“BRILLIANT, BRILLIANT”
Review of Citywest Hotel

Citywest Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Saggart
Reviewed May 6, 2014

This is a hotel that lives up to its reviews 100%. The staff are friendly, helpful and really on the ball. The rooms are plush, comfortable, well appointed and immaculate, every item you could ask for is there, if its not a simple phone call, and its delivered. The food in the bar and restaurant is first class. Would not hesitate to return, great weekend.

Room Tip: Any room, they are all really well appointed.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
CitywestHotelDublin, Front Office Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your fantastic review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay here at Citywest Hotel.

Our staff will be delighted to hear that you found us so friendly and helpful, we try our very best to exceed all guest expectations at all times.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Citywest Hotel very soon.

Kindest Regards

There are newer reviews for Citywest Hotel

Reviewed May 5, 2014

My son booked a few days at this hotel as we were going to the races at Punchestown. The room we had was room which overlooked the Golf Course. Staff were very hospitable, the room had a two single beds, spacious, ensuite, coffee/tea facilities, tv, furniture very nice. Room clean and tidy and would definitely like to visit again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your lovely review. We are delighted that you enjoyed your time here and found our staff so welcoming.

We hope to see you return sometime in the near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stayed in this hotel over the Easter weekend. One of the best hotels I`ve ever stayed in,planning to go back August bank holiday.Staff very helpful and food at the Lemongrass Restaurant was the best Asian food I`ve ever tasted. The hightlight of our weekend was the Wolftones concerts which took place over 3 nights of our stay.Great crowd,atmosphere,great people.Can`t wait till my next visit.

Room Tip: Make sure you visit the Lemongrass resruarant
1  Thank Daniel M
CitywestHotelDublin, Front Office Manager at Citywest Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us at The Citywest Hotel, Dublin.

Our team will be delighted to hear such nice comments. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel this summer. It would be my pleasure to personally take care of any future bookings you may require. Please feel free to contact me directly.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed April 26, 2014

We loved this hotel for one night before our driving trip throughout Ireland and one night after before we flew out. It was very close to a light rail LUAS stop so we took that in and did Dublin w/o our rental car. We loved the old feel to it and the staff was nice enough to let us check in VERY early since our flight arrived at 5am. The restaurant was quite expensive, but we expected that. One note; to keep the lights on, we had to learn to leave the key card in the fixture inside the door. Who knew? The booking company knew what they were doing since this hotel is outside the city, but close to the M50 and N7 which took us to the SW of Ireland. Perfect for our 6 night stay and driving adventure in Ireland!

Room Tip: Note: wifi only available in the lobby.
1  Thank Gretchen S

Dear Guest,

I am pleased that the hotel was ideally located for you to start your driving trip throughout Ireland and that you enjoyed your time here with us. I hope that on your next visit to Dublin, we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel.

Kind Regards

Reviewed April 26, 2014

Booked this hotel for a family break over Easter, arrived on Easter Monday, we were met by a banner/large advert in the foyer of a Wolftones concert which was to be held in the conference centre at the side of the hotel. This was fair enough as it was not in the main hotel (or so we thought) There was alot of security around which we thought was a bit strange.....were they expecting trouble. We went to our room which had only 3 beds I rang reception from the room and the girl said "let me check.......oh there is definitely 4 beds in that room" !!! They then said they would send a porter up with a new room key - we waited for about 15 minutes and then I had to go down and get the keys myself - in the meantime our friends had taken the kids to the swimming pool as they were fed up. The next room was on the same floor but miles away we had to walk up the corridor, up a set up steps, turn left, down a slope, round a right hand turn, a left hand turn down another corridor and then turn right again. The room was very shabby and our view was overlooking a roof. The curtains were off the hook on one side, the bathroom needed re decorated. We had a nice meal in the resturant - the staff were lovely and we settled down into our room at 10.15pm, My kids fancied a hot chocolate and I called room service, but according to the reception they did not not do room service before 11pm!!! Never heard that in a hotel before. At 12.30 pm we were rudely awaked by singing, shouting, cursing and swearing and people with 1916 Easter rising tops and headbands etc on. I asked them to be quite which of course they did not. The door of our room had a space of about half an inch which did not help with the noise so I had to put a pillow and a blanket across it, the partying went on until I could not stick it any more as they had a pizza delivered at 4.50am in the morning!!!! I went out and spoke to the people again and they still carried on - at this stage I called reception - it took about 10 mins for security to get to them. In the morning I complained and we were moved to 2 beautiful interconnecting rooms overlooking the golf course, no noise just pure bliss..........What I want to know is why were we not put there in the first place? Why did they subject my family and I to the partying antics of the people who were at the concert? Should they not have taken into consideration that some of their guests were not there to attend a Politically motivated concert? The food was good, the hotel is in a beautiful location, the leisure facilities are good, a really nice pool and the gym is really well equipped which also has fitness classes but If you are thinking of booking I would strongly insist the that you are put in the executive rooms.

Room Tip: Demand an executive room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank pearso
Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed over easter for three night's. Rooms were fabulous spacious with all mod-cons. Staff were friendly and eager to assist. Hotel itself is huge so it is no mean feat for the staff so they really are to be commended. Food was delicious in both the hotel and the lemongrass restaurant situated just down from the hotel. We had a fabulous break would definitely recommend.

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed April 24, 2014

The Good:

Staff lovely & very helpful. This is one huge hotel, unfortunately showing signs of age and lack of maintenance, but beautiful surroundings and fantastic gym/pool/spa. Very relaxing atmosphere and a wonderful tree lined driveway in. You really feel like you are staying somewhere special!

The Bad..:

First room stank of smoke - despite being non-smoking? Very basic and run down. Staff changed us to a much better bedroom on the 5th floor. We were very happy with this room - until it came to bedtime.... The noise from the other residents was despicable... Guy hitting a girl outside our room; guys shouting profanities at the top of their voices (my young daughters have now learned new sexual references I would have preferred they never knew...); general disorder and numerous drunken yobs running amok along our corridor into the very early hours. Scared the life out of my daughters... After a number of phone calls to reception I went down and played a recording of the fracas to the night staff, who then put a permanent security presence on that floor. They did a great job of explaining to the morning staff who I didn't have to re-explain the nights events to again. They immediately put me in the business wing (Swift Wing) on the 4th floor. Beautiful room and a great next nights sleep. The staff also discounted my stay as an apology.
Food in the restaurant was average, but not by any means poor. Would have liked to see better choice, but surroundings nice.

The Ugly...:

I went down to this hotel with three other families for a relaxing Easter break. They too had problems with noise - right through to 6am.... The staff changed their rooms also. This seemed to emminate from an Irish Rebel Band called 'The Wolfe Tones', who were playing in the hotel that weekend - so not entirely the hotels fault. However, no mention whatsoever was made of this group playing on the weekend we had booked. I would not have thought the Dalata Group would want to associate themselves with a political band celebrating paramilitary groups? Given that terrorism has affected so many people in Ireland, I am astounded there was no mention of this when booking, not to mention the fact the hotel allowed them to play in their venue at all...? Not the kind of thing I wanted to subject my family to and I will be placing an official complaint in this respect.

This was however, most probably a 'on-off' and shouldn't detract from others enjoying their stays. I have many friends who have had great weekend trips at the Citywest. Great children's activities also.

Room Tip: Get the 4th Floor Swift Wing!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank 22Disappointed
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saggart
KingsWood Hotel Citywest
#1 of 1 in Kingswood
Louis Fitzgerald Hotel
#2 of 7 in Clondalkin
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#69 of 150 in Dublin

Been to Citywest Hotel? Share your experiences!