We have stayed in Citywest Hotel a few times now and decided it was time we gave it a review.The whole family(5) stayed for one night in May but we have stayed for longer.The family rooms are large and very adequate for a family of five.They are clean,well laid out and comfortable.If you can afford it i would recommend going for a family SUITE,its a little bit more expensive but we found it well worth it and the children loved it.
From the minute you walk in the door there is a friendly atmosphere,from the continous smiles on the concierge faces to the helpfullness and professionalism of the receptionists/desk clerks to the cleanliness of the housekeepers,even when really really busy.This is apparently the biggest hotel in Ireland,there was appx 1500 irish dancers,3000 people at the conference centre,using hotel amenities,and then another few thousand guests for other functions etc and yet one of my family noted that each time they dealt with staff they felt almost like they were the only people staying in the hotel such was the attention they were given.
The bedrooms are kinda far away from reception,bar and restaurants etc but that can be a plus for some and a minus others.
The leisure club is quite large and well run with great facilities for adults,from the 20m heated indoor pool to the jacuzzi, steam room, sauna and a heated caldarium (what ever that is).Children are also allowed use the pool which is great for a bit of family fun.
Right now they have a wonderful hairdressers(Angel Hairdressing and beauty rooms) located in the health and leisure centre which i can personally say has a great barber.
i am not a golfer but by all accounts the golf course is as good as any in Ireland and it looks it,really well kept.
Our family have had a few functions at Citywest and down to the last person we have all complimented the events manager and the whole team,the are so nice and professional that they alone have been the cause of our return to Citywest.
The hotel is well serviced by local buses,taxis and Dublins Light rail system "the luas" all near by.
Over all a fantastic hotel,wonderful surroundings and great staff,i hope you enjoy it as much as we did and will do in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our superb location in South Dublin puts you in easy reach of everything from Dublin city centre and airport, each of which is a mere 25 minutes away, to the hills of Wicklow and the plains of Kildare. We even have a Luas light-rail stop on our doorstep, which will take you to the city centre in just 30 minutes. It's the perfect place for a relaxing city break and with Ireland's largest choice of conference space, it is the perfect place for your conference, meeting or special occasion. Whatever brings you here, you'll find everything you need on site - a leisure centre with 20 metre pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam room and an 18 hole golf course designed by the late Christy O'Connor Junior. The newly renovated Woodlock Brasserie and Swift Bars are also available on site for all dining requirements as well as complimentary parking and free Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, World Independent Hotel Promotion, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Citywest Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Citywest Hotel, Conference, Leisure & Golf Hotel Saggart
- Citywest Hotel, Conference, Leisure And Golf Resort
- Citywest Hotel Dublin
- Citywest Resort Dublin
- Citywest Hotel County Dublin, Ireland - Saggart