“Really hits the spot after the hike to Dun Aengus”
Review of Teach Nan Phaidi

Teach Nan Phaidi
Ranked #1 of 8 Restaurants in Inishmore
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Hike up to Dun Aengus and at the bottom stop for lunch at Teach Nan Phaidi. Their soup and brown bread was delicious. I only regret not partaking of some of their mouthwatering baked goods.

3  Thank rmcitykitty

Reviewed June 5, 2013

The food here is so good, you must stop here for a treat on your trip to this island! It is really homemade! Yu think, on an a island, how good could it be...Wow. The lasagna was absolutely superb, in a home style sort of way. If your guide suggests this, take their advice. Yu will be glad you did.

3  Thank James R
Reviewed May 19, 2013

Our tour guide recommended this cafe during our tour. When he claimed everything was homemade, I was skeptical. Frankly, I assumed he probably got a fee for the referrals. So, when we stopped there after visiting Dun Aengus, I ordered a boring ham and cheese sandwich, while my husband opted for beef and Guiness stew. I have never been so out-ordered in my life. Don't get me wrong, the sandwich was fine, but the stew (served with a huge dollop of mashed potatoes right in the middle) was amazing. We also ordered dessert (orange cake and apple pie) and both were delicious. Splurge for the homemade cream. Service was friendly and efficient. So if you find yourself on Inishmore, order a classic Irish dish and enjoy!

3  Thank TJBSt_Louis_Missouri
Reviewed April 21, 2013

we had a tour with Michael Faherty and he suggested us this place. The food was really amazing and the woman who served us was lovely! :)
we suggest everyone to take a soup and all the home-made cakes! (particularly the chocolate and guinness cake and tomatoes soup)

1  Thank CHIARA M
Reviewed April 14, 2013

After a walk up to Dun Aengus our cart and pony driver Thomas recommended this lovely place for lunch. My friends and I were chilled and wind blown and ready for something warm. Boy did we get it! A beautiful fireplace and wonderful food! The soups, stews and augraten potatoes(we each ordered something different and had a bite) were amazing! The toffee bar I had for desert was absolutely sinful and I bought several to snack on. What a sweet suprise this place was!