“Fantastic Restaurant Experience” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Leopardstown
Cork, Ireland
“Fantastic Restaurant Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed in this Hotel last Saturday night and really enjoyed our stay. Special mention to the Restaurant & Staff - newly refurbished - looks amazing, great food, great friendly service and great value. Looking forward to our next visit when we'll be sure to book in for dinner aswell as we already had dinner plans on this visit. Highly recommend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ColmMurphy, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you taking the time to review your recent stay with us here in Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown.
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the restaurant in particular.

Colm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
  • Greek first
Co. Down
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed in Bewleys in Leoparstown this weekend and as usual the rooms are a very good standard, clean, roomy and comfortable. This is a handy hotel if you want to hop on the Luas or drive to Wicklow, Wexford or any of the beautiful places in between. we got a good deal on Bewleys Website for 89Euro per room per night including parking and breakfast. I would advise people to go for this option as the carparking is much too expensive at 12Euro per day! The breakfast in the hotel is also very expensive if you are purchasing individual items e.g. a Cappuccino this morning was 3.75Euro!
On the whole though a good hotel that is always the same good standard!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience of Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown.
I was delighted that we met your expectations.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

Although far from the airport (€52 taxi fare), it is very good value for money if you want to stay close to the Southern part of Dublin.
Spotless, simple rooms, good restaurant/ cafe/pub inside.
There is also a gym.
If you want breakfast, then you should book bed and breakfast, otherwise it can get complicated when it comes to payment, but there are also breakfast menus and you can also pay for single items.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your kind review for Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown.

I do hope to welcome you back to Bewleys in the near future.

Cork, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2012

Have stayed here a few times. The hotel is pretty similar to the other Bewley's hotels that I have stayed in. The rooms are spacious, clean, comfortable and quiet. The service is friendly at the bar and reception. The bar menu is also the same as other Bewley's hotels in the area. Hot sandwiches with chips and salad €8/€9 and pizza €12/€13. The breakfast is not as good as the others I have stayed in. In terms of fruit they have about four massive bowls of tinned peaches and grapefruit and at the service counter for hot food, they are not the most generous (dare you ask for more than one piece of bacon!).

I have had lunch in the hotel too which is not great. It is a carvery and is about €13 for the plate of food, €15 if you add a drink. Honestly not worth it! If it is a carvery lunch you want the Leopardstown Inn is about 20 minutes walk down the road and is much better quality and value for money

They have a gym there but I have not used it so cannot comment (I think that is a recent addition but open to correction). The Luas (tram) is right around the corner and handy for getting to Dundrum Town Centre and the City Centre during the day. That said if you are looking to a night out in Dublin I would not recommend it as it is too far out and a taxi at night time will set you back quite a bit. Overall a good hotel if you have a reason to be in the area, but there is not much in the area other than business parks and the racecourse. For the best value I would recommend looking at third party websites, rather than going straight to the hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem standard to me!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ColmMurphy, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. I was delighted to read your mostly positve reviews.
In regards to your comments on the breakfast I have passed them onto our Head Chef as we are always looking for ways to improve.
Once again thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Kind Regards

Wexford, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I use Bewleys regularly at Leopardstown but it has now become even more comfy and convenient. Stayed there last w/e for 2 nights - there has been a major refurbishment on the ground floor at the bar, restaurant areas and foyer.Truly a super job has been completed. This hotel gets heavy traffic and refurbishment was needed. Bedrooms are still the same but nevertheless very comfy, when they next get a budget they might investigate upgrading the old style t.v's which are like Sherman Tanks in the bedroom!

Check in was as ever speedy and welcoming, with a complimentary daily/evening paper - this I really appreciate as sometimes I may eat on my own so nice to have the company. On this occasion friends were joining me on Saturday night for a meal and the new restaurant is terrific, excellent value and quality of food outstanding - would highly recommend the starter of smoked salmon with salad which was so fresh and the salad so crisp it tinged off the taste buds.

Breakfast is €9.50 and excellent, however maybe a free coffee/tea refill would be nice to offer also.

Parking is steep at €8.00 but with the Luas literally on your doorstep - Central Park you will save if heading into town or are brave enough to tackle Dundrum!

Would highly recommend Bewleys Leopardstown, and last but not least the staff are really lovely from housekeeping to the bar,restaurant...........sometimes Reception can be rather cold but they under extreme pressure and will do all they can to help.

Room Tip: Ask for an inside room if you don't want to hear the M50 or the engine of the AirCoach which run...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us here in Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown.
I was delighted to read your very kind words regarding our staff and indeed our facilities. I look forward to welcoming you back to Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown in the near future.

Kind Regards

Carrick-on-Shannon, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

My family and I stayed here for 1 night after booking the hotel via Tesco clubcard deals. I know the area and so was aware of the lack of things around the area but the luas is very close.

My experience in this hotel would rank it as one of the worst I've stayed in.

We arrived at 4pm on a Sunday. Check-in was fine - nice and quick. As soon as we got out of the lift, we were struck by how filthy the corridors were. I noticed there were still cleaners cleaning rooms so I put it down to that they had to still vacuum the carpets in the corridors...I assumed wrong as they were still filthy 2 hours later!
I read a previous review about smoke smell in rooms on the 4th floor. Well, our room on the 2nd floor was the same. The smell was terrible. Even 2 days after leaving the hotel, my jacket smelt of smoke!
The room was adequate for family stay. Bathroom could have been cleaner, batteries missing in the TV remote.

Food wise, the restaurant food was poor. After a day in the zoo with the kids i was starving yet I struggled to eat the dinner. I had heard breakfast was supposed to be good here but found it poor. It was cold and not a good way to start the day. Compared to other cheap hotels, such as Premier Inn, this was poor. Also, the staff had no record of breakfast being included in our rate.
The bar area has definitely improved and have a great selection of draft beers.

Check out was the worst. They tried to charge me for all my food bills (breakfast & dinner) even though it was included in the deal for the room.

Perhaps as I was staying under a supermarket deal that the experience was made worse by the hotel. I have stayed in a lot of budget hotels, mainly Premier Inns, but this one ranks well behind in terms of what you expect from a budget hotel. A clean hotel and good service, neither of which I got.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Dear Valued Guest,
I was disapointed to read that we did not meet you expectations on this occassion.
Should you wish to contact me directly regarding your stay my email address is colm.murphy@bewleyshotels.com.

Colm

Travelers are raving about these Leopardstown hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Leopardstown
The Beacon
Sandymount Hotel
Sandymount Hotel
#29 of 153 in Dublin
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,984 reviews

Been to Clayton Hotel Leopardstown? Share your experiences!