“Great spot for after the climb up to Dun Aengus”
Review of Teach Nan Phaidi

Teach Nan Phaidi
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Inishmore
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Although a limited menu, the selections we tried were very tasty. Fresh local produce and tempting desserts. Pricing was reasonable.

3  Thank tomfitz46

Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

This cafe is special! Like none other! The cakes, the sandwiches,soup(with delicious gluten free bread!) the coffee, I am salivating at the thoughts of having eaten there! I am gluten intolerant and the cakes and crumbles I had there were nicer than any I've ever eaten! And they were gluten free. They made a rhubarb crumble especially for me one day. I couldn't believe they did that nor could I believe how delicious it was! With a good, proper coffee I really was in heaven! The staff are amazing and so friendly. This cafe is a must see, must eat, must experience, if you are visiting the island!!

4  Thank Fidge1111
Reviewed July 27, 2014

My friends and I went here after walking from the fort. I ordered the tomato soup and I have to say, it was the BEST tomato soup I have ever had!! It had a slight curry flavor. The service was excellent and the drinks were cold. It is very cozy inside this cafe with a beautiful old fireplace that was definitely needed on this cold day. This cafe is right across from some attractions. It is too bad I live so far away because this island is a beautiful place to visit.

2  Thank Trixie1031
Reviewed July 20, 2014

We were told by our guide that this is the best restaurant on Inishmore but I would not be surprised if this were one of the best places in Ireland. There was a power outage the day we wandered in so the menu was very limited. I ordered the home-cured ham and salad and was completely blown away by the food. The coleslaw was probably the best I've ever had and the salad was superb. The ham was juicy and not too salty or over-cured. The service was very friendly and helpful, even though the staff probably was stressed due to the power outage. We shared several pieces of cake and they were all excellent.

1  Thank Alaskatravel1234
Reviewed July 19, 2014

We cycled here in the rain on our way from Kilronan to Dun Angus, it's just before the bike park. The outside is like a traditional cottage and the inside is bright and cheerful. The food was outstanding, we had tomato soup with home made brown bread followed by melt in the mouth scones and excellent coffee. All the home baking looked gorgeous and I wish I had been hungry enough to try one of the bigger dishes. Don't cycle past and miss this treat. I should also mention the extremely friendly owner whose sister does the baking.

1  Thank NorthWestLulu