“3 pleasant meals”

Dining options: Reservations
Bismarck, North Dakota
“3 pleasant meals”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Had lunch and dinner here. Both were very good. Staff was responsive and service was not too fast and not too slow. Had time to enjoy. Place was quiet without the usual television or loud music. Breakfast the next morning was basic but that is what we needed as we had to catch the boat back to the mainland. The staff and host though made sure that we got what we wanted and ensured us that we would have plenty of time. would go back.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank Glenn M

• Korean first
Indianapolis, Indiana
“fantastic mushroom soup”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We ate at Pier House mainly because it was the first one we saw when the ferry docked. The food and service were very good. I had the mushroom soup, which was the best soup I had during our 12 days in Ireland--and considering I ate 12 bowls of soup on that trip, that's saying a lot! I also had the onion rings, which I thought were a little bland, but my husband thought they were "average," so maybe I just like mine to have a bolder flavor. The restaurant faces the water, has a fireplace, and has a very cozy feel to it. I recommend it!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank ManUnitedFan16
Ontario, Canada
“wonderful experience”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Spent 2 nights on Inishmore and enjoyed a meal at the Pier House. It is in a perfect location overlooking the pier and the staff were so friendly with perfect service. My husband had the seafood linguine and raved about it for days. It had a generous amount of seafood in it . I am vegetarian and ordered the stuffed mushrooms......it came with several large mushroom caps with potatoes and a large serving of fresh steamed vegetables..very good.. Portions were extremely generous. We very much enjoyed our meals and could barely finish them....needless to say - no room for dessert. Maybe a bit higher prices that some pubs but well worth a bit of a splurge. Great evening.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank soozireland
travelling-angel01
“Great food, great location”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Just back from a day trip to Aran with two of my friends. I've been here before for a stay, and loved it, but could only do a day trip this time around. We got bikes the minute we got off the boat, and as we were starving, we headed up to the restaurant. It's really close to the pier, so was a great place to start off the trip and get ready for a day of cycling!
We sat inside the restaurant even though we could have sat outside but it was just too warm.
I had the mussels in white wine sauce, they were seriously yummy! My non-fishy friend had a chicken salad she was very happy with, and the other had the chowder with homemade brown bread, it looked great. I thought the service was very good, and the food was well presented. The only thing I wish we had done differently is gotten the food at the end of the day, we could have sat outside with a bottle of wine after the cycle!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank travelling-angel01
Hong Kong, China
“Extremely rude staff”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We were so happy to be in the Aran Islands on a great day and were looking for a late dinner. We walked inside and were ushered into the dining room and told to wait at a counter in a very odd position right by the doors swinging in and out of the kitchen. After an awkward wait of servers ignoring us, the hostess (I guess) abruptly barked, "do you have a reservation?!" to which we said no. "nope, nothing available for the rest of the night." There were seats outside and inside. Her tone was so angry, unfriendly and the scowl on her face topped it off. I was shocked at the attitude as we'd been perfectly friendly and this is a tiny island mostly catering to tourists, who I can't imagine all know to make reservations in advance!

Definitely do not recommend. We went next door to the American Bar where the service was friendly and the burger delicious!

Visited August 2013