TripAdvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
4,117 results
All reviews city west lemongrass restaurant huge hotel leisure centre jacuzzi bath busy hotel irish dancing superior room lovely hotel luas stop bar food conference tram ireland concert
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Arrived in City West hotel today and first impression was a very large, busy hotel.
Room is fantastic with all usual facilities. However I went to use the phone to call room service to order a fan. The phone was not working.
I went to reception, which is quite a distance away from room, and had to queue behind people checking in (not a deal breaker). But I Spoke to duty manager and mentioned that surely this must be a health and safety issue with phone not working. He said they know about this, a lot of rooms have the same problem and they have plan in place if emergency arises. Not a problem, except, what if we have a problem and cannot contact hotel staff.
At the very least, at time of check-in, guests should be notified of this issue.
Bad for a major hotel. Health and safety issue?

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
CitywestHotel, Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Gerry H,

Thank you for your review. We are pleased that your room was comfortable and overall you enjoyed your stay. Please accept our apologies for the issue you had with the telephone in your room, this has since been rectified. We understand it was not acceptable and take on board your concerns. As with any maintenance issues every effort was made to address the problem as soon as possible.

Should you wish to discuss your stay further please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Perhaps the least customer friendly hotel I ever had the misfortune of staying in. We stayed here only because of a business conference. Upon checking in, the phone was not working; I went down to reception and reported it. It remained unfixed for the next 3 days. The breakfast and lunches they served during the conference was absolute slop. They charged us 5 euros for a bucket of ice (never have I been charged for a bucket of ice anywhere). One time at breakfast, I asked that my bread be heated. A supervisor noticed and coldly told me the staff aren’t allowed to do it because they’re busy serving the hot buffet breakfast. But the toaster oven was just behind them. Sensing my anger, this cranky old supervisor even had the nerve to approach me during breakfast to “apologize” but reiterate their policy anyway. I mean, really? You want to tell off a paying customer about heating a piece of bread?

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank liamblackmore

Dear liamblackmore,

Thank you for your review. Please be assured we very much care for our customers and are disappointed with your comments. We are sorry your telephone was not working, we were unable to rectify the issue during your stay & fully understand this was not acceptable. The €5 charge was for room service not for the ice you received.

Our breakfast buffets are self-service, toasters are available for our guests, apologies if this was not communicated to you at the time.

We take on board your feedback and have noted your comments. Should you wish to discuss your stay further please do not hesitate to contact me directly, my details are listed below.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Good option; great for big groups and golf lovers; limited dining options but overall good and quite locations. Rooms are nice and big; Staff are very friendly. Only downside, it is not close to the city center which require arrangements for transportation.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Moe_Vienna,

Thank you for your review. We were so pleased to welcome you to Citywest Hotel and appreciate your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Very average hotel. Decent location as it’s near the tram and bus routes. Check in was rushed with little info given and our room looked out into a tiny courtyard that had a roof and building works left out, so not best of views! Bedsheets were dirty. Overall it’s an average at best hotel, wouldn’t stay again but if you can get a decent price it does the job.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear brynbrynbrynbryn,

We are sorry that you were somewhat underwhelmed with your recent stay. We take on board your feedback and will address the issue of cleanliness that you experienced.

Should you reconsider and would like to return please do not hesitate to contact me directly, I would make every effort to ensure any future experiences are more positive.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Quality & Standards Manager,

Reviewed September 16, 2019

Stayed over a weekend in this amazing hotel, the staff were extremely friendly, i stayed in the Palmerstown wing and the room was huge and fabulously decorated clean and modern mixed with old,a fantastic combination. A large thanks to Alfredo the housekeeper for letting my room spottles everytime. Check in and out was painless and pleasant. Car parking is free as are the pool and leisure facilities. I will deinitely stay there again!

Date of stay: August 2019
CitywestHotel, Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2019

Dear german_gonz,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Alfredo, who will be delighted with your feedback.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.