“Excellent Stay”

Maldron Hotel Tallaght
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tallaght
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Stayed in Maldron Tallaght as we were attending a concert in Marley Park. Checked into the hotel at 2.30pm. Receptionist was very friendly and advised us on shopping in the area.
Room was fabulous, we had a corner room on the 4th Floor. There were floor to ceiling windows leading out onto a balcony which overlooked the Shamrock Rovers Stadium and the wicklow mountains.
We had a stroll across to Tallaght Village which took 3 mins.
Breakfast the next morning was delis! There was a great selection.
Really enjoyed our stay and will be back soon!!

Room Tip: Ask for a balcony room!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
MMTallaght, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Tallaght, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Dear t-bert

We are all delighted that your recent stay with us was enjoyable and that you found our location convenient for attending events in Marley Park.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Maldron Hotel Tallaght again in the near future.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Good:

Value for money.
General Cleanliness.
Staff are efficient and welcoming.
Accessible parking.
Luas close by.
Shopping centre nearby.
Free Wifi

Bad:

Noise, and more noise. If it is a hot day/night (rooms have lots of glass), as there is no air con opening a window is an option, but even with the window closed, due to the hotel location (very busy junction and a hospital nearby) there is a lot of traffic noise and sirens that can go on through the night. With a window open you will got little rest so can be uncomfortable.

Depending on time of check-in/check-out, reception can be slow - not the fault of the person on reception, just that there is only one. Would be good to see more than one person at busy times or someone available who can be available to augment as necessary (especially when looking to just validate parking ticket).

Indifferent:

Tallaght - not good or bad (maybe both) - just is.
I have not eaten in the hotel or had breakfast so cannot comment on this.

Summary:

Good value hotel with welcoming and friendly staff and good transport options for car or Luas.
I would recommend this hotel if you do not mind some noise .
If you want to work and need comfortable rooms with a view to having a good night's rest, then certainly the rooms at the front of the hotel will not suit. Some of the interior doors also bang when closing so if you are unfortunate enough to be in a room at the start of a corridor, passing guests may cause a disturbance.

Room Tip: Rooms at front are noisy.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
MMTallaght, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Tallaght, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

Dear Steve1 8G

Thank you for posting a comprehensive review of our hotel following your stay. I am happy that your stay with us was comfortable and hope that when staying with us again, you will have the opportunity to use our leisure facilities and our bar and restaurant.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

excellent value for money staff were amazing really go out of there way to help you
reception......
got a really warm welcome from reception quick easy and hassle free check in
bars...........
staff were really friendly and chatty felt really welcome soon as i walked in
dining.........
was attending a wedding food and service was superb had to undo my top button i liked the food that much ;)
breakfast.......
woke up late following morning arrived as breakfast was just finishing up was greeted by the chef think his name was paul offered to pop us on some eggs was really nice of him
overall.....
EXCELLENT SPOT FAMILY FRIENDLY WILL RETURN

3 STAR HOTEL WITH 5 STAR STAFF!!!

Room Tip: high floors
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
MMTallaght, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Tallaght, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Dear JasonH

It is great to receive such wonderful feed back, it keeps us all motivated.

I am delighted that my colleagues provided you with a service which made your stay with us memorable. We share all feedback with our teams and I can't wait to see their happy faces when I share your comments with them all.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Regards

Reviewed August 12, 2012

Its really hard for us to review this hotel unpartially. Stayed there for three times now and everytime was amazing. Hotel is clean, staff is nice, price is great. Rooms are gorgeous. If you need to stay in tallaght theres no better location either, just a few steps from the mall and few convenience stores. But if you need to go to the city centers you can get the regular buses or luas and you're there in about 30~40 mins (theres other maldrons down there and im sure theres just as good). Breakfast is usually not included but you have the option to include it (personally i think its a little pricey) or just walk five minutes and have a variety of choices at the mall.
One thing though, if you can choose, go for the non-smoking rooms. Theyre higher in the building and provide better view. The smoking rooms (we stayed in one last time) are on the bottom floor and have a balcony from where you can see this apartments building. Not very private if you know what i mean. The non-smoking rooms are better and if you need to have a smoke theres this public balcony with good view that in my opinion is still better than one in the bottom floor. Looking forward to stay there again next time I visit the in-laws in Dublin!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Greice

We love it too! Especially when our guests have had an enjoyable experience and they make time to give us their feedback. Thank you so much for your time.

I am absolutely thrilled that your positive experience of our hotel has made you one of our loyal customers and we hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

This hotel was excellent value for money, it was very modern and clean. We paid £54 for 2 with breakfast so wasnt sure what to expect but it was brilliant. The hotel staff were very friendly and the leisure facilities were really good. Will definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Julie-annM

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and feel comfortable recommending Maldron Hotel Tallaght to your family and friends.

We hope to welcome you back again soon and when doing so, may I recommend that you try our Movie Deal offer for a great night out in the cinema.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Just back from a 2 night stay in the maldron in Tallaght. I was a little nervous after reading some reviews. On check in we were delighted with everthing. The staff we very friendly and helpful. The room was nice and had a balcony but it was onto the main road. We didn't mind as it was the only smoking room that they had left. I really didn't want to take the smoking room as I hate the smell of them but my partner really wanted a balcony. To my surprise the smell of smoke was minimal. The major down fall for the first night was we had people playing rave music in the room next to us from when we checked in till 5a.m. We could have complained but didnt want to as didn't want the hassle. I did mention it to the lady on reception the following morning. This is no fault of the hotel but really annoying when your away for a break. I feel the rooms could be more sound proof. The breakfast is very nice with a good selection.On the morning of check our duvet cover had came off and I noticed there was stains on the duvet, the stains consisted of tea/coffee and blood. I nearly got sick to think that we were sleeping in this. We were 50 minutes late to check out and I was informed that there is usually a late fee of €15 which is not stated anywhere. I was not charged this late fee by the gentleman on reception. I would not have paid it anyway due to the noise and blood stains. I did inform the gentleman on reception about the blood stains as I felt they might not have of been aware of it. I would go back to this hotel as it is a nice hotel and it was great value. I would just check the duvet before I sleep in it again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main road..............
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Sky0386

I am glad that your stay overall was enjoyable and you enjoyed our breakfast buffet selection.

Iam very sorry for the condition of your duvet and would like to assure you that this is not our standard and that the issue has been addressed.

I hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I just returned last night from spending 3 nights here and I can honestly say I have no fault with the hotel we had interconnecting rooms I had 3 boys 10, 8, and 22 months and the rooms were fab and spacious giving the youngest plenty room to run about the rooms were spotless and the were cleaned every day. The food was great and I look forward to returning here again because I know when we return to Dublin my first call will be to book the Maldron again. The staff were so friendly and the lady on reception when we arrived made us feel we were coming home it was so welcoming.

Room Tip: We had our room at the back of hotel so didn't have traffic noise but I would effeminately recom...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Marie353

I am thrilled to hear that your family stay with us was enjoyable and my colleagues made your stay memorable with their friendly and warm welcome.

We all look forward to welcoming you and your family back again and hope that you will recommend Maldron Hotel Tallaght to your family and friends.

Regards
Rishnoor Kaur

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tallaght
Glashaus Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#70 of 150 in Dublin
KingsWood Hotel Citywest
#1 of 1 in Kingswood

Been to Maldron Hotel Tallaght? Share your experiences!