“Shower trouble”

Ranked #3 of 19 Inishmore B&B and Inns
Limerick, Ireland
“Shower trouble”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I and my friend stayed here for one night recently, one night too many. After a great day cycling around the island we returned to the B&B to have a shower, After awhile the owner came to our door saying there was water flowing down from our room to her sitting room beneath. I went downstairs and sure enough her ceiling was dripping water, she was quite angry and argued with me in front of other guests. I apologised although I and my friend did nothing other than have a shower as usual. The following morning as we were checking out she became irate and asked us what we were going to do about her ceiling.She accused us of leaving the shower door open and letting water flow directly onto the floor. We told her it was clear she had a burst pipe as the floor in our room was not wet and we had not left the shower door open. She argued with us for 15 minutes again in front of the other guests. I have never been so embarrassed or witnessed such horrible customer service. This experience completely ruined our time on Inis mor.

Room Tip: Don't use the shower!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
14 Thank GaijinE

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Hebrew first
NY
Reviewed April 29, 2012

Penny was lovely, very helpful and accomodating. The Aran Islands are beautiful. Best of all, the bed and breakfast is about a mile from the port, off the beaten track. If you pass the donkey on the way there, she likes apples very much. We had a view of the water from our room. The room was cozy, comfortable, and inviting. Penny went out of her way to make certain we had everything we wanted for breakfast. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
tulsa
Reviewed March 8, 2012

No one does it better than Penny! She is welcoming and gracious- you not only feel like family, you feel like family that has been missed and welcomed home after a long time away! Our room and bath were wonderful, the hotel lounge was warm and inviting and the food- well no one cooks better- I even asked if she did cooking lessons! We walked up to the oldest church in Ireland and enjoyed the town .Our stay was everything we hoped for and left sadly that it was over and saving for the next visit!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank barbara l
Co. Kildare
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I stayed in Tigh Fitz during Tedfest 2012 and could not have asked for anything better! Not only were we looked after as Penny’s own, but it is also a beautiful short walk to the port! There was so much food on offer for breakfast we were spoiled for choice- and for those too "sick" to get out of bed Penny always made sure to send up something! Penny even sorted me out with an outfit for Tedfest. We will definitely be back again. Thank you Tigh Fitz

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Great place to stay. Penny Fitzpatrick is very welcoming and hospitable. We stayed with her during our honeymoon and had a lovely time. We could not have asked for a nicer stay, and hope to return someday soon!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Drogheda, Ireland
Reviewed October 31, 2011

As this was my first visit to the island, I did not know what to expect. My partner had been there many times, but his last visit was 18 years previously. We could only stay one night, friends who were joining us stayed for two nights. Tigh Fitz, is one of the nicest B&B's I have Ever stayed in, although it is a mile a way from the harbour, the walk from and to there is pleasant & easy, regardless of the weather. However, its a few minutes from the local airport if you fly over. In addition there are plenty of travel options, if you prefer not to walk. The landlady (who very kindly collected us from the harbour) & also remembered my partner, as did many other locals, from all those years back, was extremely friendly, genuine & sincere, along with her staff, two young girls who served up a fantastic full Irish Breakfast, in
the mornings. Our room had a fantastic view of the ocean, harbour & straw island lighthouse, it was spacious & spotless, not unlike a hotel room. Had tv, hairdryer, tea & coffee, & toiletries.
I would definitely recommend this place

Room Tip: As for room with view.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lorraine W
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed September 22, 2011

I stayed at Tigh Fitz for one night with 3 friends. The location is very good if you have bikes (we rented them), since it's about a 10 minute ride from the pier. The rooms were hotel-like, and clean and comfy. We had a nice view of the ocean (and a mobile home and some ancient ruins). The hostess was very friendly and offered to dry our clothes when we came back in the rain at midnight (and we accepted). The breakfast that was included with the room was an excellent full Irish breakfast (and there were some other options). The price wasn't a great bargain but was similar to other rates around town and I think we got our money's worth. Overall I had no complaints about Tigh Fitz and really enjoyed the stay.

One more thing, if you want to pay less for bikes, go for the place that is not right next to the pier.

Room Tip: Only some of the rooms face the ocean so you want one of those.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank capellsk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inishmore
Hotel Inis Oirr
#1 of 4 in Inishmore
Aran Camping Glamping
Aran Camping Glamping
#2 of 4 in Inishmore

Been to Tigh Fitz? Share your experiences!