“Great B&B that we highly recommend!”
Review of Moat Lodge

Moat Lodge
Ranked #1 of 2 Lucan B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had a really nice week at Moat Lodge B&B!

The rooms were clean, the breakfast was good and the owners very friendly and helpful.
Good location as well with a few minutes walk to restaurants and bars.
We will absolutely stay here next time we're golfing in Dublin!

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Had a very nice stay at Moat Lodge. Great service, nice breakfast and perfect location. Short drive to excellent golfcourses and a few minutes walk to restaurants/bars.
I would recommend this Bed & Breakfast to any group/family!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 15, 2013

We had a very pleasant stay in this warm and cosy b n b.we needed to stay close to finnstown and location wise this establishment was perfect. We received a friendly welcome upon arrival and couldnt fault the Irish breakfast the following morning .We stayed for one night and felt it offered good value for money.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

'she' is a he and your bed linen was not fresh and crisp.

I stand by all of the content in my original review. I accept that the check out time was 10am but do not feel that it was dealt with in a courteous, professional manner.

E. MacGrianna

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Location is fine if you are staying in Lucan. The rooms were average at best. My beds linen did not seem to be fresh. Found the owners to be quite rude on morning I left. More or less booted me out at 10am. Door was closed in my face when I requested a receipt from the reception. Will not be returning. Pity as I was planning on using on a regular basis. I'll be staying in the liffey valley clarion for the sake of an extra few bob. Their loss. Surprised that other reviews are positive. Hope they are genuine.

• Stayed: August 2012
Krustacean, Owner at Moat Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Even after 10 years in the business and knowing that we can't always please everyone - we're still disappointed when people aren't completely satisfied with their stay at Moat Lodge.

This guest was asked to leave at our publicised checkout time because we had a pre-arranged appointment. She was a bit put out so proceeds to get her own back by referring to a nearby hotel in her review and making up stories about unclean linen. A lot of B&B's wash their own sheets - but ours have always been professionally laundered and will always be crisp and spotless.

Reviewed September 12, 2012

I absolutly loved my stay at the Moat!
The family room was great and the surroundings were peaceful.
reception was 110% friendly and breakfeast was great. We had an early departure and breakfeast was served a bit sooner then ususal.
All in all, if I´m in the area, I won´t think twice about where I would stay the night.
Thanks for the wonderful reception of four Finnish travelers who were desperate for a B&B.
I´m just sorry we only stayed one night.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I loved my stay in Moat Lodge B&B! I stayed at the B&B for five nights and the owners were ever-so-helpful from the get-go! If I had any problems, such as the wifi not working, they'd try and fix with me. If I had a question where something was or how to get somewhere, they were willing to guide me the right way! The breakfast was very nice, the room was tidied every morning while I was enjoying my breakfast and just overall a pleasant start of my move to Ireland. I had such a great experience while there!

Moat Lodge is in a quiet location, and I didn't have any disturbances of neighboring visitors even when it was full! I'd highly recommend this B&B for anyone who is looking for a quiet stay, near Dublin.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucan
Finnstown Castle Hotel
Glashaus Hotel
Glashaus Hotel
#1 of 4 in Tallaght
Aspect Hotel Dublin Parkwest

Been to Moat Lodge? Share your experiences!