“Massive Hotel with great service”
Review of Citywest Hotel

Citywest Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Saggart
Reviewed January 3, 2013

We had a fantastic time here although other guests did coment how easily they got lost in the hotel !
Food was great and choice of rooms for breakfast.
The place itself is a little remote and a car would be beneficial although the tram runs directly into Dublin within a 5 minute walk from the hotel
Thoroughly recommend

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I spent a few days here last week with family and extended family and it was heaven. Everything about the campus was faultless in every way. We got a great deal. There is a great leisure center and golf course on the campus. It has three restaurants all of good quality. There was a huge staff on duty at all times to tend our every need.

Room Tip: The hotel has nearly 400 rooms and all seemed to be of a high quality.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Thank you to the staff of this hotel for excellent service. The restaurants are wonderful, rooms are everything you'd want in a luxury hotel, and the spa was divine. We had a stunning weekend and will be back!

Room Tip: 1st floor looked noisy, second floor was perfect
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I went to a convention here and it was a blast. The hotel staff were very helpful and accomodating. The restaurants food was above average, but nothing to write home about. It is about half an hour from downtown Dublin, but there is a Luas(tram) station about a quarter mile away. The rooms are large and the bathrooms are nice. The golf course on property is also worth a play. I will admit, may memories are clouded by the great time had at the convention. Nevertheless, it is well worth a stay when in Ireland,.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My Husband and I stayed in this hotel with our 2 year old on December 8th 2012. We booked using the hotel website and got a really good room only rate. We were going on a shopping weekend so the location of this hotel suited us very well, the hotel is on the Kildare to Dubin road and is situated just before the M50. We hopped on the M50 down to Dundrum and Avoca was just down the road, but if you want a city centre hotel this is not the one for you.

The room was very clean, spacious and comfortable, as was the bathroom. The website had said that standard rooms come with a double and a single bed but our room had only the double, not an issue for us as we asked for a travel cot for our 2 year old and that was promptly provided. We ordered food from the Lemon grass restaraunt which was very nice oriental food which was delivered to our room for only a €2 delivery charge.

I asked at the bar if I could buy milk for our 2 year old but they gave it to me for free. When we left we forgot his favourite bedtime cuddly toy, we rang in a bit of a panic on Sunday and were asked to ring lost property on Monday, we rang back and they had the toy, thank God!! They posted it to our house and did not charge us for postage even though we offered to pay.

We can not rate the leisure facilities or Spa as we did not use them and we did not eat breakfast at the hotel either.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We stayed on Saturday December 8th 2012 in a Family room for 5 which was quite spacious and comfortable . It had a Double , 2 singles and a Camp bed for the 3rd child , All the beds were very comfortable which made for a good nights sleep, The only problem was the bathroom was freezing and had no heater of any sort.

Breakfast was very good with a great choice of everything from fresh fruit to a Fried breakfast, The staff were very helpful and we would recomend it as a base for a family of 5 , The City west Tram stop is a short walk away which brings you in to the City centre , It saves hassle of traffic and parking etc.
We would stay there again and it will be top of our list for our next Family trip to Dublin

Room Tip: Make sure you look for a Family room in a peaceful part of the hotel as it can be quite busy with fu...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 1, 2012

just stayed for yet another review of the Citywest Hotel just outside Dublin.
I have realised that when I have reviewed in the past, I have not really discribed the surroundings.
The hotel is great, but, if you think you can use it to help you get around Dublin city centre, you will be dissappointed. the hotel sits on the outskirts of the city and is in the quietest of suburbs.
Now the great news to report is that the 'Luas@ tram system that runs thru the whole of Dublin is now extended out to the Citywest. I had to use it myself for an urgent matter and it was so darned easy... the terminus for it is just 5 minutes walk from the hotel - and I mean 5 minutes. You turn out of the hotel gates, turn left. Walk a few minutes, turn right and there it is. You cant get lost.
for 4 euros you get a relaxing 40 minute journey thru all the streets of Dublin that lets you get a wee view of the people of Dublin. You get off at the other terminus and you are in Connolly Street, right in the centre. there are stops for the Luas all over the place and as long as you get the one back to Saggart, you are sorted. its as easy as your local bus...
Back to the hotel... yet again I was there with family for a long weekend. I had rang the week before to request that we would really love our two rooms close together and when I passed a comment on the two rooms we had in July, the girl took a note of the numbers.... and yes... we got the same rooms again... it was like coming home.
Again so clean. so warm and cosy.
We did do the restaurant - we love to try it - and apart from my personal 'nit-pick' of the not so nice chips, we enjoyed it. I had a cajun chicken burger which came on the freshest bun.... and was lovely. I have put a photo of my dessert on for you, had to take a snap of the darn thing, it was a shame to eat it, it was so nice to look at.
So, thank you Citywest for yet another lovely time. I dont know if you do have any grumpy staff, I have not met one yet..... and I think we have spoke to just about everyone there surely by now.
looking forward already to our next trip, and annoyed it wont be until next March, but, you wont stop us getting there.

Room Tip: this is the biggest hotel in Europe, if you dont want the 4 minute walk to reception, ask for one cl...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Irenethetraveller
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saggart
KingsWood Hotel Citywest
Sheldon Park Hotel
#68 of 150 in Dublin
Red Cow Moran Hotel
#3 of 7 in Clondalkin

Been to Citywest Hotel? Share your experiences!