“Good for an overnight stay with Friends, lively young and fun!”
Review of Abberley Court

and 1 more site!
Abberley Court
Ranked #1 of 1 Tallaght B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 22, 2011

This is not a bad hotel for a weekend with friends, if your looking to be out and about rather than have the luxury of a nice hotel room to lounge around in. There is a nightclub within the hotel, its a small but nice club, staff are friendly drinks are 2 for 1 in the cocktail bar..although I cant remember what day the offer is on, and I think its free before 11pm and free all night if your a guest in the hotel. There are also two other pubs with bar food being served, nice food! the staff in the bars were also friendly. Its in a good location with a shopping centre and plenty of places to go eat, beauty salons etc the luas is located about 10 mins walk from the hotel, so you have easy access to town and the rest of Dublin. The room was a bit dated, it was clean but I dont think id like to stay in it for more than a weekend as it was a bit dull, but it did the job.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 29, 2011

Myself & my friends stayed here for a birthday on the 10th of July. There was 6 of us staying in total & we were going for one night.
I had booked the room on booking.com & the hotel were very helpful & rang me 2 days before to confirm everything was ok etc.
When we arrived the girl at reception was extermely helpful &gave us an aptartment so we could all stay together. The apartment was really clean & spacous. It was on the 5th floor so the view was lovely. It was just what we wanted.
We were all really impressed with the hotel & would definately stay here again - The price was very reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Outside of city center but very affordable. The inexpensive price of this hotel does not do it any justice. We've been traveling for 3 months and this is one of our top 5 hotels but it is also the the least expensive. Lots of room, clean everything, FREE INTERNET, no hidden weird costs, just a pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Bood ahead and ask for family room at arrival
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Happiestbaby
KarenGarry1, Manager at Abberley Court, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2011

Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel further to your recent stay with us.

We are delighted to hear you had a pleasant stay with us.

We hope to welcome you back to to the Abberley Court Hotel in the near future

Kindest regards

Karen Garry
Hotel Manager
info@abberley.ie

Reviewed May 15, 2011

The hotel staff on my arrival were friendly enough but the location is not so great and the hotel itself is rather tired looking. My room was not as clean as I would expect, the bathroom was very old with missing and mouldy grouting. The armchair in the corner of the room was broken and the valance on the bed was particularly disgusting, it was stained and dirty and didn't look like it had been washed for months. The worst aspect of the stay was the music coming from the adjoining nightclub which kept me awake late into the night.
I would certainly not be returning to this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2011

I expected way more from this hotel. Maybe because of the great reviews. The hotel is not bad at all, the problem is the badly maintained bathrooms - the tiles were falling off the walls. That was the reason (loose tile on the head of my husband) we got a complimentary breakfast at the day of our departure. The discotheque was the other problem of the hotel. The music was so loud that on Friday evening we weren't able to sleep at all. Our bed was shaking because of the vibrations of the bass.
In the same time the hotel itself was nice for the low price we were paying per night. We had coffee and tea in the room as well as plasma tv and a small and handy fridge. The free parking located nearby was also a +. The bar in the basement was great. The location of the hotel is 45min by tram to Dublin's downtown but the tram is new and fast so the distance wasn't an issue. The staff of the hotel was nice and helpful. Overall we had an ok experience - we have seen worse...But they must decide if they want to have a hotel or a discotheque because is not possible to have both when the isolation is not the best one.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 15, 2011

My partner and I decided to stay at The Abberley Court Hotel last weekend because they were doing a special Valentine's offer:

-4 course meal
-Complimentary glass of Prosecco
-Live music/Free entry into Level4 nightclub
-Overnnight stay with breakfast and a 3pm check-out

The above package was only €120, so we thought it'd be a nice way to spend a night.
We'd stayed at The Abberley Court hotel a good few times over the years, because although we're from Dublin, we don't live in the area anymore and we stay in hotels because we like to make a night of it!

We arrived at the hotel on Saturday afternoon and we were checked in efficiently by the girl on reception.

Our room was on the first floor, and was facing out the front (which we requested) and we were pleased with the room.

The standards hadn't dropped since we'd last been, which was great-I went around the room to have a look at areas most people find dust or dirt, like skirting boards and behind furniture, and I was happy to see everything was sparkling.

There was a wet towel on the bathroom floor when we arrived, but when we mentioned it to the cleaner who was nearby, she apologised and removed it, so that was fine.
The bathroom was spotless and there were plenty of clean towels.
One little snag was that there wasn't a lot of room to put your toiletries, just a little shelf, but really, it's only me nitpicking-I have nothing to complain about.

The double bed was really comfortable-the bedsheets were so soft-and there was a single bed in the room too.
There is a small fridge, which is very handy for keeping bottles of wine or water nice and cool, and the TV was fine.
There are tea and coffee making facilities too, which is nice.

The meal in Kennedy's restaurant was one of the best meals I've ever had.
We had daube of beef which was impossibly tender and so delicious, you didn't even need a knife to cut through it-the desserts were fabulous too.

There was a man singing during the dinner, (the live music aspect of the package) but it was all ballads, which although good, isn't really my cup of tea, so we didn't stay for the entertainment.

We slept soundly that evening and the breakfast was lovely; they have buffet style cooked foods and a choice of cereals too.

Checkout was quick and the girl on reception was very pleasant and polite.
We were really delighted with the place; it'd been a while since we'd been and we were glad to see it was still as nice as ever.

I'm not entirely sure how much a double room is normally but I think it's around €69 for the night or €79 at the weekend. (You'd have to call to check)

The hotel is located just minutes from The Square Shopping Centre and it's in the heart of the high street, pubs are only a short walk away and the LUAS is only 5mins walk.
There is a multi storey carpark just opposite the hotel where you can leave your car securely free of charge- just make sure to tell reception you've parked there.

I would definitely recommend The Abberley Court Hotel to anyone looking for a weekend break or short stay.

*Incidentally, there are also apartments owned by The Abberley which are used by people wanting to stay for a week or more and I think these are a great offer; I can't possibly comment on the apartments because I haven't stayed at them, but worth a look*

The Abberley is great, book a stay soon!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2010

Myself and my family spent 3 nights at the Abberley Court Apartments in Tallaght, Dublin
(28/10/10 - 31/10/10), and we were located in room 521.

This was a 3 bedroom apartment on the corner with a balcony which would be beautiful in the summer, but as we had a gale blowing outside we decided not to avail of using the balcony.

The apartment itself was immaculate and fantastically equipted with a dishwasher, washing machine, fridge freezer, microwave, iron, ironing board hairdryer etc etc.

I have to say that it was like a home from home, it was absolutely beautiful and very comfortable.

The apartments are in a fantastic location with the Luas available from Tallaght Shopping Centre across the road from the apartments/hotel which takes you directly into Dublin City centre or as far as the point and docklands if required, the only thing is that if you are looking for a hotel/apartment in the city centre then these are not for you, unless you dont mind travelling approx 20 mins on the red luas line.

If I have anything negative to say about these apartments it is that they can be extremely noisy at the weekends because there is a nightclub attached to the hotel, so if you are intending to stay at the hotel at the weekend it would be advisable to request a quiet room as far away from the nightclub as possible.

As long as you have a quiet room you will have no problems here.

Thumbs up all round

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tallaght
The Plaza Hotel
#5 of 7 in Clondalkin
Maldron Hotel Tallaght
Maldron Hotel Tallaght
#2 of 4 in Tallaght

Been to Abberley Court? Share your experiences!