“Fantastic meal”
Review of Lucan Spa Hotel

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Lucan
Reviewed May 24, 2013

We had to travel to Dublin for a funeral during the week, we had 35 people on a bus. The bus driver rang a head to this hotel to say we would be stopping off to eat and could they accommodate us, they only had an hour to set up. When we arrived they were all ready for us, we were seated straight away and the food was served hot! The staff were prompt and courteous. Everyone had plenty of food and thought the food tasted fantastic. So well done to everyone involved! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
thelucanspahotel, Manager at Lucan Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Surfbaby34,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Tripadvisor. Your comments are very important to us and we use all feedback from guests to improve our product for future guests.

Firstly, I would like to express my sympathy for your recent bereavement within your family. I am glad to read you enjoyed your meal at the hotel. We try and retain a flexibility at the hotel which allows us to cater for large groups at short notice. Thank you for your comments and I will pass these on to our kitchen and waiting staff here at the hotel.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

We have eaten in the restaurant of the Lucan Spa hotel several times with friends who live locally. Recently we called in again on our way home from Dublin. The food had always been good and the portions generous. No exception this time. I had the Seafood Chowder. It was rich, creamy and packed with fish, including whole prawns. As I did not want a big meal, I asked if might have the Pate starter as a main. No problem, it too was excellent. My partner had the pate and then Salmon, it had a wonderful sauce and was accompanied by plenty of vegetables, mashed potato and chips. I was even offered a plate of chips to taste. Staff who passed the table all said hallo and smiled. A credit to the hotel
Can't wait to visit again. Roll on an excuse to visit Lucan!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EllieKIreland
thelucanspahotel, Manager at Lucan Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear EllieKIreland,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Lucan Spa Hotel on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to receive feedback from our guests as we believe this will help us improve our product for future guests.

I am delighted to read you enjoyed your meal at the hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

stayed here last week on business, rooms outdated ,,food mediocre , seems like his hotel,is lost in a time warp , noisy road out front, staff nice though , would rather go to a another hotel more modern

Stayed: May 2013

Dear John P,

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to receive feedback from all our guests and use all comments to improve our product for future guests.

I am sorry to read your stay did not live up to the high expectations that we set ourself here at the hotel. The hotel was built in 1891 and we have tried to retain this authentic Edwardian style throughout as seen in the décor throughout the hotel.

While the hotel is situated just off the N4 roadway, our bedrooms offer great sound insulation. I will immediately investigate this with the room you had stayed in, as this does not seem to have been the case during your stay.

If you would like to speak to us about your stay in further detail, please do not hesitate to contact us and we will happily discuss.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I initially booked this hotel as I had stayed there some years ago, but now, never again. When I booked I requested a smoking room and it was also confirmed in the booking that I would have a double bed in my room.
On arrival i found the receptionist to be very rude and ignorant and totally dismissed my request for a smoking room, apart from a suggestion of a room in the basement. When I went to my room, it was merely a single bed, and when I went back down, the receptionist said, I had to take what i get.
The room itself was basic and cold with a window that would not close.
All in all, just terrible and not a place I would ever recommend. There is NO room in any business for staff who are rude and ignorant.

Room Tip: Always make sure to contact the hotel in advance to ensure that your booking is confirmed and meets...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
4  Thank Darragh M

Dear Darragh40,

Thank you for reviewing the hotel on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to receive any feedback from previous guests and use all comments to improve our product for future guests.

I am sorry to read of your experiences of the hotel and I wish to apologise for the events you have described. I believe my colleague Betty has since contacted you to discuss your stay at the hotel.

If you would like to discuss your stay further, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

As i write this i am lying in my bed in The Lucan Spa Hotel trying yet again and yet again unsuccessfully to go asleep.Put simply.the noiae from the motorway beside the hotel is like trying to sleep in the middle of the noisiest construction site evet.One Word---impossible.
Suggestion--The sinfle glazed windows outside older sash windows aint wirking folks

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank bobster0
thelucanspahotel, Manager at Lucan Spa Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Bobster0,

Thank you for reviewing The Lucan Spa Hotel on Tripadvisor. Reviews are very important and allow us improve our experience for future guests.

I am sorry to read of your experience during your stay at the hotel. While the hotel is close to the N4 roadway, we very rarely get a complaint from the subsequent noise since installing a double glazing window system. I have a feeling there may be something affecting this in the room you were staying in. If you would like to contact me to discuss your stay in further detail, please do not hesitate to do so using the details below.

Tel: 01 628 0494

Reviewed April 15, 2013

All in all the Lucan Spa is ok. They lock their doors at night, old school. The rooms are so dated, I admit not at all meeting anywhere near my expectations however; if your passing by and need to lay your head... it's not that bad. You will get a good kip here and its clean enough. You would sleep and shower and go on with your day type place... didn't opt for breakfast and probably wouldn't stay again to be honest... but if it came down to it, i could think of worse places!

Room Tip: I'd imagine most rooms are fairly outdated looking... in honesty, i'd bring my own pillow fo...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear SST11144,

Thank you for reviewing The Lucan Spa Hotel on Tripadvisor. We very much welcome reviews as they help in providing feedback from our customers and helping us to improve ourselves for future guests.

I am sorry to hear your experience of the hotel did not meet your expectations. If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail, please do not hesitate to contact me using the details below.

Tel: 01 6280494

Reviewed April 10, 2013

The Lucan Spa Hotel is very much a Family Owned & Operated premises. Parts of the Buildings date back to Circa 1800. It is a very quaint and comfortable venue. Top class Staff. Good Food & Reasonable Prices. It is not a Modern Chain type, Bland facility. If you plan to stay in the Dublin West area, I suggest that you strongly consider The Spa. On the other hand, if you want an Ultra Modern & lots of Chrome premises, you will need to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Try to obtain a room not overlooking the N4 Bypass road. Free Car Parking.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Lorddunrodden,

Thank you for reviewing the hotel on Tripadvisor. Reviews are very important to the hotel and allow us to receive feedback from our customers to improve the experience for future guests.

I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Our hotel does indeed enjoy such a deep history, having been built in 1891.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Ulick Colgan,
Marketing Manager,
Lucan Spa Hotel.
Tel: 01 6280494

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucan
Springfield Hotel
#2 of 4 in Leixlip
The Court Yard Hotel
#1 of 4 in Leixlip
Kilmainham
Sheldon Park Hotel
Sheldon Park Hotel
#68 of 150 in Dublin

Been to Lucan Spa Hotel? Share your experiences!