“Best steak in skerries”

Raff's on the Corner
Ranked #7 of 30 Restaurants in Skerries
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Raffs on the Corner - a family run business in the heart of Skerries. Raff’s is a beautifully designed restaurant, bar and lounge with a little something for everyone.Donal, our head chef, has created an inspired menu based on traditional and childhood favourites brought to life through modern twists.Whether it’s a candlelit dinner in The Restaurant, a relaxing meal in either The Parlour or Centre Stage, our live music lounge, or a casual bite while watching the match in our sports bar, coastlivesports, you will find what you’re looking for at Raffs.We use seasonal, locally sourced farm fresh ingredients to ensure the highest quality throughout.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best steak in skerries”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Day out in skerries paddy's weekend,very busy venue but was surprised the service was so good,loved the steak and the price. I'd highly recommend this restaurant as the decor,atmosphere and service were spot on!

1 Thank 1keith
James R, Manager at Raff's on the Corner, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Many thanks for your great review, delighted to hear you celebrated Paddy’s weekend with us.
Thanks for the positive feedback on our increasingly popular steaks and friendly staff. We hope you will be paying us a visit again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
“Great Food and Staff”
Reviewed March 23, 2013

visited here on st patricks day, so you can imagine how busy it was
staff first class, were so helpful and smiled throughout even though very very busy
Food was great, had the haddock, nicest piece of fish I have had in a ling time
This place caters for kids really well and provided doggy bags for uneaten pizzas!!!
Pizzas were really tasty
This place is well worth a visit
will be back for that fish!!!!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank RayT1962
Thank you for your review and hope you enjoyed the busy St. Patricks day at Raff’s and delighted to hear your lovely comments about our busy smiley staff. We love to welcome families to Raff’s and are so happy to read that the homemade pizzas and locally supplied fish were enjoyed. All of our dishes can be taken away, please just inform your server who will be happy to oblige. We are looking forward to seeing you and your family again soon.

Dublin, Ireland
“Food only Okay treated Badly and were upset leaving”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My Wife ,5 year old son and I ate here this week for our second time. Being christmas and most places being busy I booked in the afternoon to be sure of a table .We booked for 2015 and arrived at 2020. The food was okay and the staff were friendly like the first time we ate there. The restaurant section was empty so we opted to return to the bar area to a choice of tables. For starter we ordered stuffed mushrooms followed by an adult and kids burger. My wife had sea breem and all was just okay Pub grub ! To drink I had a beer and my wife and I had a bottle of red wine. Just after the meal a band started to play on a low stage up the other end of the bar. My son wanted to move closer to the music so we moved as we were finised eating. When we sat at the other table we were asked to pay our bill straight away. I was not impressed but I agreed. I was issued a bill just as I ordered a drink at the bar and asked for it to be added to my total. At that moment a lady from behind the bar informed me it would be our last drink due to having our son with us. I am aware of the laws in Ireland with regard children in pubs. The licence holder is if they feel a child's health, safety or welfare is being harmed even with their parents can ask you to leave.

In the case of "Raff's on the corner" skerries they did NOT have any sigage expressing any policy with regard children. They served us our meal followed by looking for payment straight away. We were treated very badly with regard the bill and how I was spoken to by this lady at the bar.
We are not big drinkers and would not spend large durations in bars with our son and were going to finish up just after the night cap ..... We just hung on for few extra minutes for our son to listen to the band.
We left at 2130.
The funny thing is the place was by no means busy and being locals we will NOT return here but will to all the much better eating establishments in skerries.

You should avoid.

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank roost7
Thank you for your review of Raff’s on the corner. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the service on your visits. It is unfortunate that we were unaware that you did not enjoy the food in our restaurant as we would have been more than happy to rectify the situation had we been given the opportunity.

Our rock band starts at 9.30pm-9.45pm in the evening. It is procedure for us to request guests to settle their bill if finished their meal and moving to a table in another area. We do have signs informing our guests that children are not permitted on the premises after 9pm. I sincerely apologise if you felt that you were treated badly on the night, I was advising you of our policy with regard to children and in no way meant to upset you. On investigation your bill was settled at 10.25pm and at this point you had purchased your final drink. We do hope that you will reconsider your decision and return again to Raffs’ on the corner to provide us with the opportunity to make a more positive impression.

Dublin reland
“Fab venue with average food”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

First time eating at Raff's and a little disappointed with food. Mexican Nacho starter was very good and a promise of things to come. However, main courses of homemade burger, steak sandwich and chicken pannine were only about average. Should'nt be hard to get these dishes right. It's a fab venue and in such a good location, but its a pity not to have the food up to scratch, in comparison to other eateries in the town.

• Visited December 2012
Near Dublin
“"I will be back"”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Went into Raff's on a wet windy Wednesday night in November to be greeted by warm friendly staff in a beautifully decorated premises. Food ordered was absolutely wonderful even if it was a tiny bit slow arriving. However the overall presntation of the food and tableware is top class. The place itself is spotless and the gents toilets are spotless and unique. You will have to visit to see what I mean. I will be back.

• Visited November 2012