“Annadale Restaurant - I will be back!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Annadale Cottage Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 28 Restaurants in Lucan
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian, Fusion
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Free Off-Street Parking, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Annadale Cottage Restaurant is a Fine Chinese Cuisine Restaurant located on Lucan village beside McDonald and Maxol garage. Annadale is committed to building strong relationships with the local community. Whenever possible, we try to source ingredients locally to support local producers and manufacturers. All ingredients are freshly prepared onsite every day by trained and experienced chefs who are passionate about Chinese cuisine.
Dublin, Ireland
“Annadale Restaurant - I will be back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

You gotta check this place out! Excellent value with Early Bird. Restaurant and bathrooms are gleaming. Staff were just gorgeous. Not a fan of the decor but that's just a personal thing, wouldn't deter me from going back. This is my second visit since it has re-opened and definitely not the last. Thank You for a lovely evening.

• Visited May 2013

Idaho Falls, Idaho
“Oblivious to the danger of nut allergies”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I recently went for a meal with my partner to this restaurant as we had both heard great reviews about the place. Unfortunately, my dinner was a total disaster. Upon arrival to your restaurant, the table presented us a bowl of nuts and as I am severely allergic to nuts, we moved them to another table. This was not a problem for myself now my partner as we believed it was an honest misunderstanding. However when my main course arrived, it had cashew nuts placed on top. If there was any sign on the menu to say that there was a possibility of nuts coming into contact with my Sweet and Sour Chicken, I simply wouldn't have orderred it. We then asked the waitress to order me another dish with absolutely no traces of nuts on it as if I ate the food with any trace of nuts on it, it would make me severely ill. She returned the dish and it was obvious to both my partner and I that the waitress had simply removed the nuts from the top of it. This was not acceptable as the food would still have a trace of nuts on it, so I asked a second waitress to bring it back and to provide me with a completely new dish, for severe health reasons. She told me she would do so, but with the expression on her face, there is no doubt that she did not understand why she would have to do so. She returned the dish and it looked new so I began to eat it. After I ate a few bites I could feel my throat, tongue, and lips swelling up. It was then obvious that all the waitress had done was mixed the food around to make it look fresh. I then entered a severe anaphylactic shock, took a tablet that usually conquers the reaction, but with no success went to the bathroom to try to get it out of my system, but to no avail we had to rush to the nearest hospital. We requested to pay the bill and due to the deceitfulness of the whole evening and how ill I was, expected some discount, but was charged full price(50.50) as the waitresses and manager spoke about us in Chinese and made us feel like a terrible inconvenience, we were in such a panic, we paid it and rushed to the hospital. I was rushed into the Cardiac Arrest Unit in the hospital, put on a drip and kept there overnight. This was a horrible experience and one I wish to bring your attention to as I'd hate to think of anybody else with a nut allergy going through such an ordeal.

• Visited February 2013
8 Thank majella c
Dublin, Ireland
“Very tastie food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

Myself and my husband paid a visit to Annadale Cottage Restaurant as I had not been there in years and my previous experiences with the other owners was very good....
We arrived at the restaurant at 6pm when we arrived we were greated by a friendly gentleman we were asked had we a reservation to our surprise at 6pm I thought we were nice and early but the restaurant was hopping with people we were shown to a table inside the door even though their were other tables in nicer places but they were obviously reserved....the interior is very interestingly decorated with fish tank and all....the crockery was lovely and the staff were friendly we ordered a starter for two people which was very tastie I felt pricey at 18:00 euro....I then got the red curry that was very good a very generous portion with fried rice that cost 19:00 the chips were 3.00 for a tiny little bucket of them...my husband got the duck which he said was very good that cost him 18:00 a black coffee cost 2.80 and the latte was a pricey 3.70 that's 1.20 more than I would normally pay...the total bill came to Euro 65.00 which I thought was pricey considering we had no alcohol or soft drink just tap water....I would not be back in a rush...I could not afford to pay that kind of money in this day and age....

• Visited March 2013
Dublin
“Lovely meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

We visited just after they opened and had a lovely meal. The staff are friendly and helpful. I am glad this restaurant has reopened and its great to see since it opened its busy all the time. They also have a takeaway a d the food is just as good as the restaurant

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Bernie21
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Over priced with Indifferent Management and Staff!!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

Have been to this Restaurant many many times over the last 15 years and have really enjoyed the experience both "dining in " and "take away" - sadly not on this occassion!

1) The prices do not reflect the current economic climate and certainly do not match "offers" available in "like" establishment's both in the area and around Dublin. The inflated prices may be linked to the refurbishment cost's!

2) Loud loud music very difficult to have a conversation. I love all types of music but, would expect it to be in the background and would have preferred authentic Chinese music whilst dining in a Chinese Restaurant.

3) A very loud table of diners who were singing along to the music and who were swearing profusely whilst conversing with each other did not help the ambiance and make for a romantic dinner. When I asked a member of staff if they could approach the group and ask them to "tone it down" I got a smile and shrug of the shoulders. I took this to be hard luck they are a group of 6 or more and obviously with a larger "tab" than ours was going to be. A young couple seated even closer to this group looked most uncomfortable and at a guess I would say had a romantic "expensive" evening planned which was being spoiled by the lack of thought of others.

4) The height of the dining chair versus the height of the dining table made it very awkward to reach the food,may look nice but, not practical.

5) My food arrived and was nothing special and as the prices were so steep I choose to have only a main course. The usual "warming plate" was not provided and so my food got cold very quickly. My partners advised his Duck dish was very good.

6) When the bill arrived I re-iterated to a manager /supervisor what I had already discussed with the waitress (points listed above) and was astounded at the response -total indifference, no offer of a drink on the house, and when the price of the food was discussed we were advised to come back for Sunday Lunch when they have a offer on ---I DON'T THINK SO!!

No atmosphere/ too much lighting/too big a price tag.

• Visited March 2013