“Great little restaurant”

Anvil
Ranked #2 of 7 Restaurants in Saggart
Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Anvil Restaurant is a family run restaurant in the heart of Saggart. It prides itself with delicious, locally produced food combined with friendly efficient service. With comfortable surroundings, dining in The Anvil Restaurant is truly a great experience.
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We booked a table for 5 people in the restaurant on Saturday & glad we did. The staff are really friendly from the minute you walk through the door. We got a booth which suited us. Four of us went for the set menu as it was so much better value than the a la Carte but I wanted to try the scallops so didn't mind paying extra. The chicken wings were really good, tasty sauce with a little kick. I went for the scallops for my starter & I was a little disappointed as they were quite small & slightly overcooked but the puree & cauliflower it was served with was yum. For mains Mom & Dad had the steaks & they were delighted with them. My husband went for the bangers & mash which was a nice - big portion. The free range chicken with lemon & thyme jus was tasty. Of course we finished off with a tasty chocolate cake & a few glass of port. Good evening, nice buzz in the restaurant, good food. Staff really friendly & accommodating. Would like to return & try the early bird menu or even some tapa & wine in the nice little bar at the front. Overall a good experience.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Very nice restaurant in Saggart Village, around for ages, but over recent years moved to a fresh new building. Food always reliable and good, staff friendly and efficient, and good value. Great for lunch or for Dinner.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have been to the Anvil several times for events over the last few years and I have never been disappointed, while I admit it is never amazing food it is good food with pleasant staff,always very busy with a great buzz. The car park can be very awkward. I would return.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I’ve eaten twice so far in the new Anvil, opposite Saggart church and both times was quite happy with the experience. First time was a dinner for two, the other time it was an early bird dinner with a bunch of people from work. On both occasions the food was absolutely amazing (would especially recommend their Minestrone soup or the veggie curry - so filling!) but also very pricey. The staff and atmosphere are very welcoming, it’s such a lovely, homey place to dine in. The problem that I have with Anvil is that their vegetarian options are very limited (there is always something amazing on, but I only go there when they change the menus so that I don’t have to eat same dishes every time). And as I said this is quite an expensive restaurant, you would pay same for similar dinner in the heart of Dublin city but wouldn’t necessarily expect these prices on the outskirts; because of this and the repetitious veggie menu, I actually end up eating in nearby Lemongrass more often. Recently they’ve added tapas to their menu though which hopefully will give me an excuse to go there again.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

have eaten here on numerous occasions. From meals for 3, to birthday dinners ( on one occasion approx 30 people ) Have never been had a complaint regarding quality or service