“Fillet Steak”

Hanora D Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 32 Restaurants in Lucan
Cuisines: European, Irish
Good for: Large groups
Description: The Award Winning Hanora D Restaurant in Dublin offers contemporary Irish and international cuisine based around the finest and freshest ingredients presented with imagination and flair. Set in an Edwardian background, guests are treated to a menu of mouth-watering dishes that will inspire even the most discerning palate.Our team of chefs have been attracting regular clients for many years with a cuisine combining the best of Irish and European cooking and dedicated to people who want comfort, a warm and friendly ambience and superb service, all at reasonable prices.A full wine list provides wine lovers with a large selection of wines from all over the world, with some fine wines from Chile, France, South Africa and Australia to name a few. Champagnes and sparkling wines are especially reserved for the last day celebrating a successful holiday or city break.
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We were early and it was empty, staff were excellent and the steaks superb. It had started to fill up a little by the time we left but still lots of room.
Thought the wine list was a bit expensive but we just had a glass from the bar.

UlickC, Manager at Hanora D Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear STMcA,

Thank oyu for taking the time to review the Hanora D' Restaurant of The Lucan Spa Hotel. I am delighted to read of your positive experience at our restaurant.

I will pass on your comments to our team here and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Ulick Colgan,
Marketing Manager,

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Every visit I take to "Hanora D Restaurant" in "The Spa Hotel" has been exquisite!

From the setting: Which is so relaxed, nice music softly playing in the background.
To The staff: Always a a smile from the porter to the waiting staff and all in between, willing to bend over backwards to accommodate anything you need . . . since I have a few allergies my order is never straight forward
To the food: Divine and enough to feed a small army in each dish!

I only tried the restaurant (having lived locally for almost 20 years) when my husband and I decided to have our wedding in the hotel function room.

We have been back countless times just ourselves, with family and with friends . . . never fails to reach even the highest of standards.

1  Thank P-Eng-28

Dear P-Eng-28,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Hanora D' Restaurant on Tripadvisor. We are delighted to read of your pleasant experiences at our venue.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Ulick Colgan,
Marketing Manager,

Reviewed May 11, 2013

I have eaten here many times on family and business occasions. I could not fault the food or the service on any occasion. I can particularly recommend their Fillet Steak, which I always order "rare" and it has always arrived cooked as requested. The helpings are usually very generous and extra potatoes or vegetables (if you really need more?) are always supplied with a smile. The wine list has been expanded recently and should suit most tastes and pockets. The home made desserts (apple crumble with custard is my favourite) are always delicious. It is usually possible to slightly of script/menu to accomodate personal food preferences. Just ask. The food in the hotels Ballyneety Bar is also worth considering if you are in more of a hurry.

UlickC, Manager at Hanora D Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2013

Dear Gilmartinsonthemove,

Thank you for reviewing The Hanora D' Restaurant on Tripadvisor. We are delighted you have enjoyed your visits to the restaurant. We take pride in the flexibility we offer with our menus, and are happy to help when guests ask for their preferences. I will pass on your positive feedback to our team here.

We look to welcoming you back to the restaurant in the near future.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

The food was fabously, especially the pork, and try the potato croquette they are to die for, and the brie only gorgeous. We have dined here a few times, the staff are friendly, and helpful if your undecided, i would definetly recemmend trying this restaurant and the rate are very keen.

1  Thank Elaine P
UlickC, Manager at Hanora D Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2013

Dear Elaine P,

Thank you for reviewing the Hanora D' Restaurant on Tripadvisor. We are delighted you enjoyed your visit to the restaurant. I will pass on your comments to our team here.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant in the near future.

Lucan Spa Hotel

Reviewed August 26, 2012

My husband and his godson have the same birthday, and this year we decided to have a big family celebration dinner. We chose the Hanora D restaurant for its close proximity to all our homes, and also the €25 early bird menu. Given the menu price we certaintly weren't expecting a 5 star meal, but we definitely weren't expecting the low grade food put in front of us. The service was very poor, and you almost had to scream to get the attention of the waitress. There were about 20 people in the restraurant, and we were a party of 12. We waited ages for our order to be taken, and while the starters were served within 10 minutes, we were waiting at least 20 minutes after our starters were cleared before we got the main course. I had the stuffed pork with apple sauce, and it was overcooked, dry and pretty much tasteless. The steaks looked great on the plate, but apparantely tasted extremely bland. My husband requested his stake to be cooked rare, but was well past medium when it arrived. The childrens meal of chicken nuggets and chips were obviously cooked from a packet, and looked about a week old. The only saving grace was the desserts which were absolutely delicious. I would not recommend this restuarant to anyone, and hopefully will never have to eat here again.

2  Thank IndianaDee

Dear IndianaDee,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Hanora D' Restaurant on Tripadvisor. Feedback is very important to us and helps us to improve our product for the future guest.

I am sorry to read that your experience was below the high standards we set ourselves. I am very surprised you experienced poor service from our waiting staff. The restaurant and hotel in general pride ourselves in the warm and tentative nature of our staff. For larger parties like your group, we would allow for a longer time in taking orders, allowing all members of each party to get fully seated and settled and have a full look at the menu to make their meal choice. Also, we would only clear starters after every person at the table has finished as per general etiquette. This may have resulted in a perceived delay for some members of your group.

I am sorry to hear of your comments on the meal itself. I can also assure you that all our meals are prepared from fresh on order using all locally sourced ingredients. Thank you for your compliments on the desserts.

If you want to discuss your experience with myself in greater detail, please do not hesitate to contact me using the contact details below.

Lucan Spa Hotel