“Nice hotel”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Inishmore
nj
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed September 29, 2008

This is a nice hotel with clean, large rooms. The more expensive rooms overlook the water, but the so-called "balcony" is actually a roof top, not private, with no seating. Also, these rooms are over the bar and the late night music might keep you awake.

The hotel was more than generous and gracious in fixing several problems with our booking.

The staff was friendly and helpful. The restaurant and bar have fine food, and you can walk to the harbor in 10 minutes.

The Aran Islands are quite beautiful and worth seeing. Book an island tour to see the main sites. You can also take some nice walks from the hotel

• Stayed September 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
limerick
Reviewed September 27, 2008

Stayed in The aran islands hotel on Inishmore for the 3rd year in a row. Found it excellent as usual. Pity the weather did'nt do me any favours.

• Liked — clean
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple
Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 6, 2008

We stayed at this hotel two nights in May 2008. This hotel is very over priced for what you get and I would highly advise staying at a guest house or B&B on the island instead.

The hotel is very poorly lit, yes the hallways are very dark. Our room had a door that took a good bit of strength to open, the bathroom door did not properly close and there was a leaky tap in the bathroom. Do not pay extra for a balcony room. These rooms just have a door that opens onto a flat roof over the bar. It comprises of concrete slabs that are unset and have many cigarette buts lodged between them.

The food at this hotel is quite poor. Firstly if you are a visitor looking for an Irish breakfast please don't take their breakfast as what an Irish breakfast should be. The food at the bad is okay, not bad but for the price it is not great. There is a little restaurant in the main town that provides very high quality food for a low price. In the bar there are two staff members with quite poor English (they don't speak Irish either) and they are not good at dealing with large crowds (over five people).

This hotel has the potential to be a lot better however unless there are a lot of changes there is no way I would return.

The island on the other hand is very beautiful and a great place to visit in Ireland.

• Liked — That our time there came to an end.
  • Disliked — Rooms, food, staff.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MunsterCouple
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed April 28, 2008

My husband and I stayed here a few nights during our honeymoon. We enjoyed our stay but felt that for what we paid, it did not completely deliver. The room was OK but there were a number of things wrong in it (the door that wouldn't close because it wasn't hung right, the tap that leaked hot water constantly, the light switch that did not work). We would have expected these sorts of things to be fixed before the room was given to someone.

Another complaint was with the balcony. My husband asked if the balcony was private and was told that it was. We paid extra to have a balcony but discovered that it was a large communal space that could be accessed by anyone on that floor. I did not like the idea of anyone going past my door and peeking in. We might have saved our money had we been given the proper information.

All that said, the folks at the hotel were very nice and we enjoyed the pub and restaurant. We just feel that things could have been a bit more "together."

• Liked — Friendly staff, good location
  • Disliked — too many fixes needed to be made on the room
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Social_worker_nola
Rathmines
Reviewed March 27, 2008

I have never felt as relaxed or as satisfied after a weekend break in my life. The Aran Islands Hotel is somewhere I will most definitely be returning to. Since I first made contact with the hotel to make my initial enquiry the warmth of the staff was very much evident. Myself and my wife were amazed by the size of our family room, which slept the five of us so well, with fantastic bay views, where we watched the ferry's come and go. The hotel's decor was classic, inkeeping with the traditional environment with stone walls throughout the ground floor, with an open fire in the bar and fantastic artwork which is a must see in the dining room.
The food in this hotel is top class, I noticed a recommendation from the Georgina Campbell guide on the wall and I believe a recommendation from the Michelin guide 2008 was granted also, something that does not surprise me at all. The bar food is also served there all day, which I felt was above average.
There was a great atmosphere throughout the place during our stay. Customers all seemed relaxed (while they played music and sang songs during the day and night in reception), the Aran Islands will have that effect on you. Also the bar had great music on all three nights of our stay.
What most impressed me was the staff. It is a family run business, and I have never seen workers so happy to be working, each and every one would bend over backwards for their customers, offering lifts even though they don't do a taxi service, that was just one of the many things they offered.
I would highly recommend this hotel, to any type of clientele, and I honestly cannot wait to leave the manic busy Dublin city and return for another trip.

• Liked — Friendliness of staff / food
  • Disliked — Couldn't stay longer!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank tadhgmuldoon
New York, NY
Reviewed February 23, 2008

This was such a delightful place to stay, and we'll continue coming back for years to come. We married on the Aran Islands, and this hotel hosted us and our guests. Not only were the staff INCREDIBLY attentive and hospitable, but they went over and above what was expected to truly take care of us and our guests. The rooms were clean and spacious. The view of the sea from the top floor was AWESOME, and the balcony from these rooms was so much fun. You won't find this type of hospitality in any other hotel. The pub is equally amazing. There is live, impromptu music every night that brings great vocalists and musicians locally and afar. This isn't just Ireland, it's Gaelic culture. So awesome!!!

• Liked — magical island with so much culture and history and GREAT people
  • Stayed August 2007
1 Thank valarieh
Dublin
Reviewed November 26, 2007

We spent 3 nights in this fabulous hotel. We enjoyed every minute of it. The hotel was cosy and warm with an equally warm atmosphere. The staff were efficient and professional. We spent the time going for lovely walks, sightseeing and listening to traditional live music. The food was incredible. It was tasty and there was a great variety. I will definitly be returning here. I would highly recommend this hotel. It is a little piece of heaven!!

• Liked — It was warm and cosy. The decor was so apt. I simply loved it
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Anne3dublin
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inishmore
Hotel Inis Oirr
#2 of 4 in Inishmore
Clai Ban
Clai Ban
#10 of 19 in Inishmore

Been to Aran Islands Hotel? Share your experiences!