“Clean and comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 19 Inishmore B&B and Inns
Alice Springs, Northern Territory, Australia
“Clean and comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed with a walking group and found the accommodation clean and comfortable. The Inn is at least 3 miles from the harbour so be prepared to pay for transport if needed. Clodagh did pick us up from the ferry when we arrived and dropped us back three days later when we left. Otherwise we organised our own lifts when needed or walked. The rooms on the ground floor have a beautiful view and the dining and sitting rooms are spacious. My eggs were cooked perfectly every morning and the service was prompt. The distance to and from the harbour, shops and restaurants is the only downfall of this Inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Leslie T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Preston, Lancashire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

We booked in to the Aran Isle Hotel for Ted Fest...which went into receivership 2 days before we flew out. I emailed Clodagh with an SOS and she'd had a last minute cancellation and took us in. Got there and we were made to feel like part of the family immediately. Clodagh, possibly the nicest woman I've ever met, looked after us so well, even to the point of putting on breakfast early for us because we were on the early ferry home. We loved her and her B&B. We'll be back to explore the Island in the summer and we will certainly be staying here for that trip. You know when you meet someone for the first time and you want that person to be your best friend....? That's Clodagh.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Sorsola
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

I stayed here with a group a few months ago -- and like the above review, simply could not understand the nasty attitude of the hostess. I asked to talk to her about a couple of food allergies I have. She replied she was sick of Americans and their food allergies, and I would eat what was put before me. Charming. I paid in advance to rent a bike, upon my return half an hour late, there was no one around, so I secured the bike with the others. 20 minutes later she came shrieking into my room, awakening me from a nap and demanded a penalty payment for bringing it back late. Luckily, the tour operator did intervene at this point, luckily, or I'd still be moldering away in the town jail--no way I was gonna pay a penalty above the extra half hour. An interesting footnote: on the morning we left, she was nowhere to be found. Clearly, she knows better than to face her customers at check-out. I don't understand why this joint is still open.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank travelinlight94114
Galway, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

hello. my parents and i booked a night at ard einne. i was told it was 1.5 km from the port at kilronan so was hopeful my elderly parents would enjoy the accommodation. we arrived to the band b but it was some trek, one my parents weren't able for. so Clodagh, warn your guests that your premises are miles from harbour and difficult for elderly people to access . that arrival was really off putting and i will never stay there. Clodagh withdrew the money from my bank despite me ringing to advise her we wouldn't and couldn't stay the night. Lorraine at the bord Failte office was very friendly and helpful. We had been informed there were no rooms vacant at ardeinne and this would mean i would have to be charged the night. i am disgusted at the sheer deceit and meanness on Clodagh behalf. she could have had the decency to not charge us and forget it but obviously not. the location is rubbish, steep and hilly climb, at least 3 km from harbour and owned by a sour very impolite woman DO NOT BOOK OR MOST LIKELY YOU WILL NEED TAXI TO ARRIVE and thence not have the freedom of this wonderfilled fabulous island. some people are plain greedy and dont understand money is what we´ve created it to be....our lifeblood. i shall be refunded..................................i hope cant afford much other than to take my parents away for one night and have it ruined by a moneythirsty wretch......

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank nessa216
Boone, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2012

Ard Einne offers lovely views of the Kileanny Harbour and beaches along Galway Bay, but also neat, comfortable rooms and a friendly, helpful proprietor, Clodagh. It is two miles from Kilronan and the ferry landing, but taxis are available and not expensive. Clodagh's husband has landscaped the grounds handsomely. The hot shower water comes on quickly. The breakfasts are typical full Irish and continental and quite good. There is an easy walk to St. Gregory's Sound and the Glasson Rocks with rabbits galore and a variety of wild flowers growing in the rocks and hillside. While the house is not close to the pub and music scene (except in season when Tig Fitz is open), it's a lovely place to relax and enjoy the Arans' scenery and hospitality.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank USMC_walker
Carlow
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2012

It is quite a long way away from ferry port so we hired bikes even though we had suitcases and trying to get up the hill into ard einne is tiring. As we were 2 girls staying there we were quite afraid having to cycle all the way back there in the dark. the hostess was lovely!! My biggest complaint about it was the walls... You could hair every little noise the other guests were making which was particularly bad as when you turned the light in the bathroom on it made a noise... Breakfast was nice average enough but there was a good choice of food.. It was quite exspensive considering how far out it is.. ;)

Room Tip: Ask which part of the b@b is quieter and ask for a room there..