“Bring back the bar food!”

Clayton Hotel Leopardstown
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leopardstown
“Bring back the bar food!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here on numerous occasions-overall good value. I was disappointed at Christmas that the bar menu was gone as this had been pretty good. The restaurant food for dinner was not as good as previously. Breakfast was pretty good,coffee Very good. Bring back the bar food please!

• Stayed December 2013
ColmMurphy, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Dear User0407,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay in Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. Regarding the bar food menu this is still in place. We do have to limit the offering over the very busy Christmas racing period to facilitate the volume of people coming through the hotel. At all other times the bar food menu is available.
I was delighted to here you had an enjoyable breakfast.

Colm Murphy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Galway, Galway, Ireland
Reviewed January 8, 2014

OK, it was New Year's Eve but the noise went on ALL night - it was terrible. Clearly drunk people, but they were fighting, knocking on everyone's doors, shouting, running up and down the corridor. Why were they not ejected from the hotel? Why would you put a family on the same corridor as people who are clearly only there to party? I asked for a quiet room!!

I rang reception at 3.30am at my wit's end (our 4 yo was with us and none of us could sleep). The receptionist was apologetic and said 2 security men were on our floor but the noise went on and on.

This is a staple feature of Irish hotels at weekends and it is embarrassing and offputting. (I am Irish.) The hotels need more security and more stringent rules, and they need to evict unruly guests always. Hotels put up with these troublemakers far too much.

We had late check out included in our price but after such a dreadful night, we left at 11am to go home to the peace and quiet. I complained again on check out and the receptionist was sympathetic. She gave me the manager's card but I didn't bother to contact him. What's the point? It's not as if they ever do anything.

A very disappointing night in an otherwise OK hotel (room was fine, bar décor nice, large, self-service breakfast, near Dundrum Shopping Centre and Luas tram).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Ladybird43,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us here over the New Year. I was sorry to read that your time wasnt as comfortable as it could have being with New Years celebrations going on. I was however glad to read your positive comments about the hotel.
I do hope that you do return to the hotel in the future and would ask that is you do to contact me directly and I will insure you have a more comfortable stay.

Kind Regards

Colm Murphy

Travelers are raving about these Leopardstown hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed over for the New Year and everything was fine apart from the lack of restaurants outside the hotel.
We didn't want to dine and have the same menu over for 3 nights but apart from that breakfast was totally self-service and the New Year celebrations were still in full swing in the lobby at 7am when we were leaving for our ferry.
I think it would have been a better stay if we had just gone for sightseeing Dublin and not expecting a good New Year celebration (it was not for us whatever was going on!!)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Kamilla T,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. I was delighted to read you many positives and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Moate, Ireland
Reviewed January 7, 2014

As a frequent user of Bewleys Airport Hotel I found Bewleys Leopardstown extremely disappointing and over priced for the poor standard. Food was very poor standard, staff not pleasant or polite. TV in the room did not work and I was travelling with a young child. Took two calls to reception to get it sorted. Cleaners walked into the room next morning at 8:30 when we were still in bed. This is the second bad experience we have had in this hotel and it will be the last as we would not use it again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Pauline F,
Thank you for taking the time to review Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. I was sorry to read of your bad experience and would be grateful if you would contact me directly to discuss this further with me. I can be contacted on colm.murphy@bewleyshotels.com.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Lisbellaw, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We got an offer for 59 euros, so decided to try this hotel. It's a sister of the airport one, but with better public rooms.

The hotel is convenient for the M50 and the all-important Luas tram to the city centre (about 20 minutes to St. Stephen's Green - 5 euros return).

As a fairly new building, there is nothing shabby or run-down, and everything in the large room worked well. The en-suite was particularly good, and there's a trouser press/ironing board too. The room was quiet and well soundproofed, with a free digital safe and proper spyhole in the chunky door.

Breakfast was advertised at 12 euros, but after the lacklustre fare of the airport hotel, we declined. Reception was efficient and polite, while the whole place was very clean.

There was a 10 euro charge for the underground carpark.
Overall verdict ; For what we paid? ......A bargain.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
ColmMurphy, Front Office Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am glad you found the hotel to be such great value for money. Next time you stay, I would suggest trying the breakfast, I'm sure you will be pleasantly surprised.

I hope to welcome you back soon.

Aberdeen
Reviewed January 5, 2014

Had a good experience here before, but was disappointed on week of Xmas 2013. We booked a family room: my 7-year old son was given a pull-out bed on which the slats were broken and replaced by ply-wood. He had a very uncomfortable night. The floor of the room had not been cleaned and the bathroom could have been cleaner. There was no hot water at 7am in the morning. There were additional payments required also. Soap was E1.50 to buy. There were 2 bottles of mineral water in the room at E4 each, if opened. The car park was quite expensive also.
There were 2 fire alarms during the night, due to the cigarette disposal bin, at the main door, going on fire. Unfortunately, staff were clueless about procedures as the ran about not knowing what to do and were unwilling to offer hot refreshments to freezing guests.
Hotel is in a great location, but badly let down by lack of comfort, extra charges and staff.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review.

I am sorry to read that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction, and the issues that you raised with regard to the sofabed and other issues in the room have been brought to the attention of the accommodation manager.

As you correctly pointed out, there was a small fire in the hotel on the night you stayed. This was not simply a bin fire however, and it was necessary for us to evacuate the hotel. While we appreciate that this was a particularly cold evening, our main priority was the safety of all guests and ensuring that everyone was safely evacuated from the building, while the fire service dealt with the issue. I'm sure you will understand that until such a time as the fire department was satisfied that it was safe for people to return to the building, we were not in a position to offer any warm beverages to guests. As soon as we were told it was safe to turn on equipment, all guests were offered the choice of returning to their rooms or going to the bar for a warm drink.

I would like to assure you that all staff have been fully trained on how to deal with such a difficult situation as an evacuation and all those involved acted in accordance with internal procedures, and the fire department were complimentary of our efficient handling of the situation.

When the fire alarm went off, the boilers,and all other equipment automatically shut off, and while these were all reset once we were given the all clear, we did have an issue with hot water in some area's of the hotel on the morning following the fire and I apologise unreservedly for this.

Having stayed with us before, you will know that the events of your last stay are not the norm for us, and I do hope you will return, where I am sure you will find everything to your satisfaction. Please contact me directly if you wish to make a future booking on 01-2935000.

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed here one night last week. We arrived about 6pm with long line at check in. Check in staff ok but lobby crowded and floor had a lot of rubbish thrown around. Had a sandwich at the self service buffet bar........over cooked chicken baguette, ham and cheese in brown bread........expensive and tasteless. Only thing good was the coffee. Room on the 5th floor basic and looking out on empty car park, yet the underground car park we had to use was very difficult to navigate (bollards everywhere) and almost full.
On returning to hotel after our evening out the lobby was still strewn with empty glasses, bottles and other rubbish. I used the lobby bathroom and it was worse......used nappies, papers, water on floor. No, we will not be returning. This hotel needs more staff on duty and better management.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,

I am sorry to read that your experience was so poor. I would very much like to opportunity to discuss your experiences with you in person, and I would appreciate if you could contact me directly on 01-2935000 or via email gsm.leopardstown@bewleyshotels.com

I look forward to hearing from you.

Front Office Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leopardstown
The Beacon
IMI Residence Dublin
#2 of 2 in Sandyford
Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge
Clayton Hotel Burlington Road

Been to Clayton Hotel Leopardstown? Share your experiences!