“Maldron Tallaght”

Maldron Hotel Tallaght
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tallaght
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Stayed here for the second time in feb 2014 exactly one year after my first stay. hotel has not changed at all as far is i can remember and this is a good thing!

service - all staff very polite and helpful. received good customer service when we complained (see below)

cleanliness - was with large group and one of the rooms we booked had not been cleaned when my friend entered- dirty towels, beds not made. guessing this was an honest mistake in the cleaning schedule and the room was cleaned while we were out and received a round of drinks in compensation. in general rooms were tidy.

sleep quality - comfortable pillows and beds. rooms were warm which i like some people might find uncomfortable though.

location - costs 50 euros for taxi from airport to hotel. suited my needs as was in the local area and traveled in large group. would not stay here if visiting Dublin there should be more conveniently placed hotels. also every taxi driver says Tallaght is a rough area however personally never had any problems.

spa - large gym and swimming pool that you can use if you are a guest. both shut early at the weekends therefore i never got to use them however had a look at the gym and it was impressive.

breakfast - good hot buffet, porridge, cereals, bread and the usual all available and to a high standard. also had meal at night and food was again to a high standard. main + side and drink cost me just under 20 euros.

would stay here again and would recommend if you are needing to stay in this area.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
MMTallaght, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Tallaght, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2014

Dear Reviewer

It is great to hear such encouraging and positive feedback from our returning guests. I am glad that once again your stay with us was enjoyable.
I am so sorry that there was the issue of being allotted an unserviced room on arrival, please accept my apologies for the same. I am very glad that our manager on duty resolved the matter to your satisfaction.

Just to advise you that it may be an idea for you to checkout www.airporthopper.ie when planning your next visit, as the shuttle bus has very frequent service, connecting Tallaght directly to the Airport. Prices start from €6 pp. I use it personally when travelling to/from the airport and find it very convenient and cost effective.

Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights from 1st to 3rd of March and loved everything about the hotel. Staff were very friendly and helpful, food was lovely and pool and gym were of a high standard. Our package included a three course set meal but we liked the look of other things on the main menu. We were allowed to pick and choose from both menus to get what we wanted and only had to pay a couple if euros extra. This is a much better approach than other hotels we have stayed in in Dublin which you can see from my other reviews. The Luas stop is only two minutes away from hotel and gets you into the centre of Dublin in 30 minutes. Our hotel package included tickets for the Luas which was an added bonus. We are going back to Dublin at the beginning of April to attend a theatre show and will be staying at this hotel again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Ryan

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and are planning on your return visit in April already.
My colleagues in the restaurant are very pleased that they were able to accommodate your requests and that you and your partner enjoyed your meal.

Thank you so much for taking time to review Maldron Hotel Tallaght post your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back in April.

Reviewed March 3, 2014

I've stayed in the Maldron hotel in Tallaght twice for work purposes and it's by far the best hotel in Dublin in my opinion. Advance booking and special promotions offer good prices. There is free access to a great gym and swimming pool with long opening hours making before-work and after-work swims possible. The rooms are great, with windows that open, radiators that can be controlled, sleep-inducing mattresses, and peace and quiet. Fast Wi Fi in the rooms.
All the staff very friendly, patient and helpful. The manager seemed to be always there, in the restaurant, bar or reception area talking to customers and making sure everyone was happy.
Food in the carvery at lunchtime plentiful and good value, and the person serving behind the counter really made my days, he was so cheerful and attentive.
The combination of lovely atmosphere, relaxed yet efficient, and the excellent facilities (including free underground carpark) make this an excellent place to stay for work or pleasure. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room away and was given one away from the main road with a pleasant balcony on...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Fran

It is delightful for all my team to receive such fantastic feedback for you, thank you so much for making the time to post your comments here, especially since you were so very good to share your feedback directly with us also.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon. I received your enquiry for your upcoming stay today and have responded to you via email.

Yours gratefully

Reviewed February 24, 2014

Got a great mid week deal including breakfast + 3 course evening meal. We found the staff exceptional-had an excellent waitress fionnula serve us - she was very friendly and the service was swift. Over-all for the price the food was of good quality and the rooms clean and spacious.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank michelle b
MMTallaght, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Tallaght, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Dear Michelle

I am delighted that your recent stay with us and your meal were enjoyable and that Fionnuala looked after you in the restaurant.
Thank you so much for making time to post your feedback, Fionnuala is delighted with your comments and we all look forward to hopefully welcoming you to Maldron Hotel Tallaght again.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

I stay at the Maldron Tallaght when I'm in Dublin for work, easy to find, very friendly and professional staff. Spacious clean rooms with a good desk for sending those emails in the evening. Great gym. Great food. Secure underground parking, and near a Luas stop for popping into town. Alway a hearty welcome from Kirsty at reception. Thanks. P.H. Cork.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank P H
MMTallaght, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Tallaght, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

Dear PH.

Thank you so much for making time to post your feedback, Kirsty has already read your comments and is just thrilled with your feedback. It is such a boost for me and my colleagues when our guests endorse and recognise our efforts.

We love to welcome you back and hope that we will have the pleasure of doing so for a long time.
Thank you for your loyal custom, we are very grateful that you choose to stay with us.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

Really good value, nice size clean rooms.
Service in Bar restaurant was fantastic really made me feel welcome, Especially Fionnghuala who didn't mind me calling her Fiona. Keep up the good work! Thanks.

Mr D smith UK

Room Tip: got very good gym next door with access direct from hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Daniel

Finnulagh is just brilliant in our restaurant, not only does she provide excellent service, she always has a beautiful smile to welcome everyone, we are so lucky to have her with us.
I am delighted that your stay with us was enjoyable and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I have been staying here for the last two months on Business from the UK, as I'm currently working on a Bank of Ireland contract.

The hotel is a 2 minute walk away from the office, so it's convenient.

I thought I would give the hotel a trial to begin with, but now I would not consider any other option.

The hotel is very clean and modern, compared to some of the other local ones. The Guinness at the bar is actually the best I have tasted so far in Ireland!

The rooms have nice fixtures and fittings, and for the price, you really can't go wrong. New carpets have recently been fitted to the rooms.

The best thing about the hotel, however, are the staff. The nicest I have ever met in a hotel. Everyone makes an effort to say hello.

The reception staff are great. In particular, would like to mention Kirsty, who always goes out of her way to make sure you have what you need.

Dierdre, the reservations manager, will ensure you always get the best rates possible.

Finally, would like to mention Rishnoor, who is the general manager. She always makes the guests feel welcome and ensures you have everything you need (plus the weekly welcome letters are always a nice touch!).

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear asn_123

Thank you so much for making the time to review Maldron Hotel Tallaght. Your glowing comments are very were appreciated and I am delighted that my colleagues have provided you with service that has stood out for you.
We hope to have many more opportunities to welcome you back to our hotel and to continue looking after you.
I know that you have already stayed with us for some weeks now and if you think we can do anything to make your long stays with us more comfortable, or if you like to see a particular dish on the menu, please just let us know, you can reach me directly on rkaur@maldronhotels.com

Rishnoor Kaur

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tallaght
Glashaus Hotel
Kilmainham
Hilton Dublin Kilmainham
Ibis Dublin
#5 of 7 in Clondalkin

Been to Maldron Hotel Tallaght? Share your experiences!