“Superb value you cannot beat it...”

Clayton Hotel Leopardstown
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leopardstown
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

Basic hotel but has everything going you need for a buisess stay over.

69 including breakfast

Ok rooms clean but quite basic.

Breakfast very good and the staff are always polite and helpfull.

Sometimes a long queue to check out and express checkout not available.

Definitely be back again.

• Stayed: December 2012
ColmMurphy, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I was delighted with your positive words. We have now got an express check out box which I hope you will get to use on your next visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Clayton Hotel Leopardstown

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Just back from a couple of days in this hotel and really enjoyed it. We stay here every year for the horse racing at Leopardstown. We got a deal 89 euros for room per night including breakfast and one dinner. The hotel is close to racecourse and they put on a free bus.
They have underground parking, we paid 8euros per day.
The food was very good only problem is if you leave it late on race days you could find a que for
breakfast.
They have done a great job in the large bar since we were last there they have divided it into 3 areas much nicer and they had music both nights. Not a lot else in area but 10 mins to lusas and 2mins to a nice tai resturant. Rooms are warm and clean, staff good ,what more could you want?

Room Tip: We were 1st floor at front, very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your recent review of Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our new bar and restaurant.

I look forward to seeing you back here in the near future.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I stayed the night befor we went to the races, easy access from M50, staff friendly and effecient, Room only €59 and €10 each for the breadfast, well worth it, €8 for the car park till 1pm the next day. Nice extras were an iron and trouser press in the room, also after a shower a square on the mirror remained steam free, perfect for putting on makeup or having a shave. 6 min walk to the Luas not well signed and also we got off at the Dundrum stop when we should have got off at the stop before, €3.70 adult return and 10 mins. Walking distance from Leopardstown racetrack, perfect place, great buzz about the place. Would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I was delighted to read your kind words.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

This hotel just gets better - I have stayed many times. Great deals. Well located off the M50. Also on the Luas line, Right beside the racecourse. Well valued food and tasty. Very friendly and helpful staff which really does make such a difference. Nice furnishings in bar and lobby. Bedrooms spacious, modern, quiet and the best hotel pillows I have had for a long time.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed a good sleep with us here during your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

My husband and I stay here quite often as it's handy for his business meetings. The rooms are clean and comfortable, and the shower is excellent. The bathrooms are a bit tired, though (chipped paint/enamel etc) and the sink soap dispenser is always empty. No radiator in there either. The bed (usually 2 linked mattresses) is usually comfortable but the duvet is the wrong size (almost always too small).

I hope they improve the tvs too: there is no tv guide for either programmes or channels, and for some reason the clock setting stopped working after the winter daylight saving change at the end of October so the alarm doesn't work now. It's annoying, especially if one wakes during the night and would like to know what time it is!

I wouldn't want to spend weeks on end here but it's suitable for business trips.

Room Tip: 'Mountain' (i.e. Luas line) view rooms are better.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank AbbyBLuxembourg

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. As with all busy hotels maintainence issues arrise all of the time, while we try to get on top of these immediately this is not allways possible.

I do apologise for our short comings on your previous stay but I am heartened to read that you will return to us.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

We stayed at Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown to avoid city traffic in the week before christmas. The hotel is ok, but I was advised the luas was literally on the door step. This is not the case. Its not far, but in wintery weather and dark evenings the walk from the luas to the hotel door is not pleasant. Its also important to know that the luas stop at the dundrum centre is almost a ten minute walk away from the centre. I ended up driving the car from the hotel to the shopping centre- to avoid rain and walking with bags etc. If selecting the hotel as a good location to drop car and shop from here- I would think again. Hotel was clean. Room a bit cold. Stayed on 7th floor- and did not have trouble with M50 traffic noise. Food was ok

Room Tip: Select away from M50, or upper floors
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay in Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown.
I was surprised to read that you thought the luas was an uncomfortable distance from the hotel, as it is literally a 2 minute walk.
I was glad that you enjoyed the hotels own facilities however.

I do hope to welcome you back in the near future to the hotel.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Cheap overnight room only rate. Check in was swift with friendly desk staff. Rooms are comfortable. Large lounge space downstairs for a night cap. Easy access to Dundrum fas the Luas is only 2 min walk away.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for writing your positive review for Bewleys hotel Leopardstown. I was delighted that we met your expectations while you were here.

I look forwards to welcoming you back to Bewleys hotel in the near future.

Colm

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leopardstown
The Beacon
Clayton Hotel Burlington Road
Ballsbridge Hotel
Ballsbridge Hotel
#88 of 150 in Dublin

Been to Clayton Hotel Leopardstown? Share your experiences!