“Book before hand as always busy”
Review of Blue Bar

Blue Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 29 Restaurants in Skerries
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dublin, Ireland
“Book before hand as always busy”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Highly recommend, must order the chicken wings. The service was good, waitress was pleasant and very considerate to my children gave them a colouring book with colours which kept them quiet while waiting for our food, a big thank you for this. We did ask for a booth (refused) which were empty and when we left they opened them up, their was the same amount of waiting staff on duty so could not under stand why they restricted them however, over all I liked this restaurant and will go back and hopefully will receive same or better experience. Setting/view is very nice skerries harbour, its a pity the highly sought after arear out front is a smoking area takes the initially look off the restaurant/bar and restricts for non-smokers and familys. This area should be located at the back, you have to walk past a cloud of cigareete smoke before you enter !

• Visited April 2013

• Polish first
Dublin, Ireland
“Great food, great location”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I spent 11 days in Skerries, and ate in Blue Bar either for lunch or dinner on 9 of them!
Something for everyone here on this menu but still manages to be beautifully prepared and fresh.
Favourites of mine included the Prawn and Langoustine pasta (most expensive on the menu but well worth it) and the salmon - absolutely beautifully cooked, all 3 times I ordered it.
Ask for a booth..much cosier and more comfortable and then move outside onto the covered patio to finish your drinks or have dessert. Right next to the small harbour looking across the bay.
Best place in Skerries for food, without a shadow of a doubt.

mellehia Malta
“Nice but that's it”
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Went out and had gambas to start. Very little flavour to this starter. Cold bread on a hot sizzler??? What's that about? Rib eye came out but went straight back over cooked. I don't know how a blue steak can be over cooked by a chef. The second came back and at a glance knew it was singuy. Dish lacked flavour and love. Chef needs to cook the entire edges of a blue steak is too. . Bacteria chef!!! That's why we go on haccp courses!!!!! Come on guys!! If you want boiled onions with your steaks and old oven baked whole mushrooms. . This is the place. for you. Nice but that's about all a hungry person could say

“Not a good start”
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

We were there for lunch today and upon arrival were told that we had to wait for a table that seated two people, even though there were many booths available. We went to the bar, got a drink and then luckily, a table for two became available. Our crab and prawn starter was very tasty and so was our mains, even though the portions were ginormous. Throughout our time there, the restaurant did not full to capacity and so I don't think it was very nice to begrudge us a booth, simply because they wanted to keep it for bigger groups THAT DID NOT ARRIVE. I suggest looking after customers that are currently in your restaurant instead of looking after customers that never arrived. Good food, not so nice service.

Derby, United Kingdom
“Loved it before, wont go back again”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I went to Blue a bit and it was was my favourite resturant in Dublin, unfortunately not any more. I was there yesterday and was very disappointed. I ordered chicken with wild mushroon sauce, champ and broccoli. The sauce wasnt even put over the chicken and there was only a tiny bit of it. The mushrooms tasted awful and the champ was dry. When I lifted it up on a fork the champ stuck to it. The chicken was really tender and juicy and there was alot of it. So at least I could eat that. The broccoli wasnt even cooked properly and was hard to cut. I certainly wont be going back there for a while. Fair juice to the waitress for saying that I should have told here and she would have changed it. Also I had to change from a bottle of coke to a bottle of orange cause it was flat and tasted weird. Never again !!!