“Great spot!”

Ranked #3 of 19 Inishmore B&B and Inns
Halifax, Canada
“Great spot!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Highly recommend this spot - we walked over from the ferry dock - about 20 minutes - the hot coffee in the room was much appreciated on a rainy day.

Penny was great - I could go back and stay for a week!

I loved watching the cows right out of the bedroom window

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Hebrew first
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at Tigh Fitz. I had a room that looked out the back and watched the tide and ferries come and go to the island. My room was super clean. The bed was a bit worn, with a slight slump in the middle, but not enough to bother my sleeping.

Some things to know:
It is over a mile away from where the ferry lets you off. Make sure you plan ahead or grab a bike or taxi if you're not comfortable walking that distance with your bags.

There are few choices for dinner/snacks out by the B&B so pick up what you want while in town.

The keys are like old fashion skeleton keys and need to be inserted all the way into the key hole to lock/unlock the door. Not tricky, but it took me a few tries the first time as the key chain keep getting stuck and stopping me from getting a good grip on the key.

If WiFi is important, mention it ahead of time since it didn't reach my room on the second floor. I went down to the parlor to check schedules and email.

I would definitely go back, it's not super fancy but is comfortable with very friendly people. I felt completely safe traveling as a single lady.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Slipsa
Troy, New York
Reviewed August 8, 2013

The hostess, Penny Fitzpatrick, bent over backward to help us. My sister being in ill-health, she offered to pick up our bags at the pier and arranged our bus tour of the island. This greatly aided us in our enjoyment of Inis Mor. They returned us right to her door. We later took a cab (2 euro each) back into Kilronan fro dinner and drinks, and got one back at 11:30 pm. The room was impeccable and the view out our window spectacular. Perhaps the most memorable part for me was a fifteen minute walk, a left out the driveway and then a right about 100 yards up on a small dirt road, will bring you to a sign for Teampall Bhenain, or St. Benan's Temple. It's all uphill, a grassy then rocky path to a spectacular nearly untouched complex of 7th century ruins, including what is reputed to be the smallest church in Europe. Views are awesome. Breakfast was pretty typical. I would highly recommend Tigh Fitz to the Inis Mor traveler.

Room Tip: We had Room 330, wonderful ocean view. Also could see airplanes taking off from the airport. (No fli...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Batavia,NY
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We loved staying at Tigh Fitz! Penny was wonderful, breakfast was great- and the view was incredible! I slept like a baby hearing the ocean waves & waking up to the sun shining on the water, right outside our bedroom window. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Let me start with Penny was great. My friend and I arrived, Penny welcomed us, and got us checked in. The room was clean and had a nice bayside view. Penny helped us with a power issue caused by our faulty power strip and then gave us great directions to some local sights.Tigh Fitz is in a very quiet location about 1.6k (1 mile) from the ferry and about 1.4k from the center of the town. You can walk or get a taxi to the pubs or shops. The view along the walk is nice. We slept well that night with a nice ocean breeze.
Breakfast was great and served with a smile. When we were checking out, we spoke to Penny regarding our plan to hike around the island and asked if we could leave our bags with her. She said she would drop off our bags at bike shop near the ferry so we did not have to come back giving us more time to see things. I tried to pay her for such but she refused. She gave us some directions to other sites on the island and wished us well. When we came back to town, the bags were at the shop and the time we saved was enough to have a Guinness before we boarded the ferry. We toasted Penny and a great stay at the Tigh Fitz.
If you are looking to stay on the island in a nice and quiet place outside of town, I would highly recommend Tigh Fitz.Say hi to Penny.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Poznan, Poland
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I've just returned from a short stay on the Aran Islands. I stayed at Tigh Fitz and this was an excellent choice. If you wish to experience how the life of the islanders look like this is the right place. Penny- the owner- is islander herself and she will give you all details on interesting spots, restaurants, activities and shopping. Her B&B is in wonderful old Irish style which makes your stay on the island memorable.
Overall this is a charming place worth visiting more than once.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank NullnFull
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

A pleasant 1.5 mile stroll from the ferry takes you to Tigh Fitz. The welcome from Penny is warm and full of Celtic charm and humour. The rooms are fine. Very well maintained and spotless with good facilities. TV and tea/coffee in every room, excellent but bijou en-suite bathroom. There is also a communal TV lounge and comfortable dining room.

I would happily return here again and would recommend a stay here to anyone.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Revduncan
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inishmore
Aran Islands Hotel
#5 of 19 in Inishmore
Clai Ban
Clai Ban
#9 of 19 in Inishmore

Been to Tigh Fitz? Share your experiences!