The Beacon(Sandyford)
$127
Travelocity
$125
$121
Radisson Blu St. Helen's Hotel, Dublin(Blackrock)(Great Value!)
$145
$100
$97
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Royal Marine Hotel(Dun Laoghaire)
$234
$199
$192
Travelocity
1,395 results
All reviewsluas stopdundrum shopping centrenice hotelbusy hotelair coachbar foodreception staffshuttle busdublin cityaircoachmotorwayconcertshampooirelandhairdryerfoyer
Reviewed April 28, 2010

If you are looking for great value and great service in a Dublin hotel you would be hard stretched to find better than Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. Its not in the city centre but you have good access by road or train (Luas station 200 metres) and you will not get value like this any closer to the city centre.
The room was modern, spotless and a good size, with a double (king), single and a fold down sofa; plenty space for my wife and I plus the 2 kids.
We ate in the restaurant both breakfast and evening meal, quality/price ratio was excellent, the staff were very friendly and made you feel welcome (high to Declan in the well stocked bar).
Your next trip to Dublin will be all the more enjoyable (and cheaper) if you stay at this modern classic.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
Linda F, Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2016

Reviewed April 7, 2010

For what you pay this is really good. Room was clean and had everything you need. Bar and food not cheap - service good. All the staff I dealt with were friendly and helpful

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business

Reviewed February 17, 2010

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night only, it was enough. On checking in I found the reception staff efficient but unfriendly. The room was fine, basic, but it had 2 single beds pushed together instead of a double bed.

There was no room service, which is not impressive for someone who feels uncomfortable eating alone. The service in the bar food area was bad. When I eventually caught a waiters eye to order I felt like I was inconveniencing her. When the food arrived it was acceptable. I then tried to catch someones eye to get the bill, when the girl finally looked in my direction she put up her hand & told me to wait! I waited 5 minutes and there was still no sign of her to return. I eventually had to go to the counter to pay.

The TV in the room was very bad also, it kept breaking up.

Overall I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
MgmtLeopardstown, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2010

Dear Reviewer

I wish to thank you for taking the time to make a comment in regards to your stay with us and to express my disappointment at the level of service you received, both during your check in and also in our Lounge area.

I have spoken at length with my team in regards to your outlined points, and are taking the necessary steps to ensure we don’t have repetition of this in the future.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused to you, I can assure you that it is not consistent with the normal ‘Bewleys Experience’ or the level of service we aim to achieve.

As regards room service at Bewley’s Hotels, I am afraid that we currently only offer this for continental breakfast however guests are always welcome to order food in the lounge or restaurant and take it up to their room on a tray if preferred. 24 Hour room service is not actually a requirement for a 3 star hotel hence the reason it was not introduced when the hotels were opened originally. In light of your comments though, the expansion of this service is certainly something we are now considering.

Again I thank you for your feedback. We believe it is our responsibility to continuously improve the quality of our service for our guests and it is only by receiving such valuable information that we can maintain the high levels of service on which Bewley’s Hotels prides itself.

We hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Bewley’s Hotel Leopardstown in the very near future.

Kind Regards

Joleen Donoghue

Reviewed November 2, 2009

We stayed in this hotel for 1 night only. The hotel is extremely practical if you want to stay in this area. The rooms are standard, nothing exciting, no extra frills but then again you are getting what you pay for! We found the hotel a bit impersonal. If you book a room rate only, make sure to add up what you will pay for both parking, breakfast, etc., because it maybe worth checking for a B&B price in surrounding hotels to compare

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed October 28, 2009

Hi. Stayed here in july 09 for 3 nights with 2 girlfriends. Lobby very grand, room very nice. It was good value because all 3 of us shared the one room, if we had had to book 2 rooms it wouldn't have been such good value! In the room there was a double bed and a proper single bed (not a pull-out / camp bed) so that was good! nice bathroom, tea + coffee making facilities provided etc.
I probably wouldn't stay here again on a leisure visit though as it is quite far out of the city centre. You can walk to the tram stop about 10 mins walk away and then get the luas tram into the city but the tram takes around half an hour. It does start early and run til late though. Also there is not much around the hotel at all. We did find a really nice pub / sandwich shop/ mimimarket etc but this was about 15 mins walk away and we would never have found it if we didn't have a local with us!
However, i think this would be a great place to stay if going to a concert in Dublin - there was a U2 concert on while we were there, we didn't go unfortunately, but the hotel put on a coach service to the concert and back. Also the coach between the hotel and airport is regular and drops u of right at the front of the hotel. This also might be a good place to stay if you are driving as it has a big underground car park.
We didn't have breakfast in the hotel as it was a bit expensive for us student types and we preferd just to get going! Staff seemed good and held our bags for us on our early arrival and late leaving. We probably looked quite backpacker but they were good to us just the same! Thanks, have fun in Dublin it's a cool city!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends