way with our two-night stay. The house was beautiful, spotless, and comfortable. The location is quiet, very quiet, and the ocean is just a few minutes walk away. It was such a welcomed reprieve from our previous nights on noisy streets in the cities. Caitlin's breakfast was the best I've had and she took great care that my family had exactly what we liked. She was so charming and helpful with our plans to visit the local area, and she added extra touches that most other B&B operators do not. She became an instant favorite and we will likely come back again for another visit.

1  Thank manu204
Reviewed August 1, 2013

After a few days in Dublin & Cork we were ready to get away from the hustle & bustle of city life~& Caitlin & Atlantic Wave delivered. After looking thru TripAdvisor for a B&B we settled on Atlantic Wave~there were a few issues based on our 3rd party booking company, after our late & somewhat unexpected arrival Caitlin, took it all in stride~made us feel welcome, and accommodated our family of 4(2 adults & 2 teenagers). The Rooms & house were clean & very well kept. We had the best sleep since our arrival in Ireland(about 4 days before) that night, our morning Irish breakfast was excellent & I would say in comparison to all the b&b we stayed in during our visit, the best one. We stayed for 2 nights, a great base on which to explore Connemara ~on a island full of gems, this one certainly stands out, and I would highly recommend Atlantic Wave & Caitlin. Mahalo Nui Loa & aloha

1  Thank ssdoyle68
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carna
Carna Bay Hotel
#1 of 2 in Cashel
Island View House B&B
Island View House B&B
#1 of 13 in Roundstone

Been to Atlantic Wave? Share your experiences!