“The Crean Family”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Lucan
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“The Crean Family”
Reviewed November 4, 2011

We have been going to the Finnstown for 12 years and nothing else compares with it. The rooms have everything - the grounds are beautiful and peaceful - the food is excellent and the staff are friendly and helpful and remember us each time. We feel so at home - back again next year can't wait!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
BarryMaher, General Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2011
Dear PaddyCrean,

Thank you for taking the time to review Finnstown Country House Hotel. It is always fantastic to hear from a repeat guest, especially when the comments are so good. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and it lived up to your expectations from previous years. I look foward to welcoming you back again in the future.

Barry Maher

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
Huddersfield
Reviewed November 3, 2011

Just returned from our 10th visit to this fantastic hotel. Went with two sons and their families.Booked 3 rooms in long stay apartments and was like being at home--wonderful facilities. Have stayed in rooms previously and these are excellent as well.We have used this hotel for many years and introduced several family members--6 couples and 4 childrem and also been visited whilst there by other family members. Best hotel in the world and we have travelled the world over and the best breakfast in the whole wide world is FINNSTOWN without a doubt. Staff are brilliant and its like going home to one big happy family. Sean, Freda,Gabrielle,Bernard, Declan.Edwina for the bookings and giving us always what we request +Barry the manager +all staff too numerous to mention. FOOD mmmmmmmmmmmmm first class

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
BarryMaher, General Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2011
Dear LenihanHuddersfield,

Thank you for such a glowing review on Finnstown Country House Hotel. It is always great to hear from a repeat customer such as yourselves, Over the years there has been many changes but we have managed to keep our loyal members of staff that you mentioned that really make the difference within the hotel. I am delighted you are recommending the hotel to so many others as this is our best form of advertising! I have passed on your fantastic comments to all the team including those who you have mentioned.

I look foward to seeing you again in the future

Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Stayed here each time we have been to Ireland for the last 7 years wouldn`t go anywhere else
staff fantastic, rooms superb, if you do see it ask and the staff and management will do their best to help.

Dear Pat B,

Thank you for taking the time to review Finnstown Country House Hotel. It is fantastic to hear from a repeat guest over so many years, There has been many changes over these years and I am delighted these have kept you coming back each year. We are constantly trying to raise our standards based on guest feedback and changing times. I hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed November 1, 2011

Truly one of the best hotels I've ever stayed in. Myself and my partner booked a night here through a pigsback voucher a few months back. The room was so clean and comfy. Stayed there twice since and brought my parents the last time and had a wonderful time. We ate far to much which is so easy when the food is so so good. Booked to go back in two weeks time an can not wait. I'm recommending this hotel to anyone who'll listen. The staff and management are so friendly and couldn't be helpful enough. Looking forward to going back.

• Stayed October 2011
Dear Richard372011,

Thank you for your glowing review of Finnstown Country House Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and are recommending us to others. The team are very passionate about the service we offer at Finnstown and always go out of there way to make sure that every guest is given the best service possible during there stay.

I team are delighted with your comments and it has really given them all a lift knowing that guests are noticing their hard work.

I look foward to seeing you again on your return

leitrim
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My partner and I stayed here at the weekend for one night, on a dinner bed breakfast deal. I have to say I was very pleasantly surprised. It was a little difficult to find, well my sat nav was confused anyway. So, dinner was absoloutely top class, I really was expecting something mediocren but this was not the case. It was an interesting menu, 4/5 choices on each course. We had the venison and seafood starters, for mains I had pork medalions and my partner had duck. Struggled with desert, which was delicious. To top the evening off there was live music in the lounge, very pleasant, no problem having a conversation and also enjoying the music. I had only two minor gripes, 1. I booked a hotel room, but was given a self catering apartment - may suit some, didnt bother me all that much, but I would like to know in future at the time of booking. 2. Room Service charge for breakfast was eight euro each, a bit over the top I think, sixteen euro ?? Breakfast was lovely by the way. The staff in the restaurant were excellent, we had a very nice waiter during dinner, Miroslaw. It's a lovely old house, beautiful dining room, not at all stuffy. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 1dakotaLeitrim
Dear 1dakotaLeitrim,

Thank you for taking the time to review Finnstown Country House Hotel. It is fantastic to hear we surpassed your expectations. We pride ourselves on the quality of food we service at Finnstown and the delivery of our service and am delighted this did not go unnoticed by yourself. I have passed on your very kind comments to Miro and the rest of the team

I look foward to seeing you on your return visit

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Stayed here in September and enjoyed an excellent 6 night stay. Service was excellent from the hands on manager to Sean and Gabrielle in the dining room and indeed all the staff. Already looking forward to a return visit.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
BarryMaher, General Manager at Finnstown Castle Hotel, responded to this review, October 26, 2011
Dear Kerrymanforsam,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in Finnstown Country House Hotel. I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. The staff are our greatest asset and work very hard to make sure every guest is treated indivdually and with the best service possible. I have passed on your fantastic comments to all the staff

Eddie
Reviewed October 21, 2011

Stayed here for friends wedding. Hotel is set on fabulous grounds. Hotel staff were very helpful. We stayed in residence suites which has little courtyard or balcony.I was really impressed with hotel bar which has a lovely seating and feels very relaxed. Would highly recommend a stay here

• Stayed October 2011
Dear Vwglen,

Thank you for taking the time to review Finnstown Country House Hotel, It is great to hear that you enjoyed your recent satay with us. We take alot of pride in making sure every bride and groom have the best day of there lives and that the guests attending are looked after in every way. I am delighted you noticed this during your stay.

I look foward to welcoming you back again

Eddie
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lucan
Clontarf Castle Hotel
#1 of 4 in Leixlip
Castleknock Hotel
Castleknock Hotel
#1 of 3 in Castleknock

Been to Finnstown Castle Hotel? Share your experiences!