“Lovely hotel but No Airconditioning and dodgy location”

Maldron Hotel Tallaght
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Tallaght
Dublin
“Lovely hotel but No Airconditioning and dodgy location”
Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

We were forced to stay here because of Bruce Springsteen fans buying out whole of Dublin hotels. Staff are lovely but no Airconditioning means opening door on balcony and the noise of traffic all night is incredible! Also really dodgy area at night when we got off Luas at 12 at night. We ran back to hotel. Not recommended for tourists to Dublin!!!

• Stayed July 2012
MMTallaght, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Tallaght, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
Dear RichRyan

While I am glad that you found our facilities and service to your expectation, I am surprised at your overall experience of Tallaght.

A number of tourists choose to stay in Tallaght due to its accessibility to the city centre and a number of attractions around the area i.e. Wicklow Mountains, Blessington Lakes, Powerscourt Gardens, Glendalough to name a few. Tallaght is also very well connected via LUAS and bus to Dublin City Centre and our hotel which provides free parking is an ideal base to explore all these fantastic attractions.

Hopefully we will welcome you back to our hotel.

Rishnoor Kaur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Stayed here for 5 days on business. The glass facade is impressive and the lobby functional. The front desk staff was excellent. I arrived on an early flight. Although they couldn't check me in that early, they endeavoured to get me into my room as soon as possible as they had noted how tired I was. Parking is free, with the ticket validated at the front desk. Every time I went to validate my ticket, I was greeted with a warm smile, and Paula at the front was superb.
The room was very nice, but unfortunately, I was there when the weather was extremely humid and unseasonably warm. There was no air-conditioning and the room was stifling. There was a balcony, and windows could be opened but my room faced the main street and therefore was very noisy.
Ironing shirts was an ordeal as you have to go to an ironing room with no ventilation and that proved incredibly warm as well.
The cleaning staff can be a bit obnoxious but that was only one experience. I happened to be in my room working when they wanted to clean, and when I asked them to come back later, was told this was the last room to be done, and I was made to feel that I was holding them up. Last I checked, shouldn't hotel staff work according to the customer's convenience?
The TV was on the blink, but I sorted that out by manipulating the plug-in-wall aerial. Although I had mentioned it to the front desk, no one ever came up to my room to sort it out. That said, Paula did ring to make sure it was now working appropriately.
The internet was incredibly slow in the evening, but fine during the day. Perhaps a more powerful server is required.
Location-wise, I was based at Tallaght Hospital so for that, it was very convenient. The Square shopping centre is a short hop away, but the area is daunting and rough.
All in all, it's not a tourist hotel as the area doesn't have anything to see. Functionally, it works well, but they really do need air-conditioning.

Dear sgkhoo

Thank you for your in-depth review. I am glad that you found the location of the hotel convenient to Tallaght Hospital and our staff friendly and accommodating.

Please accept my apologies if you found one of my accommodation team members abrupt, this is certainly not the norm and I will discuss your feedback with the team.

Tallaght is a great base for families visiting Wicklow Mountains, Powerscourt Gardens, Blessington Lates and those who wish to have easy access to the city centre.

We hope to welcome you back again.

Regards
donegal
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I was extremely disappointed with my stay in the Maldron Hotel in Lucan. I booked online and got a smoking room instead of a non smoking room. The fold up bed for my daughter had latts missing from it and she had to sleep on the mattress on the floor the first night. The second night of our stay, when we informed reception that we wanted to change rooms and the fold up bed, we got neither. They gave my daughter a heavier mattress on the same fold up with only sheets to cover..

Room Tip: Book well in advance and stick to your guns. Hotels should refund where they cant provide a proper s...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Tallaght, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Dear Marypatricia

I am disappointed that you were inconvenienced during your stay with us.

Please feel free to contact me directly on rkaur@maldronhotels.com and I will be happy to discuss the matter with you directly.

Rishnoor Kaur

Travelers are raving about these Tallaght hotels

Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This hotel has restaurant, bar, pool, Jacuzzi, steam room and sauna. The rates are brilliant for Dublin with transport to the city centre very convenient. Why can't you like it? I am very picky about hotels and this one comes up trumps. The reception staff are really helpful and in particular, Michael, the duty manager will take special care of you.
Rooms which face the crossroads, which is the situation of the hotel, are noisy if you need to have the windows open (no A/C), but the view over the football ground are great with superb privacy.
Overall, recommended.

Room Tip: Choose a room which faces the inside of the building if you need to open the windows for cooling.
Dear HappyHarryAndover

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will share your compliments with my reception team and with Michael and I am certain they too will be delighted that their efforts made your stay a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Just returned from this hotel. It's about half an hours tram ride from the city centre so it may be everyone's cup of tea. The Maldron is a five min walk from the tram terminus where a 24 hour pass costs 6 euros.
The staff were excellant. The rooms clean and modern and ours had a balcony. The problem is that the hotel is next to a hospital so we were disturbed by sirens most of the night. The rooms are too warm so we had no choice other than to open the window and put up with the noise.

Food in the restaurant is very good for a 3*. The salmon was delicious! But guests should note that it is bar food all the same. Breakfast was very good.

There is a leisure centre next door that guests have access to, free of charge. There is a gym (which we didn't use) and a pool complex (which we did.) The pool had a whirlpool, aqua massage chairs, steam room and sauna. This is a real boost for the hotel and was spotlessly clean.

All in all, our stay was very pleasant. Things to improve on?

Deffinitely provide some sort of temp. control. The room was far too hot. (If I booked again I would ask for an interior room to avoid the noise of the traffic.)

There were no toiletries or tissues in the bathroom. Maybe bottles of water in the room would add a touch of luxury. Robes would be usefull for those guests wishing to use the pool facilities.

Overall, a good hotel. The staff were so warm and welcoming that any other issues were soon forgotten! We paid £99 for 2 nights including our flights from Birmingham. That made it cheaper than one night in England. Worth every penny!

Room Tip: Avoid the 3rd floor where the laundry is located and ask for an interior room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Dear jenny2813

Thank you for reviewing our hotel. It is great to hear that you had an enjoyable time here.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the food in our restaurant and during breakfast and had some time to experience our leisure facilities.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon.

Singapore River, Singapore
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I stayed at the Maldron for four weeks as I had a work attachment. A very very good offer was given. To start off, the location of the hotel was very good! 7 mins walk to the Luas (Tram) stop, 5 mins walk to a HUGE mall with cinemas, two supermarkets and many many stores. One bad thing was that the hotel is near the hospital and at times, the ambulance siren disrupted my sleep at times.

The room was spacious with a great view. It was kept VERY clean the four weeks i stayed and towels were readily available when requested. The wifi was decent. The hotel shares its pool and gym facilities with a Gym Club. This was my only bad experience with the hotel. The members of the gym were rather rowdy at times but the hotel took our feedback and talked to the gym management with regards to it. The staff at the hotel was just amazing. They were always open to feedback and assisted us with regards to any thing we had problems with. They even printed our boarding passes for us. Thanks to them, I had a great stay in Dublin and a wonderful place to call home for a month. :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Chuangdf

We are all delighted that you long stay with us was enjoyable and that you found our facilities comfortable and experienced friendly and professional service.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed June 27, 2012

great hotel,great breakfast, staff lovely & very helpful.will stay again soon

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Maldron Hotel Tallaght, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Dear Moll m

Great to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back.

Rishnoor Kaur

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tallaght
Glashaus Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#67 of 151 in Dublin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,304 reviews

Been to Maldron Hotel Tallaght? Share your experiences!