“Excellent”
Review of Karaun House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Clarinbridge
Karaun House
Ranked #1 of 4 Clarinbridge B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Teresa was friendly and helpful. It was such a relief to have someone who understands what having celiacs means, and who can provide a safe and delicious breakfast. The rooms were spotless, and comfortable. The sign marking the turn off the main road was easy to spot, as was the house sign. Would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Mary S

Reviewed May 24, 2012

very friendly host,Teresa gave us a warm welcome,told us the places not to miss,good breakfast
and a good location,well signposted from the main road.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank lynx89
Reviewed February 10, 2012

About 1 1/2 years passed by since my boyfriend and I have visited Karaun House but unfortunately I did not manage it to write a review so far. But anyways, our stay was almost perfect!!! I'm suffering from Celiac Disease and on top of that I am allergic to Cow milk and eggs as well (next so some other things) so it is usually difficult to find a place to stay and eat. Here it was no problem at all. We were send to a nice restaurant near by for dinner and the breakfast in the morning was really really good. I had no problems at all and large choice of food including self-backed bread, muffins, cerials, sausages, hashbrowns and so on. It was delicious and we enjoyed the warm atmosphere. We would always come back!
(it was in Juli 2010)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jenny-Gei
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Our 1st stay was so perfect we made sure we visited again with Teresa and Denny O'Dea on our way back to Shannon Airport !! My daughter and I arrived about 9PM (pretty late) our first night and were greeted as graciously as ever by Denny. Teresa showed us to our room which was comfy and warm. While resting and chatting with Teresa in the beautiful and immaculate living room she learned of my not working cell phone. With Denny to the rescue my phone was ready to go in the AM. : ) I could go on and on about our stay but it all equals awesome.... food, caring, cleanliness,comfort. This was the BEST B&B we stayed in during our stay in Ireland. ... just like home.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Mary H
Reviewed October 28, 2011

What a wonderful experience! Teresa and Denny couldn't have been better hosts. We stayed for two nights at the end of out 17 day Ireland excursion. We stayed the extra night not only because it was so comfortable but also because it was only an hour away from Shannon Airport! The referrrals for restaurants were spot on and it was a perfect location for day trips to the Cliffs of Mohr, The Burren and Galway. The bedrooms were comfortable and homey. We can't say enough about the breakfasts! There were six of us and our requests were varied and fixed just the way we wanted. Teresa'a Homemade Irish Soda Bread was the best we'd had in Ireland. She even shared her secret recipe with me so I could have a taste of Ireland any time I wanted. I haven't tried it yet but I can only hope it is as good as hers!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Jean A
Reviewed October 26, 2011

We stayed one night there, enjoyed the big room, beds were comfortable. Breakfast was wonderful. Theresa is a very pleasant woman, she recommeded places for us to go and her husband was even nice enough to drive us into town, don't find that everywhere. I would recommend this place and I'm sure if we are ever near Clarinbridge again this would be the first place we would think of.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Emily R
Reviewed October 23, 2011

Found a gem of a Gluten-Free B&B! During a recent month-long visit to the West of Ireland, we happened on Karaun House in Clarinbridge. As two coeliacs, always seeking a 'safe' GF accommodation, we had the very good fortune to book in with Teresa O'Dea (she herself is coeliac) in her inviting, spotless, comfortable home. Wound up staying four nights... Our spacious double room could not have been more pleasing, and a delicious, bountiful, home-baked GF breakfast awaited us each morning in her charming dining room. Teresa and Denny's warmth and kindnesses will appeal to all travellers, as they cater to all needs. This is a definite find on the bed-and-breakfast trail. Get thee to Karaun House in Clarinbridge!
Mel and Jo