Aran Islands Hotel
Agoda.com
$83
$81
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe hotel staffaran islandslovely hotelinis morthe pubboth nightsgreat weekendhen partyfrom start to finishnext morningfamily roomcooked breakfastcouldn't do enoughfew minutes walkfull irishyogurtbeautiful island
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Can't understand the negative reviews about staff. My daughters and I were there one night. Nice room. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Couldn't have been nicer. The food in the bar was very good. The chowder was wonderful. We are from Louisiana and know a thing or two about food and hospitality and this hotel did very well in both categories. Can't wait to get back.

• Stayed: May 2010
Reviewed June 23, 2010

Approx 18 of us arrived to celebrate my friends Hen weekend. Aran islands is such a beautiful location. However Aran Islands Hotel is a shameful example of Irish Hospitality. Staff were not friendly, not approachable and did not smile. Firstly, when we arrived off ferry there was no sign of Hotel courtesy bus, which we had requested, to help 18 of us plus many bags. We had to walk, dragging suitcases. Manager, Keith, did not greet us throughout our stay even though we spent alot of money in the hotel. At one stage he was too busy making a phone call to answer our query and another time told us we could not go to residents bar because we had taken our business to another pub down town for couple hours! We did have a lovely meal in restaraunt and barman(tall blond guy) was helpful creating fun atmosphere. We enjoyed short time in bar listening to music until plug was pulled abruptly mid song. Apparently Guards were about which we learnt later but no expanation was given at to us at time. No communication, total lack of basic customer service skills. Very Gruff. When we checked out following day, we asked Keith for courtesy bus. He told us that they did not have a bus even though it was parked right outside! He was sitting on a picnic bench right beside it! He then said he had no driver! Could he not have driven the bus the 5 min journey to Dock himself? And thus provide a good service to group of 18 people who had just spent alot of money in his hotel? A group who also have alot of friends... He proceeded to drive past us in his BMW X5 as we lugged our bags down the road the our ferry. What customer srevice! What Irish Hospitality! How friendly! How welcoming! How we wont be back......!!

• Stayed: June 2010
4  Thank Cailin55
AranHotel, Sales and Marketing Manager at Aran Islands Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2010

My apologies for your stay with us..but thank you for your custom. I understand how annoyed you and the girls must of been regarding the shuttle bus. We do have one, but we dont have anyone insured to drive this - with passengers. Saying that, Im sure we could of organised someone on the Island to pick / drop off. I have taken all your comments on board, and this will for definte, not be happening future guests. Again, my sincere apologies for your lack of hospitality and courtesy.

Reviewed June 18, 2010

I was recently a three night guest at the Aran Island Hotel….as I always do I left their telephone number with relatives to contact me in the case of emergency, since international cell phone service can be intermittent in Ireland…as it happened an emergency arose, and my daughter immediately telephoned the hotel…she reached a woman (the manager presumably?) who informed her she could not deliver the message immediately, since the hotel phone was being forwarded to her residence, but that she would get it to me as soon as possible…despite my daughter calling again the following day I never received any message until I was back on the mainland 2 days later…there can simply be no reasonable excuse for this…to begin with the “hotel” has staff present 24 hours a day….surely the manager(?) could have telephoned them to deliver the urgent message…also, Inis Mor is a small island, and it’s less than 10 minutes drive to anywhere…it’s inconceivable that over the course of 2 full days it wasn’t possible to get a message to me…we encountered staff multiple times, but were never told anything…

I’m certain that any ‘B&B’ owner would have considered it a priority to get this urgent message to me…this negligence and inconsideration by the hotel staff has resulted in emotional and financial hardship for me…I could overlook the myriad of small complaints I had with the quality of the facility, but not such an important failing …

Inis Mor has many lodging options….stay away from this one, which touts itself as a hotel, but provides less service to its guests than any hostel…

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
9  Thank RossMom
Reviewed June 16, 2010

The staff - First of all we met the receptionist outside smoking when we arrived.. Not a good first impression. Throughout the stay she seemed to spend most of her time there accompanied by the second receptionist working there while we stayed. On our first night stay, the night porter was asked if the residents bar was open just to finish off an otherwise great night and the reply was less than professional "why to you think you need one, it might be open, it might not it depends who asks" I think this reply was totally uncalled for and unacceptable.
The next day we enquired on bicycle hire which the hotel states they are happy to arrange and were told to go down the town, far from the helpful reception I read in another review.
On check out the girl on reception was very short and sharp and didnt so much as ask if we enjoyed our stay. Again a bit of hospitality goes a long way. There was one girl working in the bar for breakfast who barely spoke or smiled and both mornings we had to follow her to ask for breakfast rather than being served like the customers that we were.
The room and hotel - I have to say the rooms of this hotel are nice, they were spacious and clean but some of the towels were stained so could do with updating. The hotel itself is in good shape, nicely decorated inside. If I was the owner of the hotel I would move the flag poles to the side though as they take away from the beautiful view of the harbour.
We enquired about the hotel with some of the locals and it would appear that there is some trouble with the manager and owners of the hotel, maybe this is the reason for the poor staff attitude but having worked in the hospitality trade myself I was more annoyed than disappointed with the service. A course in how to smile and be friendly wouldnt go a miss here.... As an Irish person I believe it lets us all down, everyone else on the island were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
7  Thank dkt2010
Reviewed June 13, 2010

Stayed here for one night of my hen! The hotel couldnt have been anymore obliging!! Bar was lovely, food was good, price was reasonable, breakfast was good(of what i could eat anyway)!! View from the hotel was lovely!!! I will definatelt be back!!

• Stayed: June 2010