“Good food - Poor Air conditioning”
Review of Lucan Spa Hotel

Lucan Spa Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lucan
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Attended private function in the ball room, good food, however, slow bar service but evening was spoilt by the lack of air conditioning despite being told it was on - made a very uncomfortable evening.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
thelucanspahotel, Manager at Lucan Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Mac_Southsea,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Tripadvisor. Thank you for your kind words on the quality of the food during your event.

I'm sorry to read you felt your night was spoiled by the hot conditions. Your event was held in our Boyne Suite, which features it's own built-in climate control air conditioning system. I can assure you that this system is fully operational and was working perfectly during your event. However, problems arose when guests seated next to fire exits began to open these doors against the advice of hotel management. As I am sure you are aware, an air conditioning system is severely hampered when windows and exit doors are open.

Overall, thank you for your review and if you wish to discuss your experience in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me by phoning the hotel directly.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Whilst I used this hotel for an overnight stay on route to another destination I found the hotel very pleasant.
Good points: nice friendly receptionist, comfortable spacious rooms which are well sound proofed against the noise of traffic, food was very good and there was plenty of it.
Bad points: the only criticism I can make is that the hotel is not easy found even with a sat nav.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Kelvin M,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Lucan Spa Hotel on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay. Thank you for your kind words on our friendly staff, comfortable rooms and food.

I'm sorry to read you had trouble finding the location of the hotel. Unfortunately, your comments echo thousands of other guests who stay with us since the N4 layout was changed and our pleas for proper signage with the council and NRA have fallen on deaf ears at this moment in time. However, we hope to find a sensible resolution with this predicament soon.

Overall, thank you for your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Stayed here recently for two nights. Hotel is close to M 50 which is very convenient for travel and easy to get to. Room was nice and bed very comfortable- I had a good nights sleep. Had everything I needed, hair dryer, iron etc. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is very good and I ate dinner twice in the hotel also and this was also good. I had a car and there is plenty of car parking space but there is also a bus service to the city centre bit I didn't use it. Rates for my stay were very good too.

Room Tip: I've stayed here twice and had no problem with my room on either occasion.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Dear maggotireland,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on tripadvisor. We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay.

Thank you for your kind words on our comfortable rooms, our friendly staff and location.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I stay here quite often, especially when visiting family with my elderly mother. I find the staff are excellent and really helpful in ensuring our comfort. For example when we booked in they immediately changed my mum's room to one nearer the lift without me asking.
The hotel has a very nice restaurant and very good bar food.
The hotel has a more traditional, lived in feel, a little tired around the edges, but lacks that clinical hospital feel you sometimes get in newer hotels.
I will always choose the Spa over some of the big chain hotels that have opened in the area.

Room Tip: Choose an outward facing room. Inside facing rooms are a bit noisier with AC.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear HullBryan,

Thank you for reviewing the hotel on Tripadvisor. We are delighted you have enjoyed your previous stays at the hotel. Thank you for your comments on our friendly staff and food served at the hotel. We try and cater for all our guests' needs, and I am happy to read we were able to facilitate your mother with a guest bedroom on the ground floor.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have stayed in the Spa hotel on several occasion over the last few months. For the price you pay I have no complaints to make. Rooms are spacious and clean. Although there was a lack of toiletries in the bathroom but its not a big deal as I'd usually bring my own but was slightly disappointed that on the one occasion I forgot they're were none to be found. The staff are very accommodating and I've rarely had trouble getting a booking, even if it was last minute.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear CosBeag,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to read you have enjoyed your stay at the hotel over the last few months. Thank you for your kind words on our cleanliness and friendly staff.

I apologise for the lack of toiletries in your room. Each room is fitted with a "push to release" shower gel dispenser in the bath or shower. However, upon your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact a member of staff where we would be happy to source you additional toiletries.

