“Grand Little Spot”
Review of Citywest Hotel

Citywest Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saggart
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Just spent a night in the City West for the All Ireland Hurling Final replay. Arrived at 11am on Saturday morning and we were given our room as soon as we arrived, as were the big long (constant) queue of other other people checking in. They were well able for the massive crowds. The rooms were lovely, staff were friendly and it's in a beautiful location. 5 minute walk to the Luas, and about half an hour into Abbey Street. We didn't book breakfast, but drove to the City West Shopping Centre yesterday and had something to eat there, it's a 1 minute drive away. Would definitely stay in this hotel again, it saves on City Centre traffic coming and going, and it's located just off the Motorway. Grand spot. There was 8 of us travelled including 2 children, and they enjoyed the games room.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 29, 2013

I have just returned from a single night stay at this hotel and had a really nice time. The main comment I would make is that this hotel ans conference centre is massive. I swatted one conference while another was being setup in a different building, there was also a wedding on and plenty of golfers as well. The only time it felt crowded was when I returned to the reception area early afternoon to use the wifi and there were dozens of people queuing for the check-in desk. My own check-in had taken no longer than 10 minutes the day before. Aside from this queue I had no trouble getting a seat in the restaurant and the swimming pool was more than large enough for the people there. The room was good but I'm not massively keen on 2 single beds pushed together to make a 'double' bed. On this occasion it made no difference as I was travelling alone. The rest of the room was great and in decent repair and thoroughly clean. If you wished to look very hard you could find the odd crack in grout or slightly peeling wallpaper but you find this in 99% of hotels and this place is massive. I was concerned about how loud the noise would be in the late evening but I couldn't hear any of it. There was slight noise from nearby rooms but nothing out of the ordinary.
The swimming pool was great but unless you bring your own mini padlock you cannot secure the lockers. This meant I had to return to my room and leave my valuables there and come back, not the end of the world but that was not the way I intended on getting my exercise. On my return I was glad I bothered as the pool and sauna, steam room were super. I had my dinner in the Hibernian Bistro and thoroughly enjoyed. Service couldn't have been better, the food was lovely and decently priced.

I would definitely return to this hotel again if I was looking to stay just outside of Dublin.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was in Ireland to settle down and used 3 hotels to find myself a suitable accomodation.
The hotel is huge and just a 5 min walk from the Luas Station ( Tram service). Its about 30 minutes from the city centre and falls on the west side of Ireland.Rooms are very big , spacious , luxurious and beautiful! The toilets too are brilliant , there is simply nothing you can complain about this hotel!

A definite 4/5 , except for the bar at the entrance.

Room Tip: I choose a family room for 2 adults as nothing was available!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Have stayed here a few times over the years for its ideal location. But my latest experience was disappointing. Got a good midweek rate but that's about the only good thing. Furnishings have aged, bed was only average. Stayed in a different hotel in a different city the following night and the difference in quality was very noticeable. Am unlikely to return unless I hear of room renovations

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We were taken by bus to this hotel after our flight out of Dublin was canceled, We were not offered a choice of hotels, and learned from the waitstaff that they have a contract with the airline for all delayed passengers. They said this happens about once a week. This hotel is huge and old. Renovations are badly needed. The bathroom was partially renovated (tile, sink and tub) but shower had not been updated and was not entirely clean. There was long, dark hair on the floor. The bed was old and hard---the worst we've slept in anywhere. The carpet was not clean. The TV had poor reception and few channels. We asked if there were any attractions nearby---the answer: a shopping center is a 20-minute walk away. We needed a computer and internet access to send a brief email about our travel delay. The "business center" had one computer and we needed euros to use it. We had to tap the ATM for cash and then exchange paper for coins at the bar. No one was helpful in this process. Our questions seemed to be an annoyance. One exception was a young man who personally led us to the 3rd floor and then sought someone out for the combination, since the "business center" was behind a locked door. The food (also provided as part of the airline's compensation to us) was mediocre. (This was not in their restaurant, but a buffet set up elsewhere for the delayed passengers. We did not eat in their restaurant and so cannot comment on that.) A drink at the bar/lounge in the evening was served by an unhappy, or at least disinterested, young lad. During our bus tour in Ireland, we stayed at 6 other hotels. They were all several notches above this one. I would not recommend this to my family or friends.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2013

About a year since I last stayed here, and it continues to offer large, comfortable rooms, although you still need to be reasonably fit to walk to them! King size beds, nice bathroom, but poor lighting and no wifi, only available in pulic areas, but it is free. Huge comfortable bar area with loads of sofas and service at your armchair. Efficient check in and out, friendly staff, and taxis awaiting outside. Had breakfast in the room and it was on time and hot. Becoming my favourite Dublin (well 30 minutes by tram) hotel. Oh, and I paid €69 for the night for that enormous room including breakfast. You can't go wrong unless you need to stay in the city centre.

Room Tip: Try to get a room less than 5 minutes walk from reception! That's a challenge!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

The rooms and location let this hotel down. We were allocated a family room (only needed a double) which meant climbing over the additional single beds to get into the double. The room was also not cleaned to a high enough standard (hairs in bathroom and dirty carpet). The room was also incredibly dated with an old TV with very poor picture. We were only in our room for 8 1/2 hours (from 11.30pm til 8am) - had it been earlier in the evening or had we planned a longer stay we would have looked elsewhere. The Head Porter was very helpful the in locating a taxi (40 euros to Dublin) the next morning.

• Stayed: September 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saggart
KingsWood Hotel Citywest
Maldron Hotel Newlands Cross
Maldron Hotel Tallaght
Maldron Hotel Tallaght
#2 of 4 in Tallaght

Been to Citywest Hotel? Share your experiences!