The Beacon(Sandyford)
$105
$97
$138
$129
Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin(Blackrock)(Great Value!)
$177
Royal Marine Hotel(Dun Laoghaire)
$125
Haddington House(Dun Laoghaire)
$150
$138
$182
1,416 results
All reviewsluas stopdundrum shopping centrenice hotelbusy hotelair coachbar foodreception staffshuttle busdublin cityaircoachmotorwayconcertirelandshampoohairdryerfoyer
Reviewed August 21, 2007

The Bewley's in Leopardstown is decidedly good value for money, in case you have business in the south of Dublin. I stayed for 3 nights in July and slept well in a really comfy bed. The bathroom was clean and the shower had both good pressure and enough hot water. On my first morning I went for the breakfast buffet but was deeply disappointed. Unless you really crave the fatty fried stuff that make up the better part of an Irish breakfast, the selection is sub-standard. The "restaurant" has the same cosy feel as you would imagine a school canteen (or even a prison canteen). Save your money and have breakfast elsewhere if you can.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank Marinis
Linda F, Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2016

Reviewed August 11, 2007

The problems start at check in (and out). I've stayed 3 0r 4 times now and there are always queues. The worst was at 11 o'clocl one evening - only one person on to meet the airport shuttle!

The hotel is good value for money, currently €89 for a room for a 3/4star hotel. Location is very convenient for Motorway and if you are doing business in South Dublin. BF is a help yourself & charged but good (hotel) value. Bar and lounge are nice - but please sort out reception, makes the whole experience poor.

• Stayed: June 2007
1  Thank anothersuitcase

Reviewed July 25, 2007

The sole purpose of our visit to Bewley's Leopardstown was to avoid a trip through the night to catch a ferry from Dun Laoghaire.

We were able to book two interconnecting rooms, which was wonderful as the kids could sleep in one and we could monitor them while retaining our privacy and space. The rooms were neither spacious nor too small, the beds were comfortable and the rooms clean. Our bathroom let them down - there was a rather unpleasant piece of delitrious close to the loo paper. More attention required.

The rooms we had looked inward towards the atrium housing the bar and restaurants below. Although a dank rainy morning, it still was too dark.

Hubby and the kids ate breakfast in the restaurant. He was charged rather a lot for an all you can eat breakfast, which he availed of. The younger children also got good value for their all you can eat. The waitress at this restaurant erroneously tried to convince me that I would also be better getting my continental breakfast from her restaurant, as my meal would quickly add up to the same price as my husbands.

However, I braved the snack bar across from the restaurant and managed to purchase a croissant with honey and a cup of tea for €3.30 or so. MUCH cheaper than in the restaurant.

In conclusion - the hotel is ideal for the Dun Laoghaire ferry, it is comfortable and fairly clean. If you want a continental breakfast, go to the snack bar, if you want a cooked breakfast head to the restaurant. If parties split up, you can eat together in the lobby.

The Free WiFi is great, there was little traffic noise and we made our 11.10 Ferry with enough time to wander around Glasthoule beforehand.

We loved the concept of the interconnecting rooms - other chains please take note.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Bean_Limerick

Reviewed July 18, 2007

This hotel was not bad but not all that great either. 3 star, no frills, you get the feeling that if any frill were ever offerred someone would be fired. Some annoyances, like random hot and cold shower but not much else. Hotel food was not bad, its Ireland so decent food is hard to come by. What i liked is you could wash a two pound bag of clothes for 9.50 Euro. No transportation to city centre.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank KS69

Reviewed January 4, 2007

We stayed at Bewleys to save driving home after a Christmas party as we work very closeby and we were most impressed. The room was spotlessly clean and had every comfort we could ask for in a 3 star hotel and all at an excellent price. The hotel has a bar and a restauraunt, and there is a Thai restaurant within 2 minutes walk and a pub/restaurant within 10 minutes walk. This hotel is aimed at the business market and apart from the nearby racecourse is not ideal as a tourist location but it is only 2 minutes from the M50 motorway so if you have a car good place to stay if you want to be fairly close to the city. It is a few minutes walk to the Luas (tram) to Dublin, and the airport shuttle bus stop right outside the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled on business