Once again, I would like to thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Claire Casey,
Sales Manager,

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Having read through the (relatively few) poor reviews written about this establishment it is clear that they were written by former guests of the type nobody can do anything to please. How anyone can accuse the Lucan staff of ignorance and rudeness is beyond me as we found the Lucan Spa to be one of the best hotel experiences we have ever had, and we are seasoned travellers of both at home and abroad. What impressed me most was the standard of presentation of staff members and their enthusiasm to do anything to assist. The hotel offers good secure parking, FREE, which is a bonus given the prices Dublin hotels charge for their parking. The hotel is beautiful, traditionally decorated and full of charm - spotless and very welcoming.

We have young children and we can attest that children are NOT evicted from the bar at 7pm...why would they offer a children's bar menu if children were prohibited? WELL BEHAVED children are more than welcome to sit in the bar as ours were - if you don't control your children then other guests such as us would expect you to be told to remove your children! we enjoyed a bar meal, the food was delicious and good portions, the young male waiter was a credit to himself and his employer. Our room - 103 - was spotless, spacious and we have never slept on better beds anywhere...without doubt the best night's sleep I have ever had. Next time we will go the extra yard and take our dinner in the lovely a la carte restaurant which offered a very nice 3 course meal incl. tea/coffee for eur25.00 - we arrived just as it was opening at 6pm and were impressed by the two female dining room attendants checking their appearance before attending the entrance....things like that make the difference and show attention to detail.

We found the staff to be friendly, polite, happy to oblige a request and very smartly turned out appearance-wise so well done to the management for recognising this important aspect because people do notice things like that. I particularly liked that the staff were locals - I have nothing against foreign staff being employed however I think a hotel should be, in the majority, representative of its region and people. Lucan itself is a charming little village, very picturesque and I wish we had had the time to explore it properly - we will definitely return to Lucan sooner rather than later and will definitely stay at the Lucan Spa Hotel when we do. We have not enjoyed a hotel break as much as we did here in a long time.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 27twinkle
thelucanspahotel, Manager at Lucan Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2013

Dear 27twinkle,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Lucan Spa Hotel. Reviews are very important to the hotel and allow us to meet exactly what our customers require during their time at the hotel.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write such an extensive review and your comments will be passed back to all our team here. Thank you for your kind words on our staff, food and cleanliness.

We thank you for your custom and we would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

We booked to stay overnight as our friend held her wedding in the hotel. Having read some of the reviews I thought "OMG what are we getting into here" but how wrong was I.

We checked in and the staff at the front desk were friendly and professional. Our room was on the ground floor as requested due to my disability.

The room was clean and fresh. On bad point was that there was no handle on the outside of the bathroom door!!!

We had a very enjoyable evening at our friends wedding afters. Super function room and friendly staff.

Breakfast was superb and the dining room was so spacious and well laid out. The staff here two were so helpful.

Only thing that let this hotel down was the lack of Internet in the rooms. Guys it's 2013 and this really needs to be addressed.

Overall a lovely charming hotel with a very professional staff and well worth the money.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Doylerdub,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on TripAdvisor. Reviews like yours allow us to improve our product and service for future customers.

We are delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed your friend's wedding. We try and ensure that all requests are met, and I am glad to read you received your guest bedroom as requested on the ground floor. I apologise for the lack of a door handle on your bathroom door. Unfortunately, we were carrying out maintenance work recently and part of this maintenance was the sourcing of new door handles. This led to some bathroom doors being without handles for one night.

On the internet, we offer complimentary WiFi to all guests of the hotel and this is available throughout the hotel in the public areas as well as the guest bedrooms. I apologise if this was not made clear to you on check in. I will speak to everyone here to ensure this is properly communicated to all guests.

Overall, I would like to thank you for your custom and we would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel in the very near future.

The Lucan Spa Hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucan
Springfield Hotel
#2 of 4 in Leixlip
The Court Yard Hotel
#1 of 4 in Leixlip
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#68 of 150 in Dublin

Been to Lucan Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!