“Enjoyable Sunday lunch”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stopped by on the drive back to Galway city for Sunday lunch. The menu has a great choice and we had to ask the waitress for a few more minutes to decide just what we wanted to eat!
The pub was busy and there was a nice Sunday afternoon atmosphere. The waiting staff were very pleasant and attentive. I went for the steak and my OH went for a fish dish. We really enjoyed the food and will definitely visit again to sample more from the menu!

There are newer reviews for Paddy Burke's

Reviewed January 28, 2014

A group of us popped in here for lunch en route from the Cliffs of Moher to Galway. Adequate parking outside and clean toilets - always plus factors! The wait for the food was quite long, but when it came everyone was satisfied with their meals. I got the Chicken Schnitzel and it really was quite superb. Not cheap, but excellent food.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Honestly, this pub is for tourists--way overpriced and nothing special about it, except maybe for the thatched roof outside. It is in an upscale suburb of Galway and believe me, it has the prices to match. There isn't anything on their menu that is particularly outstanding, and the prices are totally inflated. My partner ordered a Plaice (fish) dish and the only side that came with it was chips! No veg, no nothing--especially for the price, we couldn't believe it! My chicken wrap was perhaps the most redeeming part of the meal, as it was a good size for the price I paid. Don't expect to get a big failte (welcome) when you walk in the door--the waitstaff is totally unfriendly. I tried asking some questions about the pub, such as whether or not Julia Roberts had visited but it was clear the bartender was annoyed by my questions and I guess since we aren't "locals" to Clarinbridge, he made no extra efforts to make us feel welcome. That will be the last time we come to Paddy Burkes. I would further recommend that you take your time and money to another pub where you will be more welcome and appreciated.

5  Thank greyhoundymom
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Our family of 6 went out to Paddy Burkes on Thursday evening. Yet again we weren't disappointed by the fare or service . The chowder is still to die for ! Kiddy pizzas at €5 were very tasty and representing good value. Mains of sizzling prawns and house curry were excellent. Staff were attentive, polite and did all that they could to make our latest trip to Clarinbridge memorable.

Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I stopped recently on the way back from cork , was pleasantly surprised the food was unreal. I had chicken curry and my partner had fish and chips both we're of a high. Standard , service was excellent , I would highly recommend a visit here it's very quaint and welcoming , has a very extensive menu so much to choose from.

1  Thank Miriam210