“Very tastie food”

Annadale Cottage Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 28 Restaurants in Lucan
Cuisines: Chinese, Diner
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Annadale Cottage Restaurant is a Fine Chinese Cuisine Restaurant located on Lucan village beside McDonald and Maxol garage. Annadale is committed to building strong relationships with the local community. Whenever possible, we try to source ingredients locally to support local producers and manufacturers. All ingredients are freshly prepared onsite every day by trained and experienced chefs who are passionate about Chinese cuisine.
Dublin, Ireland
“Very tastie food”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Myself and my husband paid a visit to Annadale Cottage Restaurant as I had not been there in years and my previous experiences with the other owners was very good....
We arrived at the restaurant at 6pm when we arrived we were greated by a friendly gentleman we were asked had we a reservation to our surprise at 6pm I thought we were nice and early but the restaurant was hopping with people we were shown to a table inside the door even though their were other tables in nicer places but they were obviously reserved....the interior is very interestingly decorated with fish tank and all....the crockery was lovely and the staff were friendly we ordered a starter for two people which was very tastie I felt pricey at 18:00 euro....I then got the red curry that was very good a very generous portion with fried rice that cost 19:00 the chips were 3.00 for a tiny little bucket of them...my husband got the duck which he said was very good that cost him 18:00 a black coffee cost 2.80 and the latte was a pricey 3.70 that's 1.20 more than I would normally pay...the total bill came to Euro 65.00 which I thought was pricey considering we had no alcohol or soft drink just tap water....I would not be back in a rush...I could not afford to pay that kind of money in this day and age....

• Visited March 2013

Dublin
“Lovely meal”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We visited just after they opened and had a lovely meal. The staff are friendly and helpful. I am glad this restaurant has reopened and its great to see since it opened its busy all the time. They also have a takeaway a d the food is just as good as the restaurant

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Bernie21
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Over priced with Indifferent Management and Staff!!!!!”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Have been to this Restaurant many many times over the last 15 years and have really enjoyed the experience both "dining in " and "take away" - sadly not on this occassion!

1) The prices do not reflect the current economic climate and certainly do not match "offers" available in "like" establishment's both in the area and around Dublin. The inflated prices may be linked to the refurbishment cost's!

2) Loud loud music very difficult to have a conversation. I love all types of music but, would expect it to be in the background and would have preferred authentic Chinese music whilst dining in a Chinese Restaurant.

3) A very loud table of diners who were singing along to the music and who were swearing profusely whilst conversing with each other did not help the ambiance and make for a romantic dinner. When I asked a member of staff if they could approach the group and ask them to "tone it down" I got a smile and shrug of the shoulders. I took this to be hard luck they are a group of 6 or more and obviously with a larger "tab" than ours was going to be. A young couple seated even closer to this group looked most uncomfortable and at a guess I would say had a romantic "expensive" evening planned which was being spoiled by the lack of thought of others.

4) The height of the dining chair versus the height of the dining table made it very awkward to reach the food,may look nice but, not practical.

5) My food arrived and was nothing special and as the prices were so steep I choose to have only a main course. The usual "warming plate" was not provided and so my food got cold very quickly. My partners advised his Duck dish was very good.

6) When the bill arrived I re-iterated to a manager /supervisor what I had already discussed with the waitress (points listed above) and was astounded at the response -total indifference, no offer of a drink on the house, and when the price of the food was discussed we were advised to come back for Sunday Lunch when they have a offer on ---I DON'T THINK SO!!

No atmosphere/ too much lighting/too big a price tag.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank annette s
Dublin, Ireland
“Delicious”
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Delicious food. Especially the thai red curry. Lack of atmosphere due to us being in so early in the day. Will definitely be back.

1 Thank Felicity R
dublin ireland
“Very Nice”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

I was delighted to see the Annadale Cottage re-opened and booked a table for last weekend. The place is decorated really lovely, tables, chairs, lighting of a great quality. Staff and food excellent, really enjoyed my visit. My only tiny complaint would be the lighting is soooooo bright, would be very nice if they dimmed the lights, especially when you are out on a Saturday night with a loved one!!!!!

• Visited January 2013