“Great stay”

Maldron Hotel Tallaght
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tallaght
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We stayed at the Maldron for 9 nights over the Christmas and New year period. These were not all consecutive nights and as such we stayed in a number of rooms. Overall our stay was great. The rooms were always clean, and were much better than I had expected. We stayed in three typesof rooms, 1) the suites 2) connecting rooms 3) Double room. the only real complaint on the rooms was the lack of an iron the room. There is a communal laundry room which is not ideal.

The service from the staff was good with one exception. My wife got ill one night (unrelated to our stay) and I needed to extend our stay. The girl on reception (Eastern European) was most unhelpful and tried to charge us a much higher rate for the additional night in the connecting room. This was on St Stevens day. I sent a text message to the General Manager, Mrs Kaur, who called me back within 10 minutes (she was on vacation for the public holiday) and she resolved all our issues -This really was good customer service. She then put us in contact with Deirdre who helped us with our reservations for the rest of our stay.

Overall comments are very positive. I would recommend the hotel as the best in the area. great value with a General Manager in Mrs Kaur who went out of her way to help us which we appreciated.

Room Tip: Suites are good value and the additional space is great for longer stays.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
MMTallaght, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Tallaght, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear JimmyDubai

We are all delighted that your stay with us was enjoyable and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Spent three nights here and had a lovely time. Room was fine food great and the gym and pool excellent. What really set it apart however was the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. Would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear corkLondon

It is fantastic to hear that your stay with us was made especially memorable because of the friendliness of my colleagues in the hotel, the team here are thrilled that you made time to post your feedback and we all look forward to welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Tallaght.

Yours gratefully

Reviewed December 17, 2012

We stayed in the Maldron Hotel Tallaght recently. All went reasonably ok `till we went to get ready for our night out with friends, which was the reason for our stay there. There was no shower cap in the bathroom, for the wife....on request, we couldn`t get one. Not the end of the World, but nice to have. Then we discovered the room safe didn`t work. The door exiting our room had a piece missing from the inner portion of the handle , which I nicked my hand on, this is an accident waiting to happen. We requested an ironing board which was delivered to the room. I can`t even begin to describe the condition that this item was in. I could probably best describe it , as a claim waiting to happen. Anyway, we got on with it. Got down to meet friends at the bar...no black rum, no chardonnay wine...what next ? When checking out next morning I brought all of the above to the attention of staff ot the desk and junior management..in a friendly way . Explaining that I wasn`t looking for anything, by way of "reward", just painting the picture for them. I was offered a lunch, I made my excuses and declined. Despite this , I haven`t been contacted in writing to offer an apology. I find this amusing. We stayed in room 610, and found it noisy, with pretend black out curtains. Go at your peril, you have been warned.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank seanny59
MMTallaght, Guest Relations Manager at Maldron Hotel Tallaght, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Dear Seanny59

I am very grateful to you for highlighting the issues you experienced to our duty manager during your departure and I am happy to advise you that they have all been addressed.

It disappoints me greatly that your stay with us was somewhat marred due to these issues and I would like to extend my sincere apologies for that.

Had we been aware of these issues on the night of your stay with us, we would have been in a position to offer you a room move. Thank you for taking our phone call and we hope to welcome you back very soon.

Seasons greetings to you and your family.

Warm regards

Reviewed November 21, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights on bed and breakfast rate.Room 407 was large and bright and so quiet.The check in was very quick and very pleasant.Picked this hotel for its free parking and wifi.I have never stayed out of the city centre but the links to the city centre are excellent.I was going to the Aviva stadium and the luas and dart got me right there. Luas is just a few min from the hotel.Just had breakfast at the hotel which was excellent, plenty of choice and very friendly staff.I had no faults.Very nice hotel and excellent value.

Room Tip: book room407 if you want a quiet room or any room at the back.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear manusflynn

Thank you for such fantastic feedback, I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I'll make this one basic.
Pros: Good food, great value, literally 5 minutes to the luas train, modern, clean and newish
Cons: Very noisy - be it guests or traffic, pool facility are shared with a health club which makes it noisy, busy, and not at all relaxing. 40-45 minutes from downtown.

Room Tip: Ask for a room as high up as you can get.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear CanucksAtLarge

I am glad that overall your stay with us was enjoyable and that you appreciated our hotels proximity to public transport.
For any of our guests who prefer very quiet rooms, we have rooms facing a roof garden, which are very away from the main road.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We find it Discusting and very Offputting that this Hotel allows Workmen in there Dirty Work Clothes and Boots to help themselfs to the Buffett Breakfast eating evrythink in sight when other Paying Guests are trying to get there breakfasts and Eat it in Peace This raises a very real Clenleness Issue there answer when we Pointed this out to them was " The workmen are also staying at the Hotel " this being the case could the Managment not ask them to dress Normally for there breakfasts like any other guest as thay are Bringing Dirt and a Terrable Smell in to the Dineing Room that is Really Discusting we used to visit this Hotel 4 or 5 times a year however now Needless to say we Do Not stay at this Hotel Anymore this was a view sheard by more guests than just us, But we are the only onces to speake out about it and reported it, !

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the Outside of the hotel with a Balcany
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank David H
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Association of Geography Teachers of Ireland Conference. Excellent value and service - Jack (Jasik) was excellent and should get a pay rise. Everything ran smoothly. Food was good, promptly served. Good location. Free parking was a plus.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tallaght
Glashaus Hotel
Louis Fitzgerald Hotel
#2 of 7 in Clondalkin
Kilmainham
Hilton Dublin Kilmainham

Been to Maldron Hotel Tallaght? Share your experiences!