“A consistently good place”
Review of Blue Bar

Blue Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 32 Restaurants in Skerries
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Ate there yesterday,the staff were lovely,they have an iPad for their drinks menu,pretty slick in fairness. I ordered the special of the day which was cod in spinach and white sauce with breadcrumbs on top, delicious,piping hot,full of flavours,my friend had Thai green curry,she thought it was different but still nice,not a good idea to sit anywhere near the door,cold cold breeze enters in there. I have eaten here several times and more often than not its good food, sometimes I have been caught out with the sticky toffee pudding being on the cold side.
No doubt I will be back again as nothing good close by

1  Thank 1Foodietraveller
There are newer reviews for Blue Bar

Reviewed September 16, 2012

As a big fan of chicken wings, I feel I should share our experience with other 'Wing followers'. We reguarly come to skerries for this reason, although the setting down by the harbour is most inviting. Also is the friendly service & comfortable surroundings. The infamous wings, available in both a junior portion (starter) or a large main portion, are cooked to perfection, with a tangy not too spicy sauce. If you ask anyone in Dublin where you may get the best wings, the answer is almost always 'Elephant & Castle' in Temple bar, but after conducting a back to back test, I implore everyone to make the trip to Skerries for a superior wing!

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Love the place! amazing on a hot sunny day down at the harbour, however, Some Staff members need serious attitude adjustments, telling customers to be quiet (while ordering food) is not a good look. not the 1st time I had an encounter with a rude member of staff, other than that I like the place, always busy. Wings are a must!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I always make sure that I visit Blue Bar when I'm in Skerries. The food is really good from quick snacks to a full 3 course meal. They had a signature dish of spicy chicken wings - not something I would usually eat as I don't think they are value for money but Blue Bar is the one place that I will order these. They represent great value for money as the portion size is good and their secret sticky sauce is just yummy. They have a good selection of food choices and local fish/seafood.

Blue Bar has a very well stocked bar with a good selection of drafts, cocktails, wines & spirits. Even when the bar is buzzingly busy the staff are on top form and their high standards do not slip. There is a high standard of cleanliness throughout the whole venue including the loos and I'm told the mens are also a good standard. You can look through into the kitchen area and even when busy it looks well ordered.

Great venue for all occassions. Selection of seating ranges from bar, cubicles and tables and sea views. They also have an upstairs area which is available for hire and they often have entertainment e.g. comedy nights.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

After a long cycle ride from dublin city to skerries I stopped off at this restaurant and was pleasantly impressed with the place, the service and the quality of food. On many occassions as a lone female traveller I have not been treated very well, but this place was one of the exceptions, they were quite lovely. There was an extensive menu, all of which looked delicious.