“Was not expecting a good time”
Review of Benito's

Benito's
Ranked #9 of 27 Restaurants in Dalkey
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Grill
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Benito's Restaurant is located on the main street of the heritage town of Dalkey. Benito's chefs specialise in homemade pasta and wood-fired pizza, grilled meats and local seafood. Celebrating 14 years in business.
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Dont under estimate this Restaurant, the food is great and the service is brill. I was very surprised and had a really nice meal

Reviewed December 7, 2012

The friendly waitresses
The food - enjoyed but think portions a bit small
A nice touch would be a few olives/bruschetta on the house while waiting for ordered food which would have enhanced the whole experience.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

Please don'tgo there for starters or desserts!

We went there as my friend had been there before she highly recommended it. Well, by the end of the evening she wouldn't stop appologizing for the choice of restaurant.

We bot had the same starter and main course. The starter was a greek style salad with pancetta and feta cheese and this was a complete rip off. We were charged 7€ for a few leaves, almost no pancetta, 4 tinny pieces of feta cheese and a few cherry tomatoes which were serves with a balsamic glazing that was dreadfull.

The main course, a creamy tiger prawn pasta was lovely and I can just recommend it.

The desserts on the other hand was a nightmare. A raw chocolate brownie with a chocolate sauce that tasted as it had gone off. My friend was unable to eat it. And she has a sweet tooth and normally never send anything back but this time she couldn't help it.

I had some kind of italian cake that is half icecream. Again, it did taste as it had gone off. I'm nt saying it was but there was this very strange taste that I just couldn't figure out what it was. I did send it back eventually!

We paid 75€ for 2 people and without any drinks. This is a fortune if the food is not nice, so I will definitly not go back there!!!

But I still don't understand how the main course can be good and the rest just awful and I'm not even starting about the service now.

Really disappointing!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

Used to be a regular but because of the tv I will not go back. Use it as a pizza restaurant for the kids but can eat better food at home in front of tv. Go out to get away from that! Pity though because staff are very friendly

3  Thank AAD52
Reviewed October 10, 2012

First time here and about time as we pass here every day!

There is a seemingly good value early bird but then nowadays nearly every single restaurant has to have an early bird to drum up business. But it is only good value if the food matches. The choice is not great for the included (not extra) dishes being (surprise, surprise!) pasta and pizza. Two very low value dishes and so cheap to prepare being basically flour and water!

Starters of calamari and beef meatballs were fine and as expected.

I very rarely eat pizza so I though I'd be on for a good one here. But not so. My pizza was awful. I ordered the spicy beef with pepperoni. It came with no pepperoni so had to be sent back. When it arrived back to table, I expected dry, minced, spicy beef. It was actually covered in a bland bolognese sauce that made the base completely soggy, wet and watery so it totally ruined the pizza. I couldn't lift it to eat it so I could only eat the outside "ring".

How did chef not see what would happen if you put a wet ingredient onto a dry base??? It totally baffles me. The pork belly was actually good as it had a small bit of tasty crispy skin and not too much fat. This was the best thing we ate.

Pity to have these problems as the manager is a very nice guy, the service from the girls excellent and the restaurant itself a lovely well thought out pleasant place to dine.