“Great for Those traveling with Pets”

Americas Best Value Inn Lawrenceburg
Americas Best Value Inn Lawrenceburg
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Lawrenceburg
Muscle Shoals, Alabama
“Great for Those traveling with Pets”
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My husband and I hate leaving our small dog a lot. He's a great traveling companion. The inn was clean and the bathroom was remodeled. The breakfast wasn't half bad either. Waffle station was a plus! If you are looking to get away and see Amish country, then stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Gmoore730
abvimotel, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Lawrenceburg, responded to this review, April 10, 2014
Dear Gmoore730,

I am pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. We are a pet-friendly location and I am happy that we could accommodate you. We hope to see you again in the future!

Americas Best Value Inn-Lawrenceburg, TN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Louisville, Ohio
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My husband & I had reserved another hotel in Lawrenceburg,TN. initially. Oh my, it 'reaked' of a musty smell & you could hardly breathe. I had a splitting headache from just taking 2 steps inside of the "reserved one"!!
A really nice gentleman (I believe a busn. man) told us about this one. We had come in for the Southern Gospel weekend, the second part of our vacation.
I wanted to say a SPECIAL THANKS to a Pauline, that 'came to our rescue'. I know she could tell I was a nervous wreck from the 1st initial hotel we had reserved!!
We would DEFINITELY stay there again if ever back in your area!!! Would rate it ABOVE Comfort Inn's!
Betty---Louisville, OH. Our stay was July 25,26 & 27th,2013. Thanks again for 'rescuing' us!!

Room Tip: Didn't have time for the fitness center. Very close to a lot of stores within a couple blocks. H...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Betty M,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to write a review with us. It gives me great pride in knowing that Pauline took care of your needs! I will be sure and give her a special thanks for going above and beyond. We hope that you stay with us again or at another one of our Americas Best Value Inns located across the Country!

TN
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed here because it was the only place in town that had truck parking and vacancy. I wasn't too excited about it because these are usually run down, not so clean motels. This one was a nice exception. The room I was in had been recently remodeled and everything was clean and pretty up to date. There was nothing fancy and it's still a budget Motel, but I would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear parkerfly,

Thank you for sharing a traveler review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean and up to date rooms. Should you return to the Lawrenceburg area, we would love to have you as our guest!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 20, 2013

I JUST cancelled my second night at this hotel to move to one down the road because it was such a nightmare. I have never written a review of anywhere before, but this was so awful it warranted one.

When we arrived, it was 1am. They had no problem letting us check in late like that, which was nice, but it went downhill from there. We got to our room and quickly discovered the AC was unplugged. It was at least 80 degrees and humid INSIDE the room... not what you want after a long drive. It took until about 3am for the room to cool off sufficiently.

Almost immediately upon arrival, I went to take a shower. There was no indication that the bathroom had been cleaned prior to our arrival. The tub had dead spiders in it, the back of the door had brown stains on it, and there were two awfully thin and scratchy towels haphazardly thrown onto the towel rack. The bathmat-sized towel they gave us had the Holiday Inn logo embossed on it. I'm not sure why there was a Holiday Inn bath mat in use at this hotel, but it was a little humorous.. between this and the AC being unplugged, it's no wonder where the term "Best Value" comes from.

Fast forward to the next morning, I notice the lotion and shampoo bottles they gave us were only half full - logical conclusion is that they were used, which is absurd. In this world full of crazy people, that used "lotion" could have been any random chemical. I know that may seem paranoid, but it's absolutely insane not to put new ones in each room after a guest leaves. Those little bottles are cheap as dirt.

We were gone from the room for most of the next day. I returned around 4pm to find that the half-empty bottles had been replaced with new ones - too little too late there - and the internet not working in our room. Come to find out, they put us in a room that the internet doesn't work in. So, the front desk offered us another room where the internet DID work, to which I asked if it had been cleaned. She replied that it had, so I moved our stuff down there. She asked me to turn off the AC in the room I moved out of.. sooo cheap.

Now, we rented a non-smoking room and she supposedly transferred us to a non-smoking room.. or so she thought. It REEKED of cigarette smoke (and they had the AC off in here too, by the way, so there was nothing to circulate the smell out of it). I started to unpack, took off my shoes, and crunch.. I stepped on a dead bug. I scanned the rest of the carpet and there were at least 6 more dead bugs on the ground that were nicely camouflaged by the dark carpet design. I went over to the phone to call the front desk to complain and had to kill 2 mosquitoes (one on the wall and one on the pillow). When the front desk didn't answer (there's only one person working; I get that), I walked over there to complain. She reacted with the appropriate amount of shock, then made excuses about the lights attracting bugs at night, and then sent the maid over to vacuum.

It seemed like that would be enough to make me feel okay to stay, at first. But then I saw a spider web in the corner of the ceiling, so naturally I kept feeling like a bug was crawling on me. Then I went to wash my face and as I wiped up the water I spilled on the counter, I saw at least two people's shaved beard hair on the washcloth - I know its at least two because there was red hair and a black hair. Now, I didn't wipe down some obscure, hard to reach corner of this counter top. I wiped down the middle front of it.. what you lean over to brush your teeth or wash your face.. It's obvious it hadn't been cleaned in a long time. Kudos to them on picking a granite pattern that hides lack of cleaning, though.

After this, there was no way I was staying, so I went over and talked to the night manager whose shift had just started. As soon as I said "She told me it was clean, then i stepped on a dead bug with my bare foot.." he said "OKAY. I'll give you your money back." Good thing, because I would've cancelled the transaction on my card anyway. For the rest of the time I was standing there, he didn't say a word. Then as we left, I heard him mumble some curse words under his breath. My feelings exactly, man. I've NEVER had an experience this bad before.

We found a room at another hotel down the road that is clean, gives us NEW shampoo and lotion bottles (with safety seals on them), has a prompt and polite front desk staff and doesn't have dead bugs on the floor FOR LESS MONEY PER NIGHT.

Moral of the story: really, just pick another hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank a_h611
Dear a_h611,

On behalf of the staff and management, I would like to personally apologize for the issues you encountered with us in 2013. I am sorry it took so long to respond. The issues you have mentioned are not representative of our motel. We do our best to ensure that each of our guests have an enjoyable experience with us. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. I will be sure to address the housekeeping issues with our staff to ensure that this does not happen again in the future. We hope that you give us another opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights and was pleasantly surprised. The room that my wife and I stayed was very nice. The king size bed was very comfortable. The hot breakfast in the morning was a nice start to the day. I will definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
abvimotel, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Lawrenceburg, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear WoodstockQuality,

I appreciate the fact that you took the time to share a review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our king-sized beds and hot breakfast. We hope that you stay with us again in the future should you return to Fayetteville.

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2012

The room was a wonderful surprise. We had stayed there several years back and the place as a nightmare. This time it was the only room available in town and with heavy heart we booked it. We put the key in the door and WOW, what a surprise, the room was beautiful. The bedding was modern, the beds very comfortable, the sheets and pillow cases smelled so fresh and inviting. We will be back here for sure. The staff is not very friendly, but as you don't really interact with them that much, no issue really. They are simply focused on providing a very clean and well kept hotel - small talk is not their speciality - and fine for me.

Room Tip: The double room is very nice. Non-smoking. The TV's are up to date and the beds are very comfor...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dear DiscountCoffee,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review with us. I am glad that you enjoyed our clean rooms, new bedding, modern amenities, and new TV's. I am sorry that you felt that our staff was not very friendly. We hope that you stay with us again in the future.

Americas Best Value Inn-Fayetteville, TN
Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times in the past. The new owners took over a few years ago and I can tell you the place was a dump when they took over. The pool was empty. The grounds were littered. The parking lot was cracked and had pot holes. The paint on the building was peeling and chipped. There was no landscaping to speak of. The overall condition was very run down. The rooms smelled from worn out dirty carpet, pets and smokers...
Now the place has been fixed up to about as good a place you can get in Lawrenceburg, TN. They have put an extreme amount of money, time and labor bringing back this motel from the pits. Where you would just drive past this place to somewhere you want to stay. The pool is awesome, the rooms have been completely renovated and the grounds and parking lot have been improved. A new paint on the building and a friendly staff who may be a bit hard to understand at times but otherwise helpful. It's a simple motel that is worth the $ if your looking for a decent place to stay without feeling like you need a shower after you stay the night.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Donald W
Dear Donald W,

Thank you for sharing a review with us. I am very pleased to hear that you gave us another opportunity to serve you. We have done some extensive renovating. We hope that these enhancements will improve the overall guest experience. Come back again soon!

Americas Best Value Inn-Lawrenceburg, TN
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lawrenceburg
Richland Inn
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Mount Pleasant
Hohenwald/Natchez Trace KOA

Been to Americas Best Value Inn Lawrenceburg? Share your experiences!