“A Hidden Treasure”

Raff's on the Corner
Ranked #8 of 32 Restaurants in Skerries
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Raffs on the Corner - a family run business in the heart of Skerries. Raff’s is a beautifully designed restaurant, bar and lounge with a little something for everyone.Donal, our head chef, has created an inspired menu based on traditional and childhood favourites brought to life through modern twists.Whether it’s a candlelit dinner in The Restaurant, a relaxing meal in either The Parlour or Centre Stage, our live music lounge, or a casual bite while watching the match in our sports bar, coastlivesports, you will find what you’re looking for at Raffs.We use seasonal, locally sourced farm fresh ingredients to ensure the highest quality throughout.
“A Hidden Treasure”
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I was given a gift voucher and I have to say, I'm glad I had the opportunity to dine there. I had only heard of Raffs on the corner advertised on the radio and it was a real treat to go there.
We booked a table for four and we all tried something different of the menu which we were very happy with. I had goats cheese tartlet for starter and the fish tower for my main which was full of so many flavours . Portions were so generous we had to share dessert on the recommendation of our waitress to try the homemade lemon cheesecake and apple crumble…. all at great value for money.
We planned on an early enough evening but they had a band playing which kept us dancing until closing. The place is so comfortable and luxurious , the staff are so friendly and helpful . The crowd were full of fun and its a long time since we had such a good night out Can't wait to do it again.

• Visited October 2013

“food only ok”
Reviewed November 25, 2013

went to rafts on sunday .food tasteless.and staff not very friendly.
don't think they want children in the place .and being honest not sure they want adults either.

• Visited November 2013
18 Thank Ellabuns
RaffsS, Manager at Raff's on the Corner, responded to this review, November 28, 2013
Just need to clarify you have sent your review to the correct restaurant .. we are Raff's on the Corner, Skerries not rafts. Please visit our website www.raffsonthecorner.ie where you will see that we very much welcome families with Well behaved children. I am very disappointed to hear that you did not like the quality of our food as we only use the finest fresh ingredients which is locally sourced. As for your comment about our staff being unfriendly that ceases to amaze as we are complimented regularly on the efficiency and friendliness of each and every one of them, however you really should have brought any complaints to our attention at the time and I would have had it resolved immediately leaving you a satisfied customer which is Raff's on the Corner policy.
County Armagh, United Kingdom
“Will definitely be back!”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We had been told about this place by friends and decided to call in on our way home from Dublin. We were not disappointed, it is one of those places you did'nt think still existed, beautiful upmarket interior, friendly helpful staff and the food....wow. We had a crab and prawn starter and two of the best steaks we have eaten in a long time. Don't know who the chef is but he knows how to turn out fabulous food. I don't know of any other place that puts on such first class entertainment, without a cover charge, the night we called there was a Joe Dolan tribute act, brilliant. All I can say is that the residents of Skerries are lucky to have this place on their doorstep. Will definitely be back.

• Visited November 2013
We are grateful for your time in reviewing your recent experience with us. Our Head Chef & his team in the Kitchen along with my food servers and bar staff will be really happy to read your comments. We are delighted you enjoyed the live entertainment and I'm happy to say we are getting wide spread recognition as a great Live Music Venue.
“Bland and expensive”
Reviewed November 23, 2013 via mobile

I was at Raffs on the corner on a Friday night, and the place had a few tables full but not many, yet we were waiting a long time to get our food.

The food itself was bland, the burger was dry and tasteless, while the pizza didn't taste much better than a frozen one.

The bill at the end didn't resemble anything near what I expected to pay for such a meal, at my guess made from cheap ingredients.

The staff were friendly but on edge, maybe too little staff? Not sure why but they tried to put on a smile which was the only positive from this visit!

Unfortunately, I won't be back !

4 Thank Lovelybaker
Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I do appreciate your one positive comment on at least one member of staff smiling. You say you were a long time waiting to get your food!. Perhaps you are unaware that it does take up to 30 minutes to cook our Home made Burgers ,(which are made from fresh ingredients - locally sourced.) Our pizzas are also made to order in our kitchen.

It baffles me to think that for such an unhappy customer you did not bring your problems to one of our staff on the night which would have been brought to my attention straight away and would been resolved.

At Raff's on the Corner we are widely known for serving Good food and Fine Hospitality in a naturally friendly atmosphere.

Perhaps you will re-consider and visit us again. ( Even though I think you may have given us an equally appalling review on another website in August 2012.)
Santa Barbara, California
“Honeymoon in Ireland”
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Very nice place. We sat at a booth together and it was comfy and romantic too. I ordered a chicken cesar salad. It came with a big piece of Irish bacon under the chicken..and wow that was great! Loved it.

• Visited October 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit so much and appreciate all of the comments regarding the ambience and of course the hospitality and food. I hope you enjoyed your honeymoon and look forward to welcoming you back to Ireland and Raffs on the Corner again soon.