Aran Islands Hotel
$83
$81
Priceline
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe hotel staffaran islandslovely hotelinis morthe pubboth nightsgreat weekendhen partyfrom start to finishnext morningfamily roomcooked breakfastcouldn't do enoughfew minutes walkfull irishyogurtbeautiful island
Reviewed April 30, 2012

The staff at his hotel were very friendly and accommodating. We left our bags early in the day as we had an early flight, and checked in later in the afternoon after exploring the island. The room was quite spacious, and the bed fairly comfortable. However, there was only a couple of sachets of shower gel, no actual soap provided, so make sure you take your own.

Dinner was a simple affair, but tasty – we had a Cajun salmon (a welcome bit of spice) and a goat’s cheese salad. Quite pleasant, and the wine was palatable, too. After the meal we moved into the foyer area to get more reliable wifi reception, which was pleasant as we could still hear the live music and get some work done, too.

We were quite tired after a busy week and headed off to bed early (about 10:30pm). The other guests partied on for quite some time in the bar area, but luckily, we had a room at the end of a corridor, so we weren’t disturbed by either the music or the guests returning to their rooms.

The main problem we had with the hotel was a lack of hot water for showering. Other reviewers have mentioned 'luke-warm' water, but it really only felt luke-warm if using it in the sink, NOT the shower! I know that the place was only 3 star, but surely that should include hot water?

There were some issues with breakfast as well. If you are expecting a hot breakfast, that is not available until after 9am (and we had to leave for our flight at that time, so we couldn't partake of this). Another slight was offering a jug of cordial for breakfast, not juice.

For the price this is still a reasonable option on Inishmore, and the staff really are lovely. Just be aware of some of the things that may cause dissatisfaction.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Didnt get to stay here as they could only offer us one night of our two night stay, we were very glad we booked into a B & B (Seacrest) instead. The hotel is further out from the village than stated which is not a problem during the day but a bit of a walk at night. We ate here one night of our stay, the food was average, service very slow.

The evening entertainment on the Saturday night was very good, three young islanders, who played, sang and danced, The Mulkerrin Brothers, they did make up for the restaurant experience above.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I can see how this hotel gets such a broad range of reviews. I stayed here for one night as part of a week-long cycle trip around Connemara. I arrived on the ferry around 7:30 PM, soaking wet after a long cycling day from Roundstone in a storm. The manager met me at the pier and drove my stuff to the hotel while I cycled behind. Easy checkin, and the room was spacious and modern after several days of B&B's. Big beds, sliding glass doors to a rooftop, big bathroom, TV, etc, etc.... but it all looked a little frayed around the edges. Water in the shower got only lukewarm, even though the hotel was nearly empty. The bartender was a friendly local girl who also served me dinner. Great chowder, the fish was so-so. Breakfast was a big letdown. Not only do they not serve till 9:00AM, but it seemed to me like the waitresses had never done it before. I was one of only three tables, but they managed to get the orders wrong at two. The eggs were cold, the ham mostly fat, and no butter or jam for toast.
Still, the managers were very friendly and helpful, and offered to take my stuff back to the ferry whenever it was convenient for me. I was not unhappy with the place, but I would have been happier in another B&B.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank bowsermania
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This is a great little hotel. The staff are so friendly and great with kids. Service speedy and efficient. We had a great Irish breakfast here each morning looking out the window with the fantastic view over Galway bay. If I could I would give this hotel a star rating higher than five. The hotel and rooms are spotless. We've stayed in hotels all over the world and are usally hard to please. This is a hotel on an island, so think about the extra effort involved in providing an excellent service. Can't understand how others gave low ratings, but you can't please some people I suppose.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank PMBOK
Reviewed March 27, 2012

100 Euros for twin room, no evening meal available, or hot shower.. But Inis Mor Island is a fabulous place. Rent bikes & cycle the island.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends