1,421 results
All reviewsluas stopdundrum shopping centrenice hotelbusy hotelair coachbar foodreception staffshuttle busdublin cityaircoachmotorwayconcertirelandshampoohairdryerfoyer
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Simple but large room, great for local visits not for city center. Public transport in 10 min walk to the Luas that brings you to city centre of Dublin.
Rooms are clean but no extra's just shampoo and bath soap available.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
ColmMurphy, General Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this reviewResponded November 2, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you fot taking the time to review Bewleys Hotel. I was delighted that we met your expectations during your recent stay.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here many nights during a year assignment in ireland. The company had an agreement that was very low cost for the company, but the taxi rate was outrageous from the airport. Take the bus to save a bunch but it will take an hour. Overall the staff was good and the food was adequate. Just not many places nearby, so not the place for travelers wanting to see dublin.

• Stayed: November 2011

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. I was delighted to read we met your expectations. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Regards,

Reviewed September 29, 2012

I recently stayed here on a business trip. I was in a group of 7 and we had all requested non smoking rooms, yet were all given smoking rooms and told this was all that was left (despite booking a number of weeks ago). The entire fourth floor reeks of cigarettes and the room was marginally better but not great. When we complained about this we were simply told that there was nothing they could do. The staff (particularly the duty manager the following morning) seemed to not care at all about this. As a non smoker I personally found this revolting.

The room itself had quite a modern bathroom (albeit with a slightly strange layout with the door hitting the toilet). It had a heated mirror that doesn't steam up during your shower (but the heated area will be too high for many). Outside the bathroom the room deteriorates. There are very few plug sockets and none next to the bed (meaning you can't plug in your phone (aka a mobile alarm clock!) next to you). There are no alarm clocks in the room. The bed is large and fairly firm but comfortable enough, but the duvet is far too hot - several of us commented that we slept very badly as we kept waking up far too hot.

The breakfast was adequate, but nothing amazing.

The queues at reception are sometimes very long.

The lifts are often slow and randomly stop at all floors even if the buttons haven't been pressed.

We managed to secure a corporate rate of EUR76 for one night plus breakfast which is reasonable and also (I guess) indicative of the quality.

The hotel is about 20-30 minutes from Central Dublin on the tram.

All in all I couldn't recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: It would appear that no matter what you ask for when you reserve the room this is completely ignored
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review Bewleys Hotel Leopardstown. I was sorry to read that your request was not met regarding your room preference. The hotel was busy during your stay so it was not possible for the staff to move you to a non smoking room.
I do hope you come and stay again and would ask you to contact the hotel directly with your requests and we will endevour to meet your requests.

Regards,

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have been recommending this hotel to family and friends for some years and they have always had a pleasant experience. we also had a very good family dinner there recently. I booked a room recently for friends from the US who were over for the Notre Dame v Navy game at the Aviva. Inadvertently they debited my credit card with the bill rather than my friend's Visa. Once it was pointed out to them they responded immediately and rectified the matter. They were efficient, polite and helpful. I will continue to recommend Bewleys Hotel and Leopardstown.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Linda F, Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2016

Dear Guest ,
I am delighted to announce that we are now a Clayton Hotel,
I do hope we can welcome you back in the not to distant future,
Warm Regards,
Linda Folan,
Operations Manager

Reviewed September 27, 2012

Stayed at Bewley's on two occasions during a business trip as my normal first choice (The Beacon was full). Hotel is ideally located for the office in Sandyford and was okay for the single nights I stayed there.

Quite a wait at reception when checking in/out on both visits.

Hotel offers nothing special to write home about and the charge for parking is a little disappointing.

Would I stay again? Yes, but only if the Beacon was full and only due to its handy location.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank BigST99
Linda F, Manager at Clayton Hotel Leopardstown, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2016

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to announce that we are now a Clayton Hotel. We do hope you will come and stay with us ,
Warm Regards,