“Blue Bar always delivers!”
Review of Blue Bar

Blue Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 32 Restaurants in Skerries
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Blue Bar always delivers!”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

A trip to Skerries, Co Dublin, Ireland is never complete without a visit to Blue Bar which is nearly always busy, the staff are very well trained and very friendly and obliging. There is a good selection of international beers on tap and by the bottle and a bar style wine list. The food is substantial and consistent and ranges from wings, burgers and ribs through to more refined plates.
I have visited many times and have never been disappointed this is a great family restaurant but be prepared to wait a little for a table as they do not take bookings and you pay a little more for their lively ambience and great views from the front of the restaurant.

• Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“A busy, but very nice spot”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I've been to Blue Bar on numerous occasions and the food has never let us down truth be told.

The only downside about the place is its so popular! It can be so busy on a weekend night.

On our latest visit we had the Ploughmans Sharing Platter as an afternoon Saturday snack. I might agree with Rachel L and say it's not really enough for two people, but then again it's a sharing starter from what we could tell from the menu. It could do with more bread or some crackers and less smoked cheese. Maybe some cheddar too? it is a ploughmans after all. Apart from that it was very good. We only wanted a small snack, so it was perfect.

Another thing I liked their water. 1 EUR for a glass per person, but refills are free. This include sparkling water.

I've marked atmosphere as three on this occasion because there was two separate groups that couldn't care less that their children were making so much noise. It was a Saturday Afternoon in fairness, but still some consideration wouldn't have gone astray. It's much better at night when there are no screaming children.

dublin
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Went here with a friend never hearing of it so had no expectations. Seated straight away in a booth by friendly staff. It was a weekday just before lunch hour so wasn't very busy but still a few around. Ordered their 'bang bang shrimp' and was not disappointed! Everything was so fresh and the flavours were fab!
Plenty on the menu to choose from but their fish dishes seem to be very popular. Asked to see dessert menu and we were given an iPad to choose it from!! Seriously I've seen it all now! Great idea! Saving on paper!
We ordered 2 starters, two mains and one dessert, with a glass of wine, oj and coffee for €60. Can't go wrong with this place!

Dublin, Ireland
“A little gem”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

I love this bar and have been numerous times. Its especially worth a visit during the summer months when (if your lucky) you could get a seat outside and over look the sun going down over the harbour. Ive eaten a few times and have to say the new squid in chilly appetizer is really tasty. My wife usuallt orders the chicken wings which are equally as good. Great bar to go for even just a quick drink or spend an evening relaxing....(then over to storm in a tea cup for an ice cream).

Ireland
“I enjoyed it.”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I enjoyed my brief visit. The restaurant is in a great location overlooking the harbour. I was fortunate to get a table looking out at the beautiful view. I just had the prawn sizzler starter and it was very tasty. I also ordered the house salad which was fine but at 3.50euro it should be better. The house white is clean and crisp and delicious - was served nicely chilled. My waitress was very nice. I would go back.