“Beautiful food/Good Service”
Review of Blue Bar

Blue Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 29 Restaurants in Skerries
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dublin
“Beautiful food/Good Service”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

Heard good things about this place so decided to visit and hadn't been to Skerries in a long time. Driving past the restaurant it looked very busy but that's a good sign. We had about a 30 minute wait for a table. We were told we could wait at the bar. My wife got a cocktail and I got a 7Up as I was the designated driver. The cocktail was quite expensive at €8.50. We got a table at the window with a nice view, plenty of room between the tables. I ordered the Cannelloni with Garlic Bread and my wife ordered a Cheese Burger. The food was nicely presented and tasted really good. For dessert I got the Toffee Crisp Cheesecake and my wife got the Banoffi, again these tasted amazing. The service was very good, staff are very friendly even though they are under a lot of pressure as it was so busy. The whole meal was reasonably priced, I was actually expecting it to be more. We'll definitely be returning here.

• Visited June 2014

• Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Great service great food”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We were in skerries on Sunday the 1st June for a walk along the beach and decided that we would eat and having eaten in the blue restaurant before it was decided that we try and see if we could get a table. Lucky for us we only had to wait about 15 min as you cannot book a table here, not sure if this is good or bad but it worked for us and it seems to be very popular. We were shown to our table and soon after the waitress brought over the menus and having chosen what we wanted to eat or order was been taken and Ruth our waitress was excellent as we were having the fab chicken wings and she advised that the size of the portions and that 1 large would be enough for the four of us,the rest of our food was very good and we all enjoyed our visit and will be returning in the future.

• Visited June 2014
Dublin
“Totally Overpriced”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Visited here recently with my husband while visiting family in Skerries. I had a glass of red wine priced €6.45 , and my husband ordered fish and chips at €18.95, now these are 5 star hotel prices. The batter on the fish was the only tasty part of the meal. With high prices like this we certainly will not be returning.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank maryellenDublin
“Overpriced very basic food .”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Had lunch in Blue bar today with a friend. I had chowder and the pulled pork sandwich, my friend had the goats cheese salad. The chowder lacked fish and was padded with too many potatoes . The goats cheese salad was adequate. The pulled pork was tasty but overpriced. Service was embarrassingly amateurish with the young man telling me that I could not have a bigger glass of water!! Good luck with getting an off season crowd at these prices for lunch. I won't be back.

• Visited May 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Wings live up to their reputation!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

We decided to dine here as we were told the wings were great - and they are! If you like spicy chicken wings then this is the place for you. Go with the junior portion if you don't eat huge portions it's more than big enough for one! The portions of the food in general are HUGE. I don't even know how customers even got their mouths around the burgers! Restaurant is on the sea front, has a nice buzzy, atmosphere, good staff, good food and drink. Well worth a visit if you are in the area. You'll either need to book or be prepared to wait with a drink as it gets very busy.

• Visited April 2014