“Ideal lunch stop”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

We visited here on consecutive days out of season and had some good banter with the hostess who now knows about Devon Clotted Cream. Though absent from her menu, her scones are excellent, as are the carrot cake and chocolate / Guinness cake and soups - and no doubt everything else too. In season it is probably very, very busy, and justifiably so.

2  Thank downingman

Reviewed October 7, 2013

Perfect spot to stop for lunch - location is great and the food is excellent. Great atmosphere and certainly not expensive. Try the Irish stew - Awesome, though a lot!

1  Thank mdbasile
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We had lunch here on Sunday Sept 8th 2013

We were on an island tour and determined to eat here after all the great reviews I had read.

The food was fab, I had a huge bowl of homemade tomato soup served with the most delicious soda bread I have every eaten....and I've eaten a lot of the years and even made it myself.
It was very dark, crumbly and light as a feather.
My husband and ma-in-law had the home baked ham & my pa-in-law had two homemade scones & jam and we had all had tea.
No-one else wanted dessert as they were so full, but I felt honour bound to try the Chocolate Guinness cake which was melt in the mouth gorgeous....and every bit as sensational as others have said.
Don't miss it on your Dun Aengus tour.

1  Thank HippyChick55
Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

A wet and windy day turned out to be sunny, just perfect for sightseeing on this beautiful island. The welcoming and homey atmosphere of this place was only enhanced by the good homemade food. A bit pricey but, so tasty. I had the soup and my husband had the beef stew. Lots of home baked sweets that looked good but we resisted.

1  Thank needles4ewe
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Cosy, and quaint, but very clean. The staff was courteous and efficient and even brought some toys for the toddler. The soup and stew were both delicious and hearty, the desserts were delightful. But my favorite part was the hearty brown bread - dark, coarse-grained, and moist - different from the bread we found elsewhere in the Galway area. This was a perfect place to recharge after the hike to Dun Aengus.

1  Thank Michael S