“Good base for the South Dublin area”

Clayton Hotel Leopardstown
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leopardstown
Manchester
“Good base for the South Dublin area”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

The rooms are fine, however the reception staff could do with a few lessons in courtesy.I have stayed on a few occasions as it is close to the nursing home where a friend is being cared for, the last time I arrived I was told that there was only a reservation for myself and not for a friend who had come with me, although I was in possession of the confirmed reservations. When the receptionist discovered her error there was certainly no apology!!
The breakfast was adequate and in line with similar hotels. Fair value for money

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
ColmMurphy, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Margaret G,
Thank you for your kind review. I was deligted to read that you are a frequent guest in our hotel.
I was sorry to read that an error was made with your booking, but was glad to read it got sorted out.
I do hope I get the oppurtunity to welcome you back in the near future.

KInd Regards,

Colm Murphy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed here last week, overall it was ok! Nothing special.. The check in was again, ok.. Receptionist could do with cracking a smile every now and then! She looked as though her being there was too much of an effort. Room was clean and spacious. We ordered room service which was very poor. The food arrived at different times, chips were cold and the goujons were over cooked. I was finished my burger before my chips were brought up, no apology, no nothing! The next morning at 8am the house keeper entered our room, which woke us up.. no apology! Then again at 11 o clock whilst getting ready to check out, the door opened again! Mentioned all the above on check out and we got a heartless "sorry about that"... I also think that after paying for the accommodation, parking should be free, not €12 over night! The one good thing about this hotel is the bed, huge bed and really comfortable! Overall I don't think I will return or recommend this hotel in the future.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Hazel_T_D,
Thank you for taking the time to review Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. I was sorry to read you had a few issues witht the hotel during your visit. Should you wish to discuss these with me personally you may contact me on colm.murphy@bewleyshotels.com .

I look forward to hearing from you.

Colm Murphy

Travelers are raving about these Leopardstown hotels

dublin
Reviewed May 3, 2013

On the 2nd of May I booked a room here as we would be tired from driving a long journey, however the next day at 1700 hrs my father took ill suddenly and had to be admitted to hospital.After staying at the hospital for 4 hours I contacted the hotel to say we would not be staying......and was informed that as I didn't contact them before 1400 hrs I would still be charged the full amount !!!!! I explained 3 times that it was because of a medical emergency , yet it made no difference.......the receptionists tone was almost gleeful as she intoned the 'hotel policy'
What a poor attitude.. do these people think customers make up these excuses ? I would have no objection to a small charge , yet to charge the full amount is nothing short of robbery !!! as I stated avoid this place....... its a shoppers market !!!!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear valkyrie49,
I was sorry to read that you did not get to stay with usduring your recent trip to Dublin. We do have to have cancellation times im afraid which are advertised on all websites and indeed on all confirmations.
I do hope that you will get the oppurtunity to stay with us in the future and give us the chance to redeem ourselves with you.

UK
Reviewed April 24, 2013

As many others have said, this hotel is pretty basic with just about the minimum of soap, towels and a little kettle. There is a small gym with a treadmill, weights etc. There's free wifi and the rooms are very clean.

The breakfast is of only moderate quality and is rather expensive. It's self-service but when I went, the queues were long and some of the items had run out without being replaced. There was also dirty crockery, and you only get one cup of tea or coffee. However, there's not much else locally so if you want fresh fruit, sealed yogurts, cheese etc, you would need to buy these the night before from the convenience store 5 minutes walk down the road. There's no fridge in the room.

If you don't want dinner in the expensive Brasserie or dingy Bookmakers Bar, there is a Thai restaurant (Baan Thai) 5 minutes walk from the hotel.

The Aircoach from Dublin airport can take up to 90 minutes in bad traffic so make sure you allow plenty of time to catch your flight.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Neatham,
Thank you for taking the time to review Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. I am surprised about your description of the Bookmakers bar and Brasserie restaurant as they have recently won an award from the Restaurant association of Ireland.
Should you wish to discuss this further with me, I would welcome the oppurtunity to try and redeem ourselves with you, you can contact me on colm.murphy@bewleyshotels.com.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Castlebar, Ireland
Reviewed April 23, 2013

I've stayed here 3 times as it's so reasonably price and right beside the luas line. The last time I stayed I ate in their newly refurbished bar which is very nice, reception and the other seating area off the bar is a lot more characterful since the addition of new plant and art.
The rooms are a good size and also bright.
The staff are all very friendly.
Parking is fee paying underneath the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the main road
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
ColmMurphy, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear MrCastlebar,
Thank you for taking the time to review Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. I was delighted to read your kind review of the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Waterford, Ireland
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I have stayed here a few occasions particularly when attending concert in the City. I find this excellent Value at these times as some hotels in the city charge a ridiculous. They offer a great service here where you can get a bus into town for I think 5 euro one way or go with a return option. We have always decided to stay in town and between 4/5 we have got a taxi back at the end of the night of about 25 euro. Could not say anything bad about this place, basically you get what you pay for. Rooms are clan and big. Breakfast can be expensive at times for what you get, prices can also vary. My friend and I got the same breakfast at different times and were charged different amounts. The bar food is lovely, the nicest Thai Chicken Curry I have ever had and very reasonable. Will be returning here again, ideal location for races.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear CMC2205 ,
Thank you for your kind review of Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. With plenty of concerts coming up over the summer I do hope we get to welcome you back to the hotel.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

Nice place , just make sure you get what you book online , they tried to charge me for parking which I had paid already and also I booked a double room online and they tried to put us in a single room. Would stay here again, no frills but very comfortable rooms

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Rainydaysinireland,
Thank you for reviewing your stay in Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. I was sorry to read there was a mix up with your booking, but glad to see it was all sorted out.
I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Colm Murphy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Leopardstown
The Beacon
IMI Residence Dublin
#2 of 2 in Sandyford
Clayton Hotel Ballsbridge
Clayton Hotel Burlington Road

Been to Clayton Hotel Leopardstown? Share your experiences!