“Perfect spot”
Review of Hotel Inis Oirr

Hotel Inis Oirr
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Inisheer
Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel, lovely rooms huge bathroom, nice brekkie blt. Only problem was the heat was on but the girl turned it off when I asked. Food in bar was average, don't chance the chicken stir fry.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Rachchic
There are newer reviews for Hotel Inis Oirr

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed at the Inis Oirr Hotel for three nights this week and found the place really homely, the staff friendly and very helpful. My room was clean, warm and quiet and the bed was comfy. Lovely breakfast in an nicely decorated dining room with a lovely view. Had my evening meal in the pub every evening, food was excellent, couldn't ask for nicer. They have WiFi in the bar and snug area. The girl at reception stored my baggage and laptop safely till I was flying out that evening.. So thanks to everyone for making my stay such a pleasant one, My first visit to the island and I thought it was a little piece of heaven. Will be back later in the year please God.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Norah2010
Reviewed June 21, 2012

We didn't stay at the hotel, but we did take shelter in the pub downstairs during the rain. Nice atmosphere in there, really relaxed. The service was good, and it was perfectly common to hear some Irish being spoken.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 5, 2012

Stayed in the Inis Oirr hotel on Sunday night of June bank holiday weekend, place very busy as should be expected. Staff are very friendly and food and drink are served very promptly, so no issues there. Went for a walk around island and decided to get ready before heading out for the night. One big problem, no hot water for shower or hand basin. Went to enquire and told that immersion was on but that the water was being used as fast as it was heated. Dont think this is good enough for a hotel in modern times, hot water is an absolute must. Water was warm the following morning, not hot by any means. So word of warning for anyone staying, if you want a shower make sure you have it early before all the hot water is used up. Average rating due to this. This property is on the smallest Aran Island, Inis Oirr or also called Inisheer.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KISSANEPAT
Reviewed April 6, 2012

This hotel is dated (but then this is a remote island so every thing is a bit dated) but had a nice clean room with comfy bed, friendly staff and a good breakfast. No complaints really. Will be back on Inis Oirr next September an will probably stay here again.

Room Tip: There is a noisy, busy bar in the hotel so you might want to ask for a room out the back if you dont...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank 11sunny11
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed here for two nights in August. Rooms were really affordable and nicely decorated, clean and spacious.

The keys are a bit of a nightmare, took ages to open so maybe update the key system. Rooms were quite cold on the first night, couldn't operate the radiators so lucky I had my husband to get some heat off, I'd say it was a different story for someone in a single bed.

Some of the group we stayed with had problems in that there was no hot water for showers for the entire weekend so they knocked a certain amount off the bill. Upstairs however we had no problems with water as we had electric showers upstairs.

Breakfast was fantastic! Buffet and full Irish, very tasty and Italian chef was nice and friendly. Housekeeping staff were lovely too.

Reception was a bit hit and miss, maybe laid back?

Bar is nice on a Friday night, it's a bit mad on Saturday nights when it turns into the Island's disco. We could hear a small amount of noise from this and also from smokers coming out into the hotel entrance and talking and slamming doors.

Would definitely stay here again, you couldn't beat the price!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with electric shower.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jo-Me
Reviewed August 31, 2011

We stayed here on 25th and 26th of August 2011. While we were expecting a basic hotel, we weren't disappointed. However, it's on the smallest of the Aran Islands, so some credit needs to be given for that. I appreciate that any supplies etc. would need to be brought over from the mainland, but can I suggest a couple of things that would really make a difference to staying here?

More sound insulation in the bedrooms, it really was annoying that every door opening or closing could be heard as clear as day.........

To follow on from that, maybe a swipe card system for the bedrooms so you don't have a much noise from people entering and leaving the room.

Our shower tray was filling up with water when we had a shower, that's easily fixed. Also the shower head could be replaced (room 10).

The bar was good, the pints were good too. I can't fault the staff, they were very easy going, and the barman asked me did I want another pint before they finished up, which I like. I can't stand a pub that just stops serving.

The breakfast was lovely, and served by a very pleasant Eastern European girl.

One of the biggest problems I had throughout my stay was this, which is no fault of the hotel.......I would like to thank the residents of two rooms up the corridor who had a gang of children, and they had both doors open all the time. So as a result, like clockwork, at 7.30am in the morning these kids would begin using the corridor as a playground, while the parents showed NO respect to the other guests. Remember the morning someone shouted to keep the noise down? That was me. Oh, and I wasn't the only person who was annoyed.

So while I would go back to Inisheer again, I think next time I would go to a B+B, not because of any major problems, but just a couple of little ones that could be easily fixed. And less noise hopefully......

Room Tip: Ask for the quietest one........
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank IRLKK
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inisheer
Aran Islands Hotel
#8 of 20 in Inishmore
Aran Camping Glamping
Aran Camping Glamping
#1 of 4 in Inishmore

Been to Hotel Inis Oirr? Share your experiences!