“Finnstown Country House Hotel”

Finnstown Castle Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lucan
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here for a family wedding and had a great time – although we did not use the gardens you could see they are very well manicured – the food was amazing only matched by the service I could name people but I did not find one that did not treat us all like kings – the room we were in was very nice large the bed was comfortable with a little glass annex so you can have a drink in or read a paper in.
We would defo go back and were very happy with our stay

There are newer reviews for Finnstown Castle Hotel

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Had lunch this week in the bar area of this wonderful country house hotel, situtaed just of the M4 close to Lucan in south west Dublin . Very good menu, servlce was quick and courteous, and excellent value for money. Would highly recommnend .

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 24, 2013

We stayed in one of the extremely spacious lawn suite rooms with its super king sized bed and a single bed. It was very comfortable and had plenty of room to accommodate 2 adults and a 2 year old! The breakfasts are superb with a great selection and the staff could not have been more helpful..even offering to get pancakes for our daughter. We ate from the evening bar menu and it was reasonably priced and very tasty. It's a comfortable, friendly hotel full of character and we will be back!

Room Tip: The lawn suites are very spacious.
Reviewed March 21, 2013

I have had an extraordinarily negative experience with Finnstown House. I am getting married at a small venue near Finnstown House on 7th June 2013 and booked overflow accommodation at Finnstown House in September 2012. Six months later Finnstown House unlawfully (not illegally I hasten to add) cancelled this booking without hesitation or regret.

I am working overseas, and made the booking over the phone, securing it with a credit card and booking reference. I add at this point; a booking reference means: I (the customer) entered into a contract with Finnstown House (the service provider). Upon booking the rooms in September 2012, there was no problem regarding availability - I specifically remember being told they had no wedding that weekend and there were more rooms available if required.

On January 25th Finnstown House called to inform me that the hotel had booked a wedding and that there would no longer be any rooms available for my guests. I was simply told "weddings get priority". Essentially, Finnstown House got a better offer for the weekend and cancelled my booking.

I strongly contested this with the Manager, reminding him that I was not informed of any such risk at the time of booking. I questioned the hotels ethics; standards of hospitality, reliability of service, moral conscience? The managers' general attitude was indifference and although some alternative accommodation was suggested (of a much lower standard and at a great distance from our wedding venue, which I naturally declined) he would not agree to allow my guests to stay at Finnstown House as agreed, booked and secured 6 months earlier.

This whole episode has been more than stressful, upsetting and most importantly it has left our wedding guests in a very difficult position.

From this absolutely horrific experience in dealing with Finnstown House, I vehemently advise that this hotel is THE most unreliable establishment and it does not stand over secured booking arrangements. If they get a better deal than yours - they will take it so be warned.

I am sure the management of Finnstown House will issue a response to this review but unless the hotel stand by my original booking and provide the agreed accommodation for my guests, no words are sufficient to vindicate this situation or their actions in any way.

16  Thank Brigney
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here last month with my husband for one night. Staff were welcoming on arrival & directed us to our room which was in a separate building opposite the main hotel. Had dinner in The Peacock Restaurant - food was lovely despite service being a bit on the slow side (45 min wait for main meals). The hotel building itself it very grand, plenty of fireplaces, art and comfy sofas to lounge around on! Breakfast the following morning was also of a high standard and thankfully service was much quicker. The only downfall of this hotel is the pool area, which we used before leaving. It's a very outdated facility - old-fashioned, grubby and in need of a good overhaul. It's not somewhere you would want to spend alot of time in which was very disappointing. Money definitely needs to be spent to bring this area up to the same standard as the rest of the hotel - only then would we return.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here with my partner and young son for one night it was a beautiful hotel in a lovely setting just a 20min drive from Dublin city centre. The room was lovely and very clean . Good choices for food and lots of amenities close by. We will definitely stay here again.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have stayed here several times for business. They staff are excellent, always welcomed me by name, couldnt do enough to help. Always friendly and courteous. Food in restaurant is excellent and huge portions. Breakfast is always a treat, and I often hear the waiting staff talking to the guests about their plans for their visit, and recommending places they should go and see. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Their suits are fabulous too, with separate living and sleeping rooms. Highly recommended. Grounds of the hotel are so beautiful and amazing venue for weddings. Cannot fault the place one bit. I would seriously recommend to everyone to stay here if in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucan
Clontarf Castle Hotel
#1 of 3 in Castleknock
The Court Yard Hotel
The Court Yard Hotel
#1 of 4 in Leixlip

Been to Finnstown Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